Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Four Season Pack V5.1

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

I gave you an option to upgrade and pay the difference only.

That was very nice of you. That is not the point. If the MS Store is going to sell an add on which is stripped down or incomplete from the version that Simmarket is selling, they should disclose that when someone purchases it. I can't remember what I paid for it at this point at the Market place, but I seriously doubt if it was half what Simmarket is charging.  The Market Place needs to refine their business practices, in my opinion. They don't even provide and invoice when you purchase something. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That was very nice of you. That is not the point. If the MS Store is going to sell an add on which is stripped down or incomplete from the version that Simmarket is selling, they should disclose that when someone purchases it. I can't remember what I paid for it at this point at the Market place, but I seriously doubt if it was half what Simmarket is charging.  The Market Place needs to refine their business practices, in my opinion. They don't even provide and invoice when you purchase something. 

Agreed. The Marketplace version of this add-on is not good value given that the SimMarket version is more complete, gets updated more frequently and is cheaper as a whole. If all four seasons are released at the Marketplace at the current price point of $9.99 then for all four seasons you will end up paying a lot more. 

In regards to the invoice, I actually do receive an e-mail from the Microsoft Store for every Marketplace purchase. The downside is that the invoice only shows that you purchased "FlightSim Credits" but it doesn't specify what add-on you bought. 

3 hours ago, AirlinePilot83 said:

In regards to the invoice, I actually do receive an e-mail from the Microsoft Store for every Marketplace purchase. The downside is that the invoice only shows that you purchased "FlightSim Credits" but it doesn't specify what add-on you bought. 

Exactly, you can't tell what they sold you with that worthless invoice. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I thought I would put my understanding of these packages here as it may help those who are still a bit confused.  I have Steam MSFS 2020 and purchased this product (latest) from SimMarket.com (link below)

https://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ZINERTEK+-+ENHANCED+AIRPORT+GRAPHICS+VERSION+2.0+MSFS

I received the following sub-directories (folders listed below) within a zipped file.  You can then manually place 3D Models folder and ONE of the seasons folders in your COMMUNITY directory (depending on what season you want to see while in the sim).  It does not automatically place them for you as per the current month, this is a manual action by you.

Place this in the COMMUNITY directory

Seasons - 3D models - Bijan V1.1

This makes modifications to a selection of trees and adds additional new tree models. 

Manually place one of the following folders in the COMMUNITY directory.

Seasons - Fall N - Spring S - Bijan V5.06a folder
This represents Fall colors and visuals in the Northern Hemisphere
and Spring colors and visuals in the Southern Hemisphere

Seasons - Spring N - Fall S - Bijan_V5.06
This represents Spring colors and visuals in the Northern Hemisphere
and Fall colors and visuals in the Southern Hemisphere

Seasons - Summer Bijan V4.7
This represents Summer colors and visuals in both Hemispheres

Seasons - Summer N - Winter S - Bijan V5.06
This represents Summer colors and visuals in the Northern Hemisphere
and Winter colors and visuals in the Southern Hemisphere

Seasons - Winter Bijan V4.7
This represents Winter colors and visuals in both Hemispheres

Hope this helps

Edited by Mike S KPDX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Is Microsoft still planning on adding seasons?  Do you think the Bijan seasons are better than Microsoft will come up with?

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I thought I would put my understanding of these packages here as it may help those who are still a bit confused.

I'm even more confused. How does the Zinertek Enhanced Airports Graphics relate to the Bijan Seasons stuff?

Wouldn't it be easier if the Bijan Seasons automatically installed based on the date you selected rather than having to manually installing it all yourself?

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

7 minutes ago, Shug said:

I'm even more confused. How does the Zinertek Enhanced Airports Graphics relate to the Bijan Seasons stuff?

Wouldn't it be easier if the Bijan Seasons automatically installed based on the date you selected rather than having to manually installing it all yourself?

I think it was a mishap. He accidentally pasted the link pointing to another product (in this case, Zinertek's 'Enhanced Airport Graphics')

He meant to post this link:

https://secure.simmarket.com/bijan-habashi-4-season-pack_free-lod-for-msfs.phtml

2 hours ago, Todd2 said:

Is Microsoft still planning on adding seasons?  Do you think the Bijan seasons are better than Microsoft will come up with?

According to the latest development update seasons are still in the works and slated to come out next year. It will be interesting to see how Asobo implements seasons and they could be just as good or perhaps even better than Bijan's. Only time will tell but at the very least seasons will change natively within the sim in the northern/southern hemispheres without the user having to change them manually. 

3 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I received the following sub-directories (folders listed below) within a zipped file.  You can then manually place 3D Models folder and ONE of the seasons folders in your COMMUNITY directory (depending on what season you want to see while in the sim).  It does not automatically place them for you as per the current month, this is a manual action by you.

Place this in the COMMUNITY directory

Seasons - 3D models - Bijan V1.1

This makes modifications to a selection of trees and adds additional new tree models. 

Manually place one of the following folders in the COMMUNITY directory.

Seasons - Fall N - Spring S - Bijan V5.06a folder
This represents Fall colors and visuals in the Northern Hemisphere
and Spring colors and visuals in the Southern Hemisphere

Seasons - Spring N - Fall S - Bijan_V5.06
This represents Spring colors and visuals in the Northern Hemisphere
and Fall colors and visuals in the Southern Hemisphere

Seasons - Summer Bijan V4.7
This represents Summer colors and visuals in both Hemispheres

Seasons - Summer N - Winter S - Bijan V5.06
This represents Summer colors and visuals in the Northern Hemisphere
and Winter colors and visuals in the Southern Hemisphere

Seasons - Winter Bijan V4.7
This represents Winter colors and visuals in both Hemispheres

Hope this helps

Thanks, Mike, but it's kind of telling that even after 8 pages (and many more in other threads) folks are still confused about this addon.

• Like 1

What is so hard about it ? You put the folder containing the custom tree objects in Community to have them show up in the sim, AND ONE of the 4 seasons also into Community, then start the sim. 

With AddonLinker it s a piece of cake.

Personally I love flying with real weather with the real time of year, which means I will have to switch the seasons folders 4 times in a year.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Noooch said:

AND ONE of the 4 seasons also into Community, then start the sim. 

But it appears that when you buy the program from the MSFS Marketplace you only get 1 season. How do you get the 4 seasons from the Marketplace?

39 minutes ago, Noooch said:

which means I will have to switch the seasons folders 4 times in a year.

Wouldn't it be better that you never had to switch seasons yourself and the program did it for you? For example, if you're in Germany and it's July, then the summer season is automatically loaded? 

Hugh Costello - NZWN

This looks like a great addon.  Am tempted

50 minutes ago, Shug said:

Wouldn't it be better that you never had to switch seasons yourself and the program did it for you? For example, if you're in Germany and it's July, then the summer season is automatically loaded? 

Well, yes. But that's for Microsoft to implement.

1 hour ago, Shug said:

But it appears that when you buy the program from the MSFS Marketplace you only get 1 season. How do you get the 4 seasons from the Marketplace?

You don't, only one season from the Market Place. 

I might just download Vivaldi's Four Seasons and have done with it. Vivaldi died just a few months older than I am now, probably from confusion. I dare say I'm on a similar path....

Hugh Costello - NZWN