Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

5.2 what a mess

1 minute ago, shermank said:

Like most of you, I have had my ups and downs with v5.2. But, there are solutions. In my case a simple repair instead of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire sim program. 

I also learned the hard way that ENVSHADE is a conflict, because to the best of my knowledge, it has not yet been updated to 5.2. Once cleaning out everything  that program had done, and resetting AS to the update, as well as ASCA, things are pretty good again. BTW, while I have been supportive of EA, I currently am not using it because it does not work well with ASCA. But, when I do use it without ASCA, there is absolutely no fps hit. 

Sherm

You hit the nail on the head I have ENVSHADE and ENVTEX not installed anything yet till I know it`s updated, I am not from the I have XYZ working with just a few issues brigade. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Okay, let's stop all the negativity and work on trying to find a solution. Moaning achieves nothing. People have had their say and we know what they think of the product. Let's work with LM in trying to fix the problems.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For those who are having HTML/Panel stuttering issues disable:

• Vehicle Labels
  • Primary Info Text
  • Everything under "Air Traffic Control"
  • Cockpit Tooltips & User tips

It´s just a workaround to suffer less until LM will release a HF.

Marcus

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

• Vehicle Labels
  • Primary Info Text

Marcus

You could revert to the Scaleform menus and text, presumably... I did that in 5.1 for the Simconnect and ATC menus. I've already reverted the main menu in 5.2. The performance of the HTML5 menus is terrible; no idea what HTML rendering engine they are using but they're using it badly. There's nothing inherent in HTML that should make it a sub-optimal experience. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

1 minute ago, neilhewitt said:

You could revert to the Scaleform menus and text, presumably... I did that in 5.1 for the Simconnect and ATC menus. I've already reverted the main menu in 5.2. The performance of the HTML5 menus is terrible; no idea what HTML rendering engine they are using but they're using it badly. There's nothing inherent in HTML that should make it a sub-optimal experience. 

That's also a work around indeed. Thanks for sharing. Forgot to mention that one.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Is there a way to re-download 5.1 for anyone like me who didn't retain the installer? All I see in my account on the P3D website is the legacy client downloads, but not the other components.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

• Vehicle Labels
  • Primary Info Text

Marcus

Hopefully soon on this HF? The GSX menu is completely jacked up and the old 5.1 hack of changing the missionpanel.cfg to scaleform no longer works. GSX is now utterly useless.

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

There is a solution.  Roll back to 5.1.  I'm honestly considering doing it myself.  

I am considering doing the same. I don't see any significant performance gains and this excessive CPU usage is really making me concerned. The only bad part is that I declared victory when I successfully updated both client and content LOL! I will probably wait a few more days to see if there is a fix for the CPU usage issue. 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, krich said:

Is there a way to re-download 5.1 for anyone like me who didn't retain the installer? All I see in my account on the P3D website is the legacy client downloads, but not the other components.

Thanks!

If you click on the + sign against Legacy downloads it should show you individual msi files you can download.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you click on the + sign against Legacy downloads it should show you individual msi files you can download.

Thanks Ray - I am not sure why I can only see legacy client downloads, nothing for the other components other than 5.2

AIJr47L.png

• Like 1

@krich, yes, same here despite them being available for v4 and v3 for me.

Give it a day or so. Maybe they're having a maintenance period. No reason they shouldn't be available.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I gotta say, since 5.2 fresh install, I have NOT installed anything unless the developer states that it's compatible with 5.2... Just cause I want to keep this installation clean of any software that may potentially conflict. If the developer gives a clear on 5.2, I feel ok installing it. Otherwise, I am exercising patience. 😉 I find that this gives me the most stable sim, free of issues I may have otherwise. For instance, before I did a fresh install of 5.2, EZDok seemed SOMEWHAT OK, but some things were off like it not keeping zoom settings. I have not installed it on my fresh version until they say their stuff is good to go with 5.2 - and they haven't yet. 

Edited by BostonJeremy77
  • Upvote 1

Just my two cents here, given the rather inflammatary 'nothing works for me' title of the thread...

5.2 works for me just the same as 5.1 for the most part. Similar performance, no hangs on view switching, ATC window works as per usual... I'm sorry man, but to me it seems the problem is somewhere on your end...

Mind you, I uninstalled the whole shabang and then reinstalled, I didn't use the three separate component installations. Then, I went into Lorby's Addon managar and restored my configuration and verified my OrbX Global addons. Everything was up and running after that. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just now, Benjamin J said:

Just my two cents here, given the rather inflammatary 'nothing works for me' title of the thread...

5.2 works for me just the same as 5.1 for the most part. Similar performance, no hangs on view switching, ATC window works as per usual... I'm sorry man, but to me it seems the problem is somewhere on your end...

Do you have GSX, if so does the menu work consistently at arrival airport?

Eric 

Just now, B777ER said:

Do you have GSX, if so does the menu work consistently at arrival airport?

Haven't tried GSX yet. Barely have been able to fly at all unfortunately, save for switching between airports to test performance and such. Only thing I did that came remotely close to flying was fire up the 737NGXu and take off from RJTT, do a loop over Tokyo.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case