Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Just Flight turbo arrow

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Yup, me too. 66 percent discount, can't argue with that. I think this is my ninety-umpteenth PA28 from Just Flight over the years. Guess they must be doing something right.

Looking forward to the Warrior too. I'm going out on Friday for a day out with Fifi which I'm looking forward too, so will be a bit late to the party but there you go. Also due to get another new guitar delivered from Germany on Friday as well, so it's going to be a fun day when I get back home, although explaining to Fifi why I need yet another guitar might not be so easy, but I've got all day out with her to soften her up. I'm thinking of going with overwhelming her with technobabble about the difference 8k impedance of the P90 pick ups makes to its tonal qualities. 🤣

P90s are the best pickup.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Before the mods chastise us again for talking guitars...here are a few of mine

bWvVo6S.jpg

And I am definitely picking up the new warrior...on the fence about the turbo

Edited by Target71
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, me too. 66 percent discount, can't argue with that. I think this is my ninety-umpteenth PA28 from Just Flight over the years. Guess they must be doing something right.

That’s funny. This Turbo will be my first. Passed on the non turbo model in March simply because I don’t need two of these, regardless of discount. But that’s me. From all the glowing comments on the non turbo model and the previews up on the new one, pretty much sounds like one of the best, if not THE best aircraft in the sim currently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I wonder what kind of Turbo Arrow their going to model. There are some turbo models where  too high settings of MP during take off can blow off the engine! 

This one does that?  (heh)  They model everything these days don't they!

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Target71 said:

Before the mods chastise us again for talking guitars...here are a few of mine

bWvVo6S.jpg

And I am definitely picking up the new warrior...on the fence about the turbo

I am the other way want the turbo for that extra grunt over 10,000' but not sure if the warrior offers much we do not already have (even though have I have flown one in real life).

Nice collection, have not picked up a guitar in years. I have a '72 Tele Deluxe (twin humbuckers, maple neck with no fretboard) stashed away in a cupboard somewhere (bought it new in '74) I should dust it off and see if it still plays, it must be coming up to being 50 years old shortly.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I just like the grungy little trainers, they feel more like flying to me...and no I am not a pilot IRL but a buddy of mine will take me up with him once in a while...

staR867s.jpg

Just outside of KPXE.

I would come and take that Tele off your hands but that would be a bit of a trip. That is just a third of collection but those are the ones I play the most.

Edited by Target71

27 minutes ago, Target71 said:

I just like the grungy little trainers, they feel more like flying to me...and no I am not a pilot IRL but a buddy of mine will take me up with him once in a while...

I would come and take that Tele off your hands but that would be a bit of a trip. That is just a third of collection but those are the ones I play the most.

It plays really well, but is not worth a lot as they were never that popular.  I could probably get roughly the price of a new Fender for it if I wanted to sell it. If i had bought the 5 or 6 year old second hand '67 Strat hanging next to it, that would be worth a fortune these days. Only real issue with them is the neck can move about if you get to radical with them but they were more a jazz/country guitar anyway.

This one is pretty much identical to mine right down to the wear and tear ( I think the switch on the one in the photo has been replaced as pretty sure they were all ivory/white back in the day):

Fender73TeleDlx3tSB521719_11.jpg

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It plays really well, but is not worth a lot as they were never that popular.  I could probably get roughly the price of a new Fender for it if I wanted to sell it. If i had bought the 5 or 6 year old second hand '67 Strat hanging next to it, that would be worth a fortune these days. Only real issue with them is the neck can move about if you get to radical with them but they were more a jazz/country guitar anyway.

This one is pretty much identical to mine right down to the wear and tear ( I think the switch on the one in the photo has been replaced as pretty sure they were all ivory/white back in the day):

Custom Teles are fairly popular these days, and If you can find a Stones fan looking to buy one, they'd probably give you a lot for an original one because Keef is a bit of a fan of 72' Teles with Humbuckers, although you can of course sling a PAF in a standard Tele yourself like I did on one of mine, although I did have to rout the cavity a bit bigger to get it to fit and cut a bigger hole in the scratchplate. Looks good though and sounds great too:

G3rt5Aa.jpg

But just to steer things back toward aeroplanes, here's some aviation-related Fender Ads from the past:

vintage-fender-fighter-plane-ad.png?v=15

0275f509c57d633b1013d9c03114f629.jpg

vintage-fender-skydiving-ad.png?v=155509

d3292922d9ef6c3e35c24650dd76d274.jpg

e2f8bf808f85fbb778b0a702ff49e5da.jpg

50e68035d1cfe29051f1d2d08a5df7fb.jpg

1d36b82bc4c1633786a489473c5dc9ca.jpg

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Forgive me mods but I am absolutely laughing and dying inside at the guitar talk after a mod warning and thread cleansing. It's an adorable and innocent interlude from a typical MSFS thread. It reminds me of what randomly happens on Reddit "Shh, mods are asleep, let's talk guitars". I'm all for spontaneous innocent banter like this. Shouldn't happen often but when it does I'm down with it.

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

23 minutes ago, jaseman007 said:

Went to their site with my emailed link and it's not available?  Was definitely 28/5 right?

It's still early!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

26 minutes ago, jaseman007 said:

Went to their site with my emailed link and it's not available?  Was definitely 28/5 right?

Timezones and such

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

9 minutes ago, jaseman007 said:

4PM 28/5 in Melbourne Australia.

Not sure where these guys are.  I'll keep an eye out tonight (my time).

Cheers all.

UK

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS