Sign in to follow this  
Guest heinzwerner

Every day we check for the update.

Hi all.I dont think I will be the only FSX user who checks the pages of Aces Insider page to look for news on the promised update for fsx on XP.Phill of Aces said he would keep us informed,Well phill we are well into the new year please can you let us know how things are going, bad news is better than no news.RegardsRex:-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Excatly right Rex, come on Microsoft give us some news on SP1 & DX10 patches

>Hi all.>I dont think I will be the only FSX user who checks the pages>of Aces Insider page to look for news on the promised update>for fsx on XP.>Phill of Aces said he would keep us informed,Well phill we are>well into the new year please can you let us know how things>are going, bad news is better than no news.>Regards>Rex:-beerchug If you look you will find the latest information. ;-)

Gents,Do a little Google searching and you shall find the answers to your questions. I'll give you a few hints, 'Naked MVP', 'Hal Bryan', actually that will get you all that you need. I would suggest bookmarking all the ACES teams blog sites, and check them also. It'll show them we are very keen to get more and more information.The answer to your questions are quite satisfactory in my opinion. Let us know what you find![hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation Fan

Hi Victor.Microsoft Aces gave us a site to check.It is called Microsoft flight Simulator FSinsider community were we give aces feedback.This is were I expect to find information about FSX.I look every day.But I will thank you for the very inforative reply you gave.RegardsRex.:-wink2

I think we have all taken it easy for long enough. I can't believe that it could be the end of '07 before DX10 path. I'll stop there as we've all hear it before. FSX has been out and broke for what.......4 months now. It's time to stop playing games with us and get on the ball. This is getting to the point of being unacceptable, as if it wasn't in the first day of release. And I don't want to hear how someone got it running at 15 tweaks. Should have had to do that in the first place. All we're asking for and should get is a patch for the current state of FSX and we should have to wait any onger for this.

The best thing to do is to uninstall FSX, put the DVD back in the box, put the box up on a shelf somewhere, and reinstall FS2004. I did this about two months ago. I am not an FSX hater. I will eventually move over to FSX probably towards the end of this year I would imagine. By just accepting this fact will make the frustration of waiting alot easier. Just act as if the release date for FSX isn't until October of this year, and if they get the DX10 patch out earlier, well that would be a nice surprise.Lets face it, Microsoft has a silly theory on when they release their flight simulator. It makes absolutely no sense. They release a flight simulator to run on next-generation equipment that isn't even out yet so the game has a long life-span into the future. Sounds nice, but MS releases a new Flight Simulator every three years. How stupid. There practice of releasing for next-generation hardware would be fine if they didn't release a new game but every 5 to 10 years maybe. It is laughable.Anyway, you need to adjust your purchase of MS Flight Simulator to compensate. When the new Flight Simulator comes out, plan on moving over in about a year or a little longer. All of the nice add-ons that really make up the Flight Simulator won't be out until then at the earliest anyway. Just stick with FS2004 for now.And don't, I repeat, DON'T, go out and upgrade your computer to run FSX today. I doubt FSX will be ready for DX10 for several more months, and hardware prices are going to fall by the time you really need to upgrade. You will save loads of money if you wait out upgrading until Microsoft gets everything ironed out with Vista, and FSX.

You mention this "FSX presentation at the nVidia 8800 launch". I must have missed that, has anyone seen this?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Hi PhilI have been looking in the wrong place everyday,I was checking the pages of MFS insider for the news from aces,But I was soon lead to the right place when I posted here.Thank you for your ResponceRegardsRex

I need performance, I could care less about the horrid snow effects right now. :(