Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

KATL by Flytampa - no yellow dot!

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Imaginesim's KATL is so good...I dunno having 2 same payware airports is a good idea, it dilutes the market share....aka less money for everyone

The way things are going you will have 2-3 or more versions of the same airport in MSFS in a few years, I have not purchased any for MSFS.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

What a way to treat loyal customers who have been buying from them for many years. 🙄

How hard could it have been to give a status update every now and then? Or at least say anything AT ALL about this project?

6 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Imaginesim's KATL is so good...I dunno having 2 same payware airports is a good idea, it dilutes the market share....aka less money for everyone

Edited by micstatic
double post

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 hours ago, Skywolf said:

It’s good but not so good. Flytampa is on a significantly higher level in terms of textures and lighting. Check out Boston and Las Vegas 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thanks @Tim-HH    Although the answer is depressing.  Atlanta to me is the most important one in my simulator.  So I was looking forward to this.  Wonder if FT has any surprises for the positive up their sleeve, or if their plan is to release the same P3D airports for MSFS?

Extremely disappointing. Another developer that just isn't the same as before. Our hobby keeps changing... 

-Tony@PVD

• Like 4

Tony Moore

5 minutes ago, breakinghbts said:

Extremely disappointing. Another developer that just isn't the same as before. Our hobby keeps changing... 

-Tony@PVD

Agree Tony.  We all want different things but I'm bummed out by this.  Seems like all the ones I'd love to see done by the best devs using modern techniques never get done.  I look at certain airports I own, but am disappointed in.  EWR, DFW, LAX, JFK are examples.  I guess we will never know how far along their atlanta scenery was, or if it was just a "no trespassing" like marker to keep others away from redoing it.  

• Like 2

If conditions allow, we might restart it at a later point

Don't give up yet, guys! :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Don't give up yet, guys! :laugh:

I think the best case now at this point is they do it for MSFS.  

We need Emilio to release EHAM 2.0! 

As stated by many of us:

1.  FlyTampa really did a poor job in keeping us updated during this 3 year process - then just cancelled it.  Feels like when my girlfriend dumped me just as I bought the engagement ring - I mean honey you waited 3 years to tell me you were a lesbian!!

2.  I think the P3D users like me have been pushed aside by the big MSFS bully as far as developers go.  I do have MSFS loaded, but I NEVER use it. I love my P2D V5 with all the airports and PMDG / QW planes.  But someday I'll make the switch.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta

7 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

I mean honey you waited 3 years to tell me you were a lesbian!!

Wait...wait...do you see the "opportunity" here......lol

Honestly, I figured that Flytampa's KATL won't get released due to Imaginesim releasing it early on.  Even today, I never buy the second airport from a developer if I have a good airport from the first developer.  I truly hope EHAM v2.0 is released or universal installer, current method to install is just flat out dumb.    

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I don’t think everybody agrees with you. An airport as important as Atlanta I’ll buy 3 different versions if it means I’ll have the best. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Since I exclusively fly Delta liveries on all my jets, this news is disappointing.

• Like 1