Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane Technology Preview One

22 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Pretty sure it more accurate that default xp 11 🥱

Ofc it will be 100% accurate than any default scenery.  What did you expect ?

You think making textures for world coverage is easy and 100% accurate ?

You are talking about real world textures compared to local made 

Don't forget the fact Bing is owned by MS. 

Unless LR get a venture for streaming sat data to your PC we are good with what Ortho4xp can provide.

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Upvote 3

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Southwest009

4 days ago

You should do volumetric clouds perfect shape and sizes including real life. It'll be just like a real world.

Austin Meyer

14 hours ago

Maybe not supposed to say but yes that is what we are coding now.

legend95

1 day ago

Also please make sure to overhaul the rain effects on windsheilds , overall rain enhancement and ground textures like reflective while rain and snowy when it snows. Yes , please add weather too like snow , hailstroms , rainstroms

Austin Meyer

15 hours ago

Yep. I got a guy on that job now. Total agree.

Edited by markk70
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Ofc it will be 100% accurate than any default scenery.  What did you expect ?

You think making textures for world coverage is easy and 100% accurate ?

You are talking about real world textures compared to local made 

Don't forget the fact Bing is owned by MS. 

Unless LR get a venture for streaming sat data to your PC we are good with what Ortho4xp can provide.

I agree with all this. That was my point 😂

Edited by Greazer

9 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I agree with all this. That was my point 😂

But you make sound like you are trying to initiate an argument again with that one member.  😁

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Trolls apart, I think it's interesting that 2 major sims are using 2 different approaches for scenery (as default, because either can use the other approach if the user decides so).

The landclass approach has its own weaknesses and its own strong points (possibly among them: higher performance, higher definition, dynamic scenery changes). It will be interesting.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

11 hours ago, Greazer said:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm making a flight sim not a google-earth viewer!

Okay, let me try to forget viewing earth from above is not part of flight 🙄

When a Dev gets into mudslinging about the competition, that's a clear sign that they are behind and can't let their product speak for itself.

Remember Austin once arrogantly said that he doesn't even look at the competition....seems like that has changed...

16 hours ago, mSparks said:

but, but, but, but.... how DARE he tell so many uncomfortable truths about  msfs, quick, call out the bots, people MUST NOT be allowed to say that msfs parking lots look like they were melted by WWIII, who does he think he is, the man knows nothing, just wait a bit, Asobo will be releasing an update real soon that makes the photo real scenery even more photo real and the 100% perfect flight model even more perfect.

When your teaser vid gets less than 100k views and very little play around the sim community, you then have to go into the comment section and stir up "buzz" yourself. Pathetic....

Ummm, lets spend more time delivering on those looooooooooong awaited simple and basic improvements, like clouds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlyBaby said:

When a Dev gets into mudslinging about the competition, that's a clear sign that they are behind and can't let their product speak for itself.

Infact, the docs inside the SDK of MSFS made multiple comparisons with XP flight model, evidently they felt they were behind compared to XP. They didn't close the gap at all, though.

• Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

A friend of a friend read on the internet about the first beta being released within a week 😁

38 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

When a Dev gets into mudslinging about the competition

35 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Infact, the docs inside the SDK of MSFS made multiple comparisons with XP flight model, evidently they felt they were behind compared to XP. They didn't close the gap at all, though.

Yeah that flight model thing is real subjective, the platform thread that you are in will tend to determine where the majority of opinions will land.

Do you know the difference between a comparison (your words) and mudslinging (my words)??? Try looking that up for clarification...

Austin mudslinging in the comment section for his own teaser video  that can't get more than 100k views is pathetic (and telling) considering that the competition has garnered more than 6M views for their first teaser video. Now...that view count...is a comparison...and how wide is that GAP???

Edited by FlyBaby
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Yeah that flight model thing is real subjective

No, there was nothing "subjective" about it, it was libellous, total nonsense that made them look like they could barely cobble together a kids game

RzmcUcJ.png

Meanwhile, X-planes flight model is used in continuous development to help create the next generation of aircraft, whereas Asobo haven't even managed to get a basic autopilot from 40 years ago working after nearly a decade of working on it. Perhaps that square nose has something to do with it.

Compare that with a 747 fuse/wing flight model Phillip Strydom put together in an evening yesterday:

fofBWIQ.png

the full one includes engine nacelles and pillars.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

19 hours ago, akita said:

Austin getting excited on YouTube is a new hobby of mine:

This thread finally got interesting. Thank you!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Also interesting that Asobo seemingly has not done their homework on X-Plane: "This means, for instance, that additional drag or pitch due to gears for instance cannot be accounted for in their model." 😂🙄🤭

Or, as Szun Tzu wrote:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Upvote 1

I'm tired of this nonsense I really am. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin.....I'm done with this cult. Deleting X-Plane now together with £1000's worth of planes and scenery.

Edited by jarmstro

17 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm tired of this nonsense I really am. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin. Austin.....I'm done with this cult. Deleting X-Plane now together with £1000's worth of planes and scenery.

This is a hard blow to us! X-Plane will not be the same for me now 😪

or, as people used to say when someone ragequit Eve Online: "Can I have your stuff?" 😄

Edited by Janov
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2