Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Four Season Pack V5.1

8 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

These are HDR photos. Real life does not look anywhere near as vivid as HDR so I don't believe you can compare if we want to have realistic colours.

I agree.  We live just outside DC and go in for the blossoms most years.  The live colors are beautiful, but that photo is clearly enhanced.  Despite that, this four seasons package is maturing quite nicely!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

21 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

These are HDR photos. Real life does not look anywhere near as vivid as HDR so I don't believe you can compare if we want to have realistic colours.

Also the number of trees with such blossoms at once is less in real life (i.e. limited to some parks and a few streets/gardens here and there), and thirdly, the number of days of full bloom are rather limited and does not last for weeks with all trees in exactly equal bloom at the exact same moment and same intensity. I would recommend a toned down version with a less strong non-HDR colour palette and less quantity.

Have you tried the Sim on an HDR display? Big difference.

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

Bijan, the only thing I am confused about is the fact that the marketing blurb says the seasons change when you fly from the northern hemisphere to the south, yet in the instructions you say ONLY install one seasons and change the folder manually if you want to change seasons. Can you please clarify? Sorry if this has been asked already. I just bought the pack.

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

12 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Bijan, the only thing I am confused about is the fact that the marketing blurb says the seasons change when you fly from the northern hemisphere to the south, yet in the instructions you say ONLY install one seasons and change the folder manually if you want to change seasons. Can you please clarify? Sorry if this has been asked already. I just bought the pack.

Each season has 3 parts:

1. Northern hemisphere
  2. Southern hemisphere
  3. Tropical areas.

If you install Spring N, Fall S.  It means it's spring in Northern hemisphere and fall in Southern hemisphere. So if you fly from north (spring) to south, you will see fall colors in south (without changing folder)

But if you want to see fall colors in north, then you would have to install Fall N. Spring S.

Every season in north has the opposite season in the south.

Tropical areas always are summer (green) in every season.

Hope that makes sense.

And thank you.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

@BijanStudio I love this add-on, not only for giving us seasons, but also for the greater variety and better quality of trees.

One small suggestion though. What about adding "bijan-" or "bijanstudio-" in front of the folder names? This isn't a big issue, especially when using the addon linker, but it seems to be common practice for MSFS addons, and makes it a lot easier to recognise the folders, especially as you keep adding new content to the season pack. 

• Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

9 minutes ago, pstrub said:

@BijanStudio I love this add-on, not only for giving us seasons, but also for the greater variety and better quality of trees.

One small suggestion though. What about adding "bijan-" or "bijanstudio-" in front of the folder names? This isn't a big issue, especially when using the addon linker, but it seems to be common practice for MSFS addons, and makes it a lot easier to recognise the folders, especially as you keep adding new content to the season pack. 

Thank you. Folder change can be done.

Many more trees are coming too:

Pinus Sylvestris (60 to 100 feet trees.)

Persian silk tree

Magnolia

Dragon blood tree (for Yemen)

Italian Cypress

yFk1skd.jpg

Posting the real photo before someone says trees are too tall:

scotch-pine-scots-pine-pinus-sylvestris-

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

This Scenery along with the JF Arrow are the two best payware addons for the sim so far, IMO.  Excellent work Bijan, and thank you for the continued improvements! 

54 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Have you tried the Sim on an HDR display? Big difference.

I don't have a HDR monitor (currently I sim on a 55 inch TV)

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

PLEASE,,, Non HDR photos are same. 

Let's agree to disagree:)

I would say the scenes where you have large swathes of land covered in purple or yellow don't look realistic. Maybe it's also a limitation of the simulator and I respect what you are trying to achieve. I still think it would look a bit better toned down is all. Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

EVERY element I placed on this mod is based on real life and a lot of research. 

Washington: Photo and compare to my video. EXACTLY Same

Washington-DC-cherry-blossoms-small.jpg

A lot of photos on the internet showcasing things like cherry blossoms or tulip fields are overblown with HDR.  The constructive criticisms here are correct.

In the air they often look more like this ... somewhat muted due to atmospheric effects.

2bc4613c-f6d7-4d72-9288-c1a6546798cf-Che

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

A lot of photos on the internet showcasing things like cherry blossoms or tulip fields are overblown with HDR.  The constructive criticisms here are correct.

In the air they often look more like this ... somewhat muted due to atmospheric effects.

2bc4613c-f6d7-4d72-9288-c1a6546798cf-Che

And that's exactly how i have it,

wV0QF06.png

https://imgur.com/wV0QF06.jpg

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:

18 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

Simmarket 22 euros.

Its not available

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

4 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

And that's exactly how i have it,

https://imgur.com/wV0QF06.jpg

You're correct, that does look about right.  I was seeing these obviously-HDR examples in this thread and skewing my memory of what I just watched.

That being said, there are some examples that seem "too strong".  The tulip fields can, of course, stand out like this in real life.  But I've never seen anything like this intensity of purple trees.

This is all nitpicking though ... it's not for me, but if it makes others happy, go for it!  It seems like a great product overall.

vEmy5Nw.jpg

• Like 3