Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Missing new startup screen

Yesterday, after updates and reboot, I had the new start up screen. Today I restarted my computer, and the new startup screen no longer appears. I have rebooted, updated windows, but no help. Any ideas what could cause this?

• Like 3

Yep same here seems totaly hit or miss, total waste of time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 minutes ago, JiBrady said:

Yesterday, after updates and reboot, I had the new start up screen. Today I restarted my computer, and the new startup screen no longer appears. I have rebooted, updated windows, but no help. Any ideas what could cause this?

Same here.  Given up bothering to try and work out the mysteries of Asobo's coding.

I didn't follow the official forum closely during the last days, but has anyone seen the topic mentioned there - and perhaps a statement at least from a mod - yet?

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, pmb said:

I didn't follow the official forum closely during the last days, but has anyone seen the topic mentioned there - and perhaps a statement at least from a mod - yet?

It's been mentioned there and there's no official response.

• Like 1

Same issue here.  The splash screen was there after SU4 but has now gone again.  Most odd.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Well, I have yet to see this mysterious splash screen some of you are seeing. I get the blue circling around my mouse pointer. 🙄

59 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Same issue here.  The splash screen was there after SU4 but has now gone again.  Most odd.

+1

Bert

People just don't realize the complexity of the sim.

I for one, have never seen the so call splash screen so far.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 minute ago, CarlosF said:

wow, that was uncalled for!

Im sure you can do a better job of coding....that is, if you even know how.

People just don't realize the complexity of the sim and the hard work that goes into it, so instead of complaining, why do you instead give words of encouragement, after all, they do deserve it.

It's because of lack of other complains.  Who cares about a start screen. The first 2 times I wondererd if the game started, then I knew how it worked.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

18 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

People just don't realize the complexity of the sim.

I for one, have never seen the so call splash screen so far.

Nice edit Mr Sensitive 😉  

It was a fairly lighthearted comment regarding another little oddity in this sim.  I wasn't complaining. I wasn't blasting Asobo.  I bloody love this sim and what they have achieved so far  but lets not pretend there aren't some strange niggles and weirdness's now and again!

Chill fella.

the splash screen is an other randomly behaviour going side by side with starting problems from time to time, server issues sometimes, seldom usb assignement faults, update loops and so on. I can live with it, seems to be a longer way until having a stable sim.

Ralf Andreas

Already a healthy discussion on the new screen. Better to keep to a single topic when possible.🙂

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

45 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Nice edit Mr Sensitive 😉  

It was a fairly lighthearted comment regarding another little oddity in this sim. 

lol, did edited as I misread you post, my apologies, no harm done!

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo