Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah53six

Microsoft/Asobo proved they're pandering to console users

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Meanwhile, personally I'm feeling..... growing discomfort (bordering on embarrassment) at the seemingly insatiable entitlement within the community, that appears to be only grow every time they acquiesce to the latest in an apparently endless stream of demands.

I am a little puzzled.

Week after week you say that, my friend.   If you despise this community as you give all the appearance of, why do you still come ?  I find tiresome these critics of the Avsim community. When I don't like a place (a store, a restaurant, a bar, a club... or a forum) I don't go there to say how bad it is.  Far from me the idea to push you out, I always read your other posts with interest but this is a forum about flight simulation, not about your soul searching on how Avsim simmers should behave.  

A perspective in history. All the releases I saw here in about twenty years were the same, heated discussions and demands... and some tantrums. Nothing new. The only thing new is that we have an ignore function that I admit using profusely to keep reading only the good people. If you don't use it don't come and complain.

On Asobo's choice. We bought a product under certain specifications and qualities. The product evolves and it is good. But we indeed are entitled (yes entitled) to have a product still within the initial parameters of quality and not progressively nerfed. It was my money which paid for MFS, it was not a gift.

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 minutes ago, joec63 said:

That's not to say don't provide constructive critism but it's gotten over the top. 

There were even a few alpha testers who predicted MSFS would be DOA on arrival and Asobo was going to be fired. They were very adamant and told everyone else who thought differently that we were clueless word not allowed. 😂

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

10 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

All the releases I saw here in about twenty years were the same, heated discussions and demands... and some tantrums.

That's the entire point. The sim community has always had a toxic element to it no matter who the devs are. That is exactly why many of us don't take the dire claims of the sim being broken and Asobo lying seriously at all. Have seen these "insider" comments many times before of how the real "important" people now hate the sim in secret etc.

Edited by Slides
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I am a little puzzled.

Week after week you say that, my friend.   If you despise this community as you give all the appearance of, why do you still come ?  I find tiresome these critics of the Avsim community. When I don't like a place (a store, a restaurant, a bar, a club... or a forum) I don't go there to say how bad it is.  Far from me the idea to push you out, I always read your other posts with interest but this is a forum about flight simulation, not about your soul searching on how Avsim simmers should behave.  

Yet are not your repeated posts commenting about my remarks on behavior, itself a comment about how I should behave? 

In the meanwhile I don't despise anyting, I would have to be much more emotionally involved here for that to occur, and I most definitely and very deliberately am not.

In fact one of my main points of view is that some people seem to behave as if these toy airplanes are a life and death subject!

Perhaps I find that as tiresome as you find critics of the community.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

In fact one of my main points of view is that some people seem to behave as if these toy airplanes are a life and death subject!

Perhaps I find that as tiresome as you find critics of the community.

Just for a little humor, well technically it could be life or death. Let's say a payware developer needs money to pay for an expensive uncovered medical procedure, and the latest release ruins his revenue stream, dead. Hence, life or death.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 3

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

7 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Just for a little humor, well technically it could be life or death. Let's say a payware developer needs money to pay for an expensive uncovered medical procedure, and the latest release ruins his revenue stream, dead. Hence, life or death.

Is why I never take for granted living in a country with the NHS!

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

10 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

And that hypothetical situation would be fixed by posting on avsim?

If I were giving advice about a situation that serious and urgent, I'd say that if it were me, I would (hopefully) be pursuing avenues much more likely to be productive in achieving whatever goal I'm trying to achieve than posting here.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

And that hypothetical situation would be fixed by posting on avsim?

Probably not, but just in case your concerned, I'm not a payware developer 🙂

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

8 hours ago, Slides said:

It's really really embarrassing to see grown men act like their $60 to $120 to MS entitles them to everything and anything.

everything and anything is quite different than a stable quality product that was promoted at time of purchase this time last year.  I am pleased with the performance boost the latest update apparently achieved for many, while others are now reporting an unstable and even downgraded product.  I still have high hopes these will get solved eventually too.

• Like 2

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

9 hours ago, Slides said:

Azure cloud services and on going development is effectively free. That's MS's money.

But we were talking about coding of the level of detail, not cloud services. Assets are downloaded locally regardless of their presence in the FOV, otherwise pop-in would be extremely slow.

Their strategy on Bing maps service is a separate issue and when they explained how FS 2020 scenery worked, it was logical to think that the new MSFS would require a paid subscription.

Only time will tell if offering a service like that VS a one-time purchase actually works.

As for your "embarrassment" towards people criticizing the sim and asking Asobo to improve it, I don't know how to comment honestly. This is exactly the role that the community has to have; would you prefer a forum made only of screenshots on how fantastic MSFS looks and when an update is released the usual hundreds of posts like "downloading at 10 Mbps, 5% progress"?

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

51 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

But we were talking about coding of the level of detail, not cloud services

That's literally connected to each other. It's part of the service being provided. 

52 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

As for your "embarrassment" towards people criticizing the sim and asking Asobo to improve it, I don't know how to comment honestly. This is exactly the role that the community has to have; would you prefer a forum made only of screenshots on how fantastic MSFS looks and when an update is released the usual hundreds of posts like "downloading at 10 Mbps, 5% progress"?

No, there is a massive difference between criticism and some of the rants I'm seeing here and on the official forums. I also don't think this update is perfect but I have zero reason to accuse Asobo of ditching PC simmers for Xbox gamers. That is literally false based on what I am seeing. 

• Like 1