Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLuis

[14JUL21] New Update for the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS

Captains,

A few moments ago, we issued a new update for the PMDG DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This update, like the previous updates, is available to you via the PMDG Operations Center.

This update is focused on some improvements to performance and enhancements in usability based upon feedback from users now that the product is in such wide operation.

The Highlights:
- Automated Flight Engineer's audio now has his own volume channel tied to the Aircraft Miscellaneous slider
- A/C inverter logic and certain A/C powered instruments reworked/remodeled/corrected
- Improved hardware support
- Fit-and-finish items around the virtual cockpit
- Visual tidying of the cabin and exterior models

Change Log Items for this build:

0009963: [Suggested/Missing Features] AFE needs sound slider to increase volume (hvanrensburg)
0009967: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] RTM- Inverter and Generator Click Spots need position indicators (hvanrensburg)
0009970: [Suggested/Missing Features] Additional External Camera views (jbrown)
0009975: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Bendix King ADF timer won't switch to hours (hvanrensburg)
0010050: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] AFE Before Start flow does not close doors (hvanrensburg)
0010051: [External Model - Lighting] Landing Lights and wing light glass cover is solid white. (jbrown)
0010052: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Throttle speed movement with gamepad controller very slow (cbpowell)
0010053: [External Model - Geometry] Front cabin seats strange texture (jbrown)
0010054: [Unsure] Default view for Tablet view (control 0) is off center (jbrown)
0010059: [Documentation] Incorrect schematics of fuel system management in POH (hvanrensburg)
0010061: [External Model - Geometry] Cargo boxes in DC-6A main cargo deck appear/disappear on LOD1 (jbrown)
0010062: [Documentation] Tutorials 1 and 2 Tablet and other info needs to be updated (hvanrensburg)
0010063: [External Model - Geometry] Strange Ice Artifact around captain and FO window frame in VC view. (jbrown)
0010064: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Inverters and A/C electrical system are mis-modeled (with associated instrument power errors) (cbpowell)
0010068: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Battery overcharges without boundary (cbpowell)
0010070: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Click-spots randomly activating (hvanrensburg)
0010071: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Cowl flap selector doesn't line up with the numbers around the dial. (hvanrensburg)
0010072: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] AC Voltmeter tool tip should be "AC Voltmeter" not "AC Voltmeter Eng Inst" (hvanrensburg)
0010073: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] Add dynamic tool tips to Inverter switches "No. X/NORMAL", "OFF", "STBY" (hvanrensburg)
0010074: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Engine instruments should not be operational on emergency inverter (cbpowell)
0010075: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Emergency inverter does not obey its circuit breaker (cbpowell)
0010076: [Sounds] Emergency inverter sound does not cease if its CB is tripped (hvanrensburg)
0010077: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] F1-F4 keys are hard-bound to throttle movement and cannot be reassigned (cbpowell)
0010078: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Shutdown- Props still moving (hvanrensburg)

We have more changes that we are prepping to hand off to our testers, and we'll pass those along to you once they are tested. We are also beginning to map out unveiling our next release for MSFS...

Exciting times ahead!

Thank you for the overwhelming support of our DC-6. We really hope you are enjoying yourselves!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Thanks so much for the heads-up and the great attention to detail. This is my first PMDG product and I am thoroughly impressed and enjoying the living snot out of it!!!!

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

It's a great product

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Jeez PMDG never worded this fast on my FSX products 😏. Good stuff

My experience with this ac has made me a loyal PMDG customer. Such attention to detail. Really impressed. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

> F1-F4 keys are hard-bound to throttle movement and cannot be reassigned

Oh wow. Thank you for fixing this!!! It has been driving me bonkers trying to figure out how to force it to un-map F1 and F4.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

First PMDG for me as well, and will certianly be buying the others as released. Fantastic level of detail, and and on going support.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

11 hours ago, JLuis said:

We are also beginning to map out unveiling our next release for MSFS...

More excited about that part. More info about the 737, I guess.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

More excited about that part. More info about the 737, I guess.

Bring it!!! It's time...

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

OMG. I don't think my heart could take it if I manage to get both a great 737NGx and an great A320 in my hanger at the same time! 😎

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

37 minutes ago, CrazierChief said:

Improved hardware support, whats that, 

Improved support for things like joystick, rudder pedals. etc. etc. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.