Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Are the Microsoft servers down again

I just completed a flight into KPWM and everything was fine, good frame rate and WX was right on with actual WX.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

59 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@Dillon

I’m just up the road from you, so please lmk if you do get logged in… Ta!

C

Got in and all ran fine.  Looks like you'll have to use the USA west coast servers which is still slow but not as slow as the east coast which will have you running into bandwidth problems in the sim.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Got in and all ran fine.  Looks like you'll have to use the USA west coast servers which is still slow but not as slow as the east coast which will have you running into bandwidth problems in the sim.

????
I am on the east coast and have never had an issue....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Seeing this topic makes me ask.

Is it possible to use MSFS without internet connection?

Is it possible to use MSFS without connection to a MSFS server?

Robin

42 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Seeing this topic makes me ask.

Is it possible to use MSFS without internet connection?

Is it possible to use MSFS without connection to a MSFS server?

No

and

No

Although we were told we could.  This doesn’t bold well for the future.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  Welcome to the world of the cloud, big tech (brother) in charge of our hobby.  This is a major reason why I hope our options get up to speed to compete.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

This is my only hesitation with going all in with MSFS, you're still dependent on MS to keep the severs up and running to do anything with it. LM could disappear tomorrow and I would still be able to use P3D. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

31 minutes ago, Dillon said:

No

and

No

Although we were told we could.  This doesn’t bold well for the future.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  Welcome to the world of the cloud, big tech (brother) in charge of our hobby.  This is a major reason why I hope our options get up to speed to compete.

Who would have thought this would happen? Fancy having something we paid good money for being at  the mercy/control of faceless and unseen entities that are tens of thousands of klms away and basically uncontactable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

No

and

No

I don't think we need to be worrying so much about study-level aircraft as we need to be worrying stuff like this.  I was suspect from the beginning about this problem. LOTS of data needing to be moved quickly,

Jeff 

• Upvote 3

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I can tell you this gave me a moment of pause… never considered the ramifications of being wholly cloud dependent- not reassuring…

• Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

People have been ringing the bells on this for a long time… Just wait till Microsoft abandons this like they did the first time. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Just wait till Microsoft abandons this like they did the first time.

More likely we will be affected by cyber attacks.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just tried a flight out of KSFO. I seem to have started FSX by mistake. Allegedly.

My net connection is fine, but no bandwidth is being used in flight. So I guess the servers are down for me. If I hit 'esc' and look at the top bar my gamer id (or whatever the stoopid thing is called) has a blank icon and if I select it I'm only given the 'AUTOMATIC [...]' option for the servers - I thought that was where we were supposed to be able to specify a server to try?

Can't see anything posted on the MSFS site about server problems, but then I always struggle to find anyhing on that site  - hate it.

Guess I'll have to go and find something else to do for a while.

If this is all part of the prep for the x-box launch it better all have been worth it. I suspect there will be a firestorm if they screw that up.

Edited by andy1252
spelling
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

23 minutes ago, fppilot said:

More likely we will be affected by cyber attacks.

Less concerned about that as knowing our whole hobby can be shut down instantly by one bad apple with allot of control at Microsoft (corporate decisions, management, internal company restructuring, etc).  Changing the game and not allowing us to use the sim offline is telling.  We need to still support Laminar, Lockheed, and any other competitor to give us options if this all blows up on us. 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Cleared rolling cache, quit, rebooted PC, restarted and all ok again. I feel like adding some "offensive initials" at this point.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.