Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

On 4/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, ha5mvo said:

What do you mean by "injects traffic"?

FSHud reads schedules from the BGL, then handles the rest. The ability to use other schedule data is present, but not utilized in the first release (such as you working with traffic systems that do not utilize BGL data).

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

On 4/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, DChockey08 said:

Does this mean the application will allow the user to select which runways are in use for takeoff/landing?

You can select and configure the Departure/Arrival settings including SID/STAR/APPROACH/TRANSITION, Runway, and Parking before you start the flight and at times during the flight, accordingly.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

9 hours ago, Rudderduck said:

Don't know if this has been questioned before but is it possible to install FSHud on a networked pc?

Not in the initial release. The core engine is what is most critical and time consuming. This is something that may be looked at down the road.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

14 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

FSHud reads schedules from the BGL, then handles the rest. The ability to use other schedule data is present, but not utilized in the first release (such as you working with traffic systems that do not utilize BGL data).

AFAIK, AIG Traffic controller does not use .bgl traffic files anymore. I can't see how FSHud would then control AIG traffic?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

AFAIK, AIG Traffic controller does not use .bgl traffic files anymore. I can't see how FSHud would then control AIG traffic?

AIG has many routes still in BGL, but a growing proportion in AIGFP (edit: apparently not, you can go all-AIGFP now); from what @Steve Halpern is indicating I imagine the plan would be to add AIGFP capability into FSHud after the initial release, if possible. I'm sure @Kaiii3 will be able to help when the time comes. 

Edited by neilhewitt

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

if you want you can actual have already converted all BGL files to AIGFP, not sure when I have enabled AIGFP in AIM, but if a user has installed after that and enabled AIGFP he/she has no BGL files at all.

The C#-Library to read AIGFP files is over at the forum of AIG so 3rd party devs can implement support.

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

6 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

if a user has installed after that and enabled AIGFP he/she has no BGL files at all.

or alternatively as i understand, one can disable AIGFP & compile bgl's for use with ATC addons if required (in the short & or long term) ...... depends which ATC you will use most of the time.

for now, cheers

john martin

7 hours ago, vadriver said:

or alternatively as i understand, one can disable AIGFP & compile bgl's for use with ATC addons if required (in the short & or long term) ...... depends which ATC you will use most of the time.

correct, but not all flightplans can be "downgraded" from AIGFP to BGL

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Hi will it be possible to save a flight and go back to it later?

Will it be possible to go back to an old saved flight ?. This is not possible in PF3 which I am currently using.

Thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captcoop said:

Hi will it be possible to save a flight and go back to it later?

Will it be possible to go back to an old saved flight ?. This is not possible in PF3 which I am currently using.

Thanks

Important question. I'd like to know the answer too.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Important question. I'd like to know the answer too.

Amongst other things. 

I keep looking for that critical piece of functionality the other offerings (mainly PF3 and RC) don't have and thus far I'm still struggling to find parity with them let alone key differentiators...  Limited voice sets with the initial release, the questions around non .bgl traffic files the inability to run on a networked PC etc.  Don't get me wrong I'm ALL for breathing new life into P3D and ATC has long been a shortcoming but I haven't seen anything yet that has me jumping ship from what I've been using for years...  I am probably missing some critical functionality and differentiators though and mean no disrespect to the efforts involved with my comments.   

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 4/6/2022 at 8:15 PM, Steve Halpern said:

You can select and configure the Departure/Arrival settings including SID/STAR/APPROACH/TRANSITION, Runway, and Parking before you start the flight and at times during the flight, accordingly.

Ok please take my money now. 

this is game-changing. 

7 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

this is game-changing

yes, it would be if its own AI spawn / system (as distinct to the sim's spawn used beside most existing ATC's) will "mesh" with one's choice of runway etc ...... which might be downwind / crosswind & hence "conflict".

one assumes that the base option will be for dynamically assigned procedures which are using the same ones as AI. VoxATC is an example of an ATC with its own AI spawn / system which "meshes" well with one's own, when dynamically assigned (& you hear AI comms vectoring one to merge with AI).

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Time to go back to bgl files for several reasons 😉 Thinking of going old school with AI 😉

• Like 1

André