Sign in to follow this  
hanhamreds

Another Xbox review - some FPS issues?

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

So we're finally getting wake modeling on the water from aircraft and ships I presume (5:01).  Nice surprise!

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

What is happening there on minute 7:03? Seriously, doing that with a Cessna 152/172?

• Upvote 1

Just now, 737_800 said:

What is happening there on minute 7:03? Seriously, doing that with a Cessna 152/172?

Get over it, it's on XBOX now.  Your going to see allot of insanity moving forward.  I just hope they don't dumb down the sim for these kinds of users. This crowd sadly might be the focus of development moving forward.  

FS2020 

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

Get over it, it's on XBOX now.  Your going to see allot of insanity moving forward.  I just hope they don't dumb down the sim for these kinds of users. This crowd sadly might be the focus of development moving forward.  

I always hear that term dumb it down. How exactly would they dumb down the sim? The sim could be as realistic as possible, people will still fly how they want to

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

The XBOX and the PC are exactly the same. They are just different rendering target. Can we move on from this fear mongering ? 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, devgrp said:

I always hear that term dumb it down. How exactly would they dumb down the sim? The sim could be as realistic as possible, people will still fly how they want to

Use your imagination, this is an XBOX release now.  Do you see this sim going more hardcore or the opposite?  Your own common since will answer your question.

• Like 1

FS2020 

which FPS issue?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, Dillon said:

Use your imagination, this is an XBOX release now.  Do you see this sim going more hardcore or the opposite?  Your own common since will answer your question.

Actually I cant use my imagination because I dont know exactly what that means. It seems a lot of people seem to think just because its on xbox its dumb downed or is it because some people cares too much how others want to fly their planes.

Asobo said this is a 10 year project WT is working on theG1000Nxi, A study level a320 and 737 is being built. Id say that looks hardcore to me

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Dillon said:

They are striving for more realism with every release.  In my world more realism=more hardcore.   There's only one direction this sim is moving and it's not towards a dumbed down version.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

LOL

It's an Xbox user what did you expect!  

Chris Camp

A very large percentage of people that will use this on Xbox will do so purely for sightseeing, the new AI pilot modes will let people do that easily. They just have to tell their plane where to go and it will do so smoothly while they look around in wonder with the drone cam.

There are others that will get into the tactile thrill of flying, and will do 'stupid stuff'. It's a simulator, it doesn't matter what they do with the software. If it bothers you enough you can turn off multiplayer or change server or something. From what I've heard from people looking forward to it seems the majority will just be trying to chill out and look around though.

I can think of no sensible reason why bringing the sim to consoles is in any way a bad thing. Quite the opposite. Also the majority of console users are mature, in the 25-34 age bracket, as if that should matter.

13 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

LOL

It's an Xbox user what did you expect!  

I am claiming about the flying technique. I am wondering why this is possible in the sim. I thought the aerodynamic models are quite accurate in the msfs. Though I am not a real pilot, but I always thought that flying a almost 90° pitch is something for military aircraft or special aircraft for stunts. According to my understanding the cessna should have stalled in that situation.

Edited by 737_800
  • Like 1