Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Traffic Program

Hi Guys,

Before I splash out on Just Flights Traffic X for Prepar3d v 5.2 can anybody tell me if VOX ATC uses their models etc..

Dave

4 hours ago, davenicoll said:

Hi Guys,

Before I splash out on Just Flights Traffic X for Prepar3d v 5.2 can anybody tell me if VOX ATC uses their models etc..

Dave

Why not use AIG (Alpha India Group) traffic addon? It's free.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Do yourself a huge favour and don't, just don't. Unless you really don't care about what you see AI wise in your sim. I figure you've put some time and money in setting it up to look good, don't take a few giant leaps backwards with this. AIG's freeware traffic is so much better in every way aside for taking longer to install, but it's so worth it.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi Guys,

Thank you...I have heard good things on AIG..

How do I go about installing it..checked the website not sure what I need.

Dave

7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

AIG's freeware traffic

are you sure ....... the better quality models aren't.

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, davenicoll said:

not sure what I need

try AIFP first ..... you'll learn all there's to know about "compiling" plans & aircraft.

for now, cheers

john martin

To answer your question, VoxATC will use any AI you have installed.  It simply reads the flight plan bgls and uses those to generate the traffic.

If you want to use the free AIG, install the AIG AIM program.  When you run it, it will show a list of available airlines.  Choose the ones you want, and it will automatically install the plans and the required models.  You can also use the "multiselect" feature and "one click installer" or OCI to install multiple airlines at once.  After you install new AI, be sure to run VoxATC's indexer so it picks up the new plans.  I always run P3D once to make sure the scenery is updated, then quit and run the indexer.

HTH,

sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

On 6/30/2021 at 3:43 AM, vadriver said:

are you sure ....... the better quality models aren't.

Meaning that the better quality models are payware? I own all of the payware AI models as well and don't think they are any better quality than the free models. But even the free models from AIG's AI Manager are much better than what TG delivers. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

8 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Meaning that the better quality models are payware? I own all of the payware AI models as well and don't think they are any better quality than the free models. But even the free models from AIG's AI Manager are much better than what TG delivers. 

I'd almost agree with you but I think the aversion to freeware models stems from the fact that many of the original models had limited polygons and awful textures. AIG fixed that by updating as many of them as they could get permission to do so. The payware FPSXAI models are still a bit better, but not that it's worth arguing about.

• Like 1