Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Just Flight turbo arrow

I said I wasn't buying this but.. I am a sucker for T-Tails and with the discount... Yeah... Count me in on the contradicted themselves crowd

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

47 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Well, i dont know if this is new to the Turbo Arrow or if the standard Arrow already had this in a recent update (not flown it for a while)...   no stupid logbook popping up half way through shutdown!  Well played Just Flight 🙂

That was part of the recent sim update I believe. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

idontneedit idontneedit idontneedit

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Welp. My first flight paid for the plane. I blew the turbo climbing to cruising altitude.  I have something to learn now!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

21 minutes ago, Donka said:

That was part of the recent sim update I believe. 

Apparently not as this time the logbook popped up.   

This sim is so inconsistent in it's behavior at times.  Never known software like it. 😄

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Well ... it is definitely  faster once you get up around  12,000 feet.   😄

I'll have to take your word for that....   by the time i got the old girl up to 10,000 i had to start my descent 😄

• Like 1

She definitely cruises a bit faster even below 12,000ft.. Not by a lot but definitely a marked improvement. Some refinement on the controls and you can almost get her to the safe threshold 

6SnLW2B.jpg

Edited by styckx

6 minutes ago, The Moose said:

I'll have to take your word for that....   by the time i got the old girl up to 10,000 i had to start my descent 😄

yeah ... am being a bit paranoid about manifold pressure and  mixture till I get the hang of it.  It is very easy to get manifold pressure way over 40 if your day dreaming.  Mixture also matters, going full rich at altitude pretty much kills all power - as it should

16 minutes ago, styckx said:

She definitely cruises a bit faster even below 12,000ft.. Not by a lot but definitely a marked improvement. Some refinement on the controls and you can almost get her to the safe threshold 

Currently at 14,300' 2475 rpm manifold 38 inches, mixture 22% (rich of peak) I am getting an IAS of 140 kts and a TAS of 175 kts (according to tablet) .  GPS reports groundspeed of 170 kts with a 5 knot headwind.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, styckx said:

I said I wasn't buying this but.. I am a sucker for T-Tails and with the discount... Yeah... Count me in on the contradicted themselves crowd

QFT

8 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Currently at 14,300' 2475 rpm manifold 38 inches, mixture 22% (rich of peak) I am getting an IAS of 140 kts and a TAS of 175 kts (according to tablet) .  GPS reports groundspeed of 170 kts with a 5 knot headwind.

That's about what I'm seeing. You tune her right you can easily get 140kts out of her at cruise.  I'll take it! It's a rough solid 10kts faster than the naturally aspirated Arrow III

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

I enjoyed my first flight from and to EHRD with the III. Feels good (at least for me), but some of the textures in the cabin are really poor. I hope they will fix them.