Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

5.2 what a mess

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

There is a solution.  Roll back to 5.1.  I'm honestly considering doing it myself.  

I’ve already done it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

The GSX menu is completely jacked up and the old 5.1 hack of changing the missionpanel.cfg to scaleform no longer works.

That's irritating. Perhaps there's a different way to do it. I'm still using the HTML5 menus (I've got a workaround for the 'keypress doesn't work when menu is undocked' problem) but they are noticeably laggy compared to Scaleform, notwithstanding the problems some people have had with freezing etc. I still haven't done an actual flight on 5.2, I've been re-configuring all my other add-ons and software post-nuking and rebuilding my main host PC and I keep coming across issues I have to fix before I can fly for real, so hopefully when I do there won't be HTML-related issues. The GSX menu, so far, is working for me, as is Pro-ATC/X. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Oh boy, I saw this thread title, and I can't relate what so ever. Yes there some periodic hangs here or there, but hardly a deal breaker. 

I did a quick flight from Flytampa KLAS to Orbx KSAN over TE So Cal in the NGX using IFR ATC planning with all sliders to the right at 4K max tex res in 4K with EA on and the experience was short of astounding and incredible. I don't know what LM reworked under the hood but my experience has never been better on this platform. 

Are there some hang ups here or there? Sure, but I was under the impression LM is aware and a hotfix is imminent. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Unlike the OP, after doing a full deletion and install, everything works fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 minute ago, pgde said:

Unlike the OP, after doing a full deletion and install, everything works fine.

Yes I did a clean out and full reinstall as well. I also use GSX and I haven't experienced any issue others have posted. Maybe its system specific.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I should add, I did notice when the Alt menu hangs, if I right click my mouse button, it un-hangs the Alt menu.

8 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Just about to complete a flight from VTBS to EGLL, been flying for almost 13 hours, switch to 'over the wing' view and the whole sim hangs...it's been non-responsive for nearly five minutes now (eventually came back to life).

Is this genuinely how we're expected to use the sim now...not change views? I notice that the longer I go without changing views, the longer the hang or freeze is when I eventually do.

Also, the ATC window appears but doesn't work at all. I can't select anything from it (even though I can see the selections available).

Are we expecting LM to fix this ASAP? Are there any other workarounds for the problems I'm having? I've decided to not use the sim in this state as it's not enjoyable at all, which is so frustrating considering the time and money I've invested in it.

EDIT: Oh, and now a crash to desktop 😞

I don't know if this will fix your issue but is worth trying.

We're actively working on a fix for these issues. Any additional information on ways to reproduce these issues is extremely helpful. If you are seeing issues with the context menu specifically you can force the system to use the old scale form menu by renaming the AppMenu.html file in the Prepar3D v5/HTML5 directory. This will force Preapr3D to fall back to using scaleform for the menu bar and context menu.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy

It's amazing how the "experts" or beta testers  here jump on somebody who's got an issue and try to dismiss the unfortunate problems instead to provide or try to help. Especially when all these problems are acknowledged by Rob McCarthy representing LM in their forum.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142614&start=30

Edited by killthespam
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

6 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people just take half baked unfinished work and dont complain about it

Since you quoted me... I would just like to say that I am tired of reading complaints...

This forum is set up for flightsimmers to help one another, not to tell each other how awful and devious the vendors are.  Your complaining is getting me to the point of wanting to add you to my "Ignore" list 🤔

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Just reading the recommendations in this thread alone on how to update the sim is no wonder people are having issues and then blaming the sim. Partial updates results in hybrid versions which will have negative side effects.

Simple and effective.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/192424-installing-a-p3d-v5-hotfix-or-update-correctly/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I think the thread title is very unfair but that being said why does LM release with all these glaring issues? Yet again we have to wait around for a hurried hot fix. 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

12 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

I think the thread title is very unfair but that being said why does LM release with all these glaring issues? Yet again we have to wait around for a hurried hot fix. 

What glaring issues? Stop with the accusations. It works fine for a large number of us, including me.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

3 minutes ago, pgde said:

What glaring issues?

Have you not read any of these forums?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just out of curiosity, since some people don't have problems and others do, perhaps it is related to the various Windows 10 versions. Perhaps those who are having problems can run MS's System Information and see if there are any commonalities in version number and problems. My version is Windows 10, Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043. Just an idea.

1 minute ago, rocketlaunch said:

Have you not read any of these forums?!

I think you need to read my posts. Not glaring to me.

7 minutes ago, pgde said:

I think you need to read my posts. Not glaring to me.

Sorry buddy too busy trying to sort out my P3D install.