Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest johnbartle

Sky Simulation MD 11

I am thinking about getting this one, has anyone tried it yet and what do you think?Thank's

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The installer does work and my FS installation is located on my D:. :-hmmm Maybe the FSX version isn't working (I forgot what forum I was on sorry)... :-shy

I installed both FS2004 and FSX versions all in one hit -- no problems.I just wish there was a manual though!!Ron

I'm waiting for the real one from PMDG...............I have grown fussy in my old age. ;-)

For those having troubles installing into FSX. They've updated the FAQ's page and uploaded a new installer. Installed into FSX fine..Larry

heres a million dollar question , how does it perform in FSX.i to would like to wait on pmdg, but is this one just as good, i dont believe i have heard of SKY simulations..............Robert

oh im here again , if there is no manual then i think i just answered my own question..Robert

>oh im here again , if there is no manual then i think i just>answered my own question.>>>.RobertThere is a manual. Here's a link that shows the path once you have it installed:http://www.skysimulations.com/index.php?fr...=MD11%20ManualsAnd no, this won't be as good as what PMDG delivers (eventually) but it isn't trying to be. It's trying to be a good simulation of a MD-11 but not a down-to-the-rivets kind of reproduction like PMDG will no doubt be.If you're looking for a FSX MD-11 to get you by until PMDG comes out with its release, this will fit the bill.

>check out their fake "review" by "Gene Davis">>http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...reviews_id=1964Fake! I remember writing it, so it can't be fake... Personally, I like this add-on and it is very nice compared to that of another MD11 package that currently sells for about the same price if not more. I bought it and i am very happy with it and thats it!The FSX version runs great, though the functioning Weather Radar is questionable.. Havent checked the site though.. Also, the installer worked fine for me... Both versions..I am not sure what the above poster was getting at but, If you think for any minute I was compensated for this, you are dead wrong! I bought the plane just because and you know what? I like it!!!!!Guess the other claims on Simmarket are fake too just because they aren't what you want them to be? Geesh, never ceases to amaze me!http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...roducts_id=2232

GeneI was thinking of buying the aircraft too, I was concerned about the posting that the plane nose dived when the Glide slope activated. Did you have that problem? Gary

I had this problem with the FS9 version, so I made the changes that were posted here to the Aircraft CFG and that seemed to help it.. As for the FSX version, I haven't had a lot of time to spend with it, but I did make those changes as well and ended up having to go back to the default; though I think it was my fault and not that of the edited cfg file..

Until PMDG's I prefer using a freeware which is actually free: Overland MD11 + Alain Capt panel (which btw, seeing this MD11 panel pics, makes me have no doubt Alain Capt's is much better)I can't believe people keep paying for freeware quality. No wonder why developers of real payware keep raising their prices if a lot of people pay money for things that can't kiss their toes.Read all the reviews. You would like to have a different opinion, in fact very different.Leo

I wholeheartedly second that Leo - and that comes from a guy who fell for this lite md-11.george

No VC in the Overland model, I don't believe. That may make no difference to some, but for others VCs are very important.

>Hello>There is a very nice VC in the Overland modelHmm, there is? Very well, I'm not familiar with it myself. But if you merge the Alain Capt 2D panel, you don't get the functionality of the 2D panel in the VC, do you?

I've bought and installed the Sky Simulation MD-11 and I like it very much. I made the changes to the cfg file to fix the handling of the ILS and I ride down the glideslope just fine. Once you learn your way around the panel ( its not a Boeing or Airbus panel after all) you'll find all the standard functionality that you are used to in other heavy iron birds. In my opinion its well worth the purchase price and better than trying to get FS9 freeware to work on FSX. I'm sure PMDG's future MD-11 release will put this one to shame but that's OK, this product isn't trying to be PMDG. Its a fun MD-11 and that's enough for me.

I too like the SkySim MD11. At least they made an effort to get us a decent bird early in 2007. No doubt that Airliner XP and PMDG will produce eyepopping and very good products. The problem from my point of view is that when is that gonna be? I suspect we won't see anything FSX ready in their fabulous styles till early fall 2007 at best. That's nearly 33% into a regular Microsoft cycle for MSFS. Then it takes another 4-6 months for any of the high end companies to send out one or two patches and satisfy everybody's aches and pains over the newer products, that puts the cycle about halfway. Who knows what MS is going to do next to screw around with developers for FS11. They told us or implied this go around that developers were on the inside so that FSX would reliably backplay FS9 craft. That was a total joke, was it not. Besides, no person is guaranteed a tomorrow, I'll take what's there today, thank you very much.Randy Jura, KPDX

I apologise for assuming it was fake, but it sounded so much like a self-indorsement by the developer.

Thanks.. I thought you were picking on me.. You know what happens when we assume and I think I am guilty of that, so I apologize to you as well..

Hello to all,Yesterday I bought the MD11, and it's very very eye candy...on the ground, but when it comes to takeoff, it feels like a "light-linner" instead of a heavy one, and the approach is to forguet about, so..I read the topic, and changed the .cfg file, as advised here, buy the way, thanck very much, now it seems to have a better approach, and not just falling from the sky, allthough I assume this bird needs a bit of work, and I do hope that Sky Simulation releases a patch, also, when landing the aircraft imediatly plunches with front gear in the ground and jumps, all the experience from 747-400 pmdg and level-d 767, or even ifdg MD11, are quite different in "behaviour", they need a lot more speed on final, and correctly set flaps at the manufacturer's speed will not make the aircraft to dive. Appart of this, it's a beauty, but it feels rather sad to have a nice painted aircraft, with all the wonderfull features but with this problem, let's hope that there will be a patch.My best regards to you allLuis Areal

I bought this but have not flown it yet. I saw the change to the .cfg file necessary for the glide slope, but for the life of me I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?ThanksJohn Bartle