Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

REX Real Global airport textures

• Like 4

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Rex Global Take My Cash Textures or you can of course also hand it over to Captainsim triple 74777747 or Bredok FS98 737 MAX

Or you save it for Leonardo MD80 and Pmdg in Msfs!

Choices, choices…………

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Rex Global Take My Cash Textures or you can of course also hand it over to Captainsim triple 74777747 or Bredok FS98 737 MAX

Or you save it for Leonardo MD80 and Pmdg in Msfs!

Choices, choices…………

Wow @rob0203 

Anyways, for anyone willing to learn more of why it's not a 'cash grab' and just how much work went into this: https://rexsimulations.com/airporttextures.html

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

This looks very good, but the JustFlight link doesn't work for me and the REX page just says "Coming Soon" at the bottom.  Is this actually available?

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

2 minutes ago, rstough said:

JustFlight kind of jumped the gun there.  It will be available VERY soon.

Ah, got it.  

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

23 minutes ago, timest said:

Wow @rob0203 

Anyways, for anyone willing to learn more of why it's not a 'cash grab' and just how much work went into this: https://rexsimulations.com/airporttextures.html

In all fairness, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful when I say this... while I don't necessarily agree with every comment he made, I do understand the hesitation. WeatherForce was released with less than satisfactory reception from the community. I personally will keep an eye on the reviews, but I'm hesitant as well. I purchased WeatherForce and I'll be the first to admit I've only used it a handful of times in the last couple months. Again, I mean no disrespect, but trying to offer a view from the other side. Of course, I wish ya'll the best of luck with any endeavor. 

Edited by Keirtt
update
  • Like 3

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

14 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

WeatherForce was released with less than satisfactory reception from the community.

I have used REX textures for several years as well as a variety of weather engines.  In MSFS the issues in respect to weather engines I believe are very very much more challenging than textures.  Asobo has placed and kept in place a pretty restrictive, if not prohibitive set of gates in front of some aspects such as weather and avionics.  I may be proven wrong but I expect the REX effort on textures will bring immediate realism and life to MSFS airports.  Some texture and scenery objects mods have already arrived at TO and  none of them seem affected by barriers like those I mentioned in the early part of this post.

My keen interest is whether these REX textures will underly runway and parking markers in the many addon airport sceneries I have accumulated rather than overlying them.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 4

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I have used REX textures for several years as well as a variety of weather engines.  In MSFS the issues in respect to weather engines I believe are very very much more challenging than textures.  Asobo has placed and kept in place a pretty restrictive, if not prohibitive set of gates in front of some aspects such as weather and avionics.  I may be proven wrong but I expect the REX effort on textures will bring immediate realism and life to MSFS airports.  Some texture and scenery objects mods have already arrived at TO and  none of them seem affected by barriers like those I mentioned in the early part of this post.

That maybe and probably is totally accurate, but it doesn't change the opinion of folks who felt burned by it. Ask CaptainSim (Not comparing REX to CS - just an example.) There's nothing wrong with some hesitation and being an educated buyer. Too often people jump before they think.

Edited by Keirtt
fix
  • Like 1

Gaming rig

1 minute ago, Keirtt said:

That maybe and probably is totally accurate, but it doesn't change the opinion of folks who felt burned by it. Ask CaptainSim (Not comparing REX to CS - just an example.)

I understand that, but my personal experience here in the USA mid-Atlantic, Mid-East, and Mid-West was quite satisfactory.  I also have clearly seen that many others in various other world regions have had a much better experience than me with MSFS default weather.  In the regions I fly, GA at 20,000 and below, MSFS has been clearly inferior to REX WF on most, but not all occasions.

• Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

In what way (if any) is this different from the one that is already in the Marketplace, or is it just another companies version of textures?

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

I understand that, but my personal experience here in the USA mid-Atlantic, Mid-East, and Mid-West was quite satisfactory.  I also have clearly seen that many others in various other world regions have had a much better experience than me with MSFS default weather.  In the regions I fly, GA at 20,000 and below, MSFS has been clearly inferior to REX WF on most, but not all occasions.

Like I said, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just a skeptic. I'd also like to know the differences that @Moria15 asked about. Also, are there any side-by-side comparisons instead of just pictures of the new product? I'd love to see a comparison.

Gaming rig

I've always liked REX textures. The default textures do become boring after a while. I am interested.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Moria15 said:

In what way (if any) is this different from the one that is already in the Marketplace, or is it just another companies version of textures?

I still do 70% of my flying in FSX SE with plenty of addons.  I would never surrender the REX SF textures for that platform.  Not cloud textures and not scenery textures.

• Like 4

Frank Patton
ASUS