Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Milviz "moving towards MSFS in a big way"

Milviz just made this statement about their intentions with MSFS:

Unless, hopefully, LM gets their act together and releases something "equivalent" to MSFS.  If that happens, then we will see what's what.

For now, we are deffo moving towards MSFS in a big way...

Whilst I understand that this will upset some of you... there's really no choice in this.  Adapt or die.

Well, Milviz has finally come out with a clear statement about their intentions with MSFS.  It's a business decision after all, and the quote from Milviz was "Adapt or die."  I hope Milviz has many successful products with MSFS over the coming years and the best of luck to them.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 15

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Good.

LM 5.2 release is a joke for consumer users.

LM market is commercial and thats fine.

MSFS is the future for desktop PC simulation.

When major Devs start releasing high end aircraft that will be it for P3D. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

That is the only rational way forward for Milviz tbh. Look, I like P3D but there is no going back to P3D after MSFS. That is just undeniable.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

5 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

That is the only rational way forward for Milviz tbh. Look, I like P3D but there is no going back to P3D after MSFS. That is just undeniable.

Flying P3D after a few months of flying MSFS, is like being subject to water torture. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Until I can properly use a Garmin Trainer in MSFS.... P3D will not be gone from my system...

Lockheed also DOES NOT CARE about people purchasing this for their home sims to use for "FUN"...  It is a training tool and if you are using it for training then how things look is of no consequence....

• Like 3

Les O'Reilly

1 minute ago, LesOReilly said:

Until I can properly use a Garmin Trainer in MSFS.... P3D will not be gone from my system...

Lockheed also DOES NOT CARE about people purchasing this for their home sims to use for "FUN"...  It is a training tool and if you are using it for training then how things look is of no consequence....

Debatible. 

I use MSFS as a training tool. A hell of a lot more immersive when it looks and feels real.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just now, fakeflyer737 said:

Debatible. 

I use MSFS as a training tool. A hell of a lot more immersive when it looks and feels real.

Yeah, try and fly VFR using landmarks with P3D and see how well that goes. 

• Like 10

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Flying P3D after a few months of flying MSFS, is like being subject to water torture. 

This is off-topic, but I've done a couple of experiments with "in the middle of no-where" airports. MSFS looks just about payware and P3D is a brown rectangle in a "forest" consisting of two trees. Hilarious.

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

9 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

I’m going to say, as a consumer of MSFS, this is a big drawback that LM cannot communicate directly with the home market users of P3D.  I assume LM is under some type of contractual obligation when they inherited FSX, that they cannot enter the consumer home market space with P3D.

I like it that we as MSFS users can communicate directly with Asobo. There are the wish list items and bugs that are upvoted by us, and then Asobo will discuss upvoted items in the monthly Twitch Q&A, and even interact with Twitch chat during the Q&A.

LM doesn’t have this luxury.  For this reason, LM won’t be able to service the home market consumer nearly as well as Microsoft/Asobo (well, P3D is not really directly  intended for home market consumers).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Debatible. 

It is not debatable.  None of the Avionics are 1:1 to the real Garmin units.  The TDS Trainer (which I own) is lacking due to the API access required to be able to inject the control the Flight director as needed....  Like what RXP and F1 have to do with each release of P3D in updating what they do to control those elements...  So if I want to fly an LPV approach I have to use P3D otherwise I don't get my FD PFD....  That is a Fact... work is needed.

VFR flight ...  if it is VFR weather and you have the ORBX landclass stuff well the roads, rails and rivers all show up in the correct place..  I fly for fun in MSFS 90% of the time...  But no person can dismiss P3D as being done when a multibillion dollar company that makes Air Craft develops the platform for training ... not simmers...

• Like 2

Les O'Reilly

4 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

It is not debatable.  None of the Avionics are 1:1 to the real Garmin units.  The TDS Trainer (which I own) is lacking due to the API access required to be able to inject the control the Flight director as needed....  Like what RXP and F1 have to do with each release of P3D in updating what they do to control those elements...  So if I want to fly an LPV approach I have to use P3D otherwise I don't get my FD PFD....  That is a Fact... work is needed.

VFR flight ...  if it is VFR weather and you have the ORBX landclass stuff well the roads, rails and rivers all show up in the correct place..  I fly for fun in MSFS 90% of the time...  But no person can dismiss P3D as being done when a multibillion dollar company that makes Air Craft develops the platform for training ... not simmers... The profit LM makes from P3D is chump change. 

Yeah well, LM signed a contract when they took over P3D  that they would not sell it for "entertainment purposes". You have to have your head in the sand to believe that most of the P3D users are using it for training only to students. If MS wanted to, they could pull the plug on P3D tomorrow, limiting it to training only sales. . The money LM makes from P3D is chump change compared to their income. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 7

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I’m going to say, as a consumer of MSFS, this is a big drawback that LM cannot communicate directly with the home market users of P3D.  I assume LM is under some type of contractual obligation when they inherited FSX, that they cannot enter the consumer home market space with P3D.

I like it that we as MSFS users can communicate directly with Asobo. There are the wish list items and bugs that are upvoted by us, and then Asobo will discuss upvoted items in the monthly Twitch Q&A, and even interact with Twitch chat during the Q&A.

LM doesn’t have this luxury.  For this reason, LM won’t be able to service the home market consumer nearly as well as Microsoft/Asobo (well, P3D is not really directly  intended for home market consumers).

It is not an assumption...  That is a fact..  They acquired the ESP licenses for professional development tools and specifically state under the EULA that you are using that you can not purchase or run that software "For Entertainment" ...  The FSX side was sold off to Dovetail...  There was a history about PMDG and others all trying to band together to acquire it.  MS seem to have re-acquired it back...

Either way yes P3D does not care one bit about simulation users buying it...  They care about supporting their actual customers... who spend millions with them..

Flight sim history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X#Re-releases_and_sequels

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly