Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

MSFS Sim Update 4 and FBW A32NX

Hi there,

We have updated the development version of the A32NX to work with Sim Update 4. Please check if you have the latest version installed.

Although: Due to changes in the way flap lift is modelled, the plane may bounce when transitioning between certain flap settings (flaps 1 to flaps 2 and flaps 3 to flaps FULL). The stable version is less affected than the development version. We’re already working on a fix.

On the bright side: with SU4 the weather radar is now showing precipitations instead of cloud coverage. Also SimConnect injected traffic (e.g. VATSIM, IVAO) is now implemented in the TCAS.

You can update to the latest development version using our installer from https://flybywiresim.com/ or download it directly at https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx#download

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 16

FlyByWire Simulations

Thanks a lot! 

I see there are a lot of fixes to the flightplan in SU4, are those as well added to the update? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Brilliant! Thanks a lot.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Thanks a lot! 

I see there are a lot of fixes to the flightplan in SU4, are those as well added to the update? 

As far as we tested, nothing else (systems, avionics, etc.) is affected right now

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Great news! Any news about the custom Lnav from WT getting implemented in the experimental version?

Still WIP.

• Upvote 1

FlyByWire Simulations

I have been attempting to connect my Saitek/Logitech hardware panels and controllers.  For example starting with the basics such as Battery 1 and 2 and the APU I can only setup Battery 2 to engage ( but none of your wonderful sonds), and what used to work for the APU appears to no longer be viable.

Any thought to expanding connectivity to include those with home cockpits? Or any documentation? A forum would be sweet (or even a sub-forum on the neo here at AVSIM.)  I know through my research connections now depend on buses and circuits but some additional insight would be most helpful.

Thanks for such dedication in bringing such a highly developed aircraft into our MSFS world.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

2 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I have been attempting to connect my Saitek/Logitech hardware panels and controllers.  For example starting with the basics such as Battery 1 and 2 and the APU I can only setup Battery 2 to engage ( but none of your wonderful sonds), and what used to work for the APU appears to no longer be viable.

Any thought to expanding connectivity to include those with home cockpits? Or any documentation? A forum would be sweet (or even a sub-forum on the neo here at AVSIM.)  I know through my research connections now depend on buses and circuits but some additional insight would be most helpful.

Thanks for such dedication in bringing such a highly developed aircraft into our MSFS world.

Clutch

they have publish the list of all SimVars the A32NX is using https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/blob/master/docs/a320-simvars.md

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Ah thanks fogboundturtle,
( won't even ask how you came up with a handle like that, ha 😄,

That could be just what I was looking for.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

44 minutes ago, Watsi said:

Hi there,

We have updated the development version of the A32NX to work with Sim Update 4. Please check if you have the latest version installed.

Although: due to changes in the lift of the flaps, a bounce can appear during certain flap settings (flaps 1 to flaps 2 and flaps 3 to flaps FULL). The stable version is less affected than the development version. We’re already working on a fix.

On the bright side: with SU4 the weather radar is now showing precipitations instead of cloud coverage. Also SimConnect injected traffic (e.g. VATSIM, IVAO) is now implemented in the TCAS.

You can update to the latest development version using our installer from https://flybywiresim.com/ or download it directly at https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx#download

Do you have news about the compatibility of the Experimental version with the new SU4?

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Do you have news about the compatibility of the Experimental version with the new SU4?

Development right now is currently ahead of experimental by several weeks. They stopped updating Experimental at the start of the month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Development right now is currently ahead of experimental by several weeks. They stopped updating Experimental at the start of the month.

Ohh, so it's better or right to change to the Development version?. I've not flown the bus in more than a month, but would like to know. Thanks

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

Ohh, so it's better or right to change to the Development version?. I've not flown the bus in more than a month, but would like to know. Thanks

Yeah for right now.

18 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

Is this the first release where the core development team had early access to the SU?

No, it's the second. The core development team also had early access to WU4.