Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Orbx skypark or air hauler 2? Looking for purpose

I prefer OnAir out of the ones I've tried, no interest in SkyPark as it lacks any form of economy, and not tried FSE.

AH2 is OK, but prefer management in OnAir. Neofly isn't bad, but again find OA suits me better.

For what it's worth I'd probably try out OA and NF as both can be at least tried out for nothing (well NF is free), possibly FSE as well and see what you prefer.... then consider a paid option if you're not happy....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thanks all, lots of great opinions here, I think I will give neofly a try first as it’s free, should it not be to my liking I will then make a decision on the next step whether it be AH or on air, I think the lack of “economy” in skypark kind of put that one aside. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Worth mentioning that a YouTuber by the name of Dad PirateSim has a lot of good content relating to NeoFly, for anyone curious about it:

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I hadn't heard of OnAir.  Just checked it out and it looks pretty good but its a bloody subscription model.  Meh.   Nearly 60 Euros a year!  No thanks.

Edited by The Moose

In which one of this addons is it easyest to use 3rd party aircraft. I own AH2, but to get the BB Islander or any other plane integrated is time consuming. I want to use 3rd party planes as easy as default planes.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

I hadn't heard of OnAir.  Just checked it out and it looks pretty good but its a bloody subscription model.  Meh.   Nearly 60 Euros a year!  No thanks.

Agreed, I don’t buy into subscription models, the only time I ever did was for navigraph (of which I currently don’t have). I like to just pay something outright and use it when I want, as much, or as little as I want without adding another monthly bill to my living expenses. 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, The Moose said:

For me there are two downsides to it, subscription and always online. That said in terms of managing an airline (which is what I do when I don't have time for a proper flight) I much prefer OA to the other options. 

Lots of pro's and con's with every option, just a case of finding what you can live with...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Thanks all, lots of great opinions here, I think I will give neofly a try first as it’s free, should it not be to my liking I will then make a decision on the next step whether it be AH or on air, I think the lack of “economy” in skypark kind of put that one aside. 

I bought Air Hauler and never used it, for another sim, also got a one year subscription to OnAir, which ends this month and not renewing. Tried NeoFly when it first came out, was fun but needed work, just redownloaded it and for FREE it is awesome to me. I am even gonna Donate the $20.00 at some point to get it all for a one time price. Not that I want the FBO options, but to support the developer in this case 🙂

Try them all and decide what fits you! Let us know how you like NeoFly when you try it?

Have fun!

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, kaha said:

I own AH2, but to get the BB Islander or any other plane integrated is time consuming.

Not really, if the Air file is not visible, you just load the plane up in the sim and when you're in the cockpit, it can then be imported to Air Hauler's list of aeroplanes. Thereafter it is in Air Hauler. Takes literally about five seconds, possibly ten if you wish to customise the statistics of the aeroplane. If the Air file is visible because the thing is in the community folder it's even quicker because you don't even have to have the flight sim running, you just point the import aircraft browser at the Air file.

How anyone could regard this procedure as anything even remotely close to time consuming, is beyond me. It actually takes me longer to close and lock a door on a real aeroplane than it does to import a custom aeroplane into Air Hauler. 

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sorry, maybe it's a VAT thing, but by my reckoning OA is about 35 Euros/year (unless you pay by the month, then it's of course more).  It's even cheaper if you jump in for two years, which I've now done.  I'm not a 100%-OA-can-do-no-wrong-word not allowed or anything, but I have enjoyed it, and the team seems to really be firing on all cylinders now rolling out new features, following a well-articulated roadmap that lays out many months of planned development work, so I've been able to mostly talk myself out of feeling more than just a little irritated that it's subscription.  Stuff specifically for bush pilots and routes supposedly coming in the next month or so, IIRC, which I'm particularly excited about.  Overall, good stuff, IMHO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JeffChrisope said:

Sorry, maybe it's a VAT thing, but by my reckoning OA is about 35 Euros/year 

Yup, my bad.  Just looked again and you're absolutely right.  The 60 Euros price was a 24 month sub.   Thanks for the correction!

Been enjoying Neofly for many months...great to travel around the world with a sense of purpose.

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

16 hours ago, in2tech said:

I bought Air Hauler and never used it, for another sim, also got a one year subscription to OnAir, which ends this month and not renewing. Tried NeoFly when it first came out, was fun but needed work, just redownloaded it and for FREE it is awesome to me. I am even gonna Donate the $20.00 at some point to get it all for a one time price. Not that I want the FBO options, but to support the developer in this case 🙂

Try them all and decide what fits you! Let us know how you like NeoFly when you try it?

Have fun!

Well I’ve tried neofly and looks like this fits perfectly with my needs, took me a bit to somewhat familiarize myself with the ui and still have a bit to learn, and although I still have a bit of playing around with it, looks like it’s exactly what I was trying to find. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

Been enjoying Neofly for many months...great to travel around the world with a sense of purpose.

Yep!  I'm working my way down the coast of Central America right now in a ratty old DC-6 freighter, hauling anything that pays - fruit, veggies, whiskey, caviar, televisions, whatever - as kind of an airborne tramp steamer plying it's way around the globe.  Good stuff!

VNYXO3I.png

• Like 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!