Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Version 4.5 Looks Good

20 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Hats off to folks who can resist the temptation to run after the latest and greatest and be content with what they have. That’s a discipline of its own. May not help the economy much but hey, if you’re happy.

I do have to have the latest and greatest everything LOL.  I had a gen1 and now gen 2 Razr flip phone, flip my Porsche's every two years and my wife and I have 78 connected devices in the house between the two of us LOL!!!  So yes, I do plenty for the economy.  

I have 5.2 installed.  HOWEVER, I have also learned that being content is a wonderful thing and 4.5 delvers everything I need in terms of desired add-ons and performance without any of the headaches of a pre HF release.   5.1 never hit the mark with EA and ongoing DX hung errors which is why everyone was so excited for 5.2 which seems to have brought CPU, HTML issues and now people are waiting for a HF.  For me, 4.5 HF2 avoids ALL those issues and "potential" frustration and when you have such limited time to sim you just want it to work.  No errors, no crashes, no hangs, no tweaking, just load a flight, your favorite scenery, your favorite airliner add-on and go..... 

Granted there are some that can do that with 5.2 but there are also a lot of people waiting for a HF already.  Hence when it comes to FS I don't feel the need to be everyone else's Beat tester anymore 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

49 minutes ago, psolk said:

I do have to have the latest and greatest everything LOL.  I had a gen1 and now gen 2 Razr flip phone, flip my Porsche's every two years and my wife and I have 78 connected devices in the house between the two of us LOL!!!  So yes, I do plenty for the economy.  

I have 5.2 installed.  HOWEVER, I have also learned that being content is a wonderful thing and 4.5 delvers everything I need in terms of desired add-ons and performance without any of the headaches of a pre HF release.   5.1 never hit the mark with EA and ongoing DX hung errors which is why everyone was so excited for 5.2 which seems to have brought CPU, HTML issues and now people are waiting for a HF.  For me, 4.5 HF2 avoids ALL those issues and "potential" frustration and when you have such limited time to sim you just want it to work.  No errors, no crashes, no hangs, no tweaking, just load a flight, your favorite scenery, your favorite airliner add-on and go..... 

Granted there are some that can do that with 5.2 but there are also a lot of people waiting for a HF already.  Hence when it comes to FS I don't feel the need to be everyone else's Beat tester anymore 🙂  

Totally!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psolk said:

You don't want to test everyone else's "Beat" headphones?  😁

Edited by Afterburner
  • Like 1

Just now, Afterburner said:

You don't want to test everyone else's "Beat" headphones?  😁

Haha!  Good catch LOL...  More of a Bose Frames type of guy... 🙂  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, psolk said:

I agree with such limited time to sim and needing everything to work. That was something I appreciated about FSX-SE. It all works, at least within the hour to two hour time frame I get to fly in a week. Often in 30 minute bites. I believe 4.5 will do the same as I learn what works and doesn't work. It is different enough from FSX that a little study helps. But I like the way it looks. With UTX/FTX combo I have it looks like the Pennsylvania I know and live in. Only MSFS looks more like it but that is quite another story.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 6:24 AM, psolk said:

flip my Porsche's every two years and my wife

Good thing you kept going in that line...thought you needed the latest and greatest wife too!!   🤣

• Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Is there a list somewhere of add-ons working in 4.5 but not in 5.2?

Edited by dilore

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

4 hours ago, dilore said:

Most Milviz planes and the PMDG DC6 for now.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

All A2A Aircraft in 4 and 5.

All Carenado in 4 for sure. Some in 5 possibly with a tweak or two.

Flight1 B200 Black Hawk had version 5 Beta.

Flight1 Cessna Mustang version 5 Beta. Read they are fine

Flysimware Lear 35 and Falcon 50.

Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25

Many Just Flight GA Planes

Just filter for 5 and you get 4 also.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dilore said:

Pretty much every addon works, except for the iFly series of aircraft as well as Milviz's F-4E/J/S does not work. Some misc addons like VRS' TacPack also doesn't work with v5. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Most Milviz planes and the PMDG DC6 for now.

Sorry for the hijacking.

I've found that these are not listed as being compatible with V5, but maybe they work nevertheless?

• Aeroplane Heaven: Bulldog, C-119, He 111
  • Aerosoft: OV-10, PBY
  • Cerasim: Bell 212
  • Milviz: Beaver, PC-6, Corsair, MD530
  • JustFlight: Mosquito

Has anyone tested Manfred Jahn's C-47? 

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

4 hours ago, dilore said:

Sorry for the hijacking.

I've found that these are not listed as being compatible with V5, but maybe they work nevertheless?

• Aeroplane Heaven: Bulldog, C-119, He 111
  • Aerosoft: OV-10, PBY
  • Cerasim: Bell 212
  • Milviz: Beaver, PC-6, Corsair, MD530
  • JustFlight: Mosquito

Has anyone tested Manfred Jahn's C-47? 

MJC-47 does work well.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Anything with the current version of the Milviz weather radar in it will very likely have stability/CTD issues in v5.2 unless you either remove the gauge dll or edit/comment out the gauge reference(s) in the panel.cfg file(s).

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case