Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Bring back volumetric lighting!

36 minutes ago, Noel said:

So you honestly believe they are going to abandon the other half of the dual platform release? 

I really, REALLY hope they will take care of both platforms with equal effort. In another post I wrote that they may have to branch the code, and I hope they will do it if necessary. 

But even "knowing the platform you are running on" may be a solution. My only concern is: will they have enough resources for two programming teams? For the moment, I would be quite happy to have SU4 back.

We will see.

A.

(I edited the post because it wasn't very clear)

Edited by ADamiani

5 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

My only concern is: will they have enough resources for two programming teams? For the moment, I would be quite happy to have SU4 back.

We will see.

A.

Sure they do!  As you duly note they already had a very functional SU4 for Win10.  I'm sure they didn't flush it down the toilet.  In very large part the programming for both platforms is already very complete it's now down to fine tuning and integrating the two, and they liikely are well on their way to this ultimate goal with some other hurdles including the DX-12 implementation.

My first post over at MSFS Forum was just that:  roll us back to SU4!  That went over like a lead balloon to some of those folks there used to subpar graphics.  I think we are very safe to assume in very large part the platform they are more close to done w/ development for is indeed the Xbox platform.  It's now been slightly less than a year since release on Win 10, it's a 10yr project, and by far the platform w/ the most hardware to exploit for their magnum opus is indeed the Win 10 platform.  Then there's Win 11.   

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

Asobo has acknowledged the issue and logged it as a [BUG].

Wait, so you mean it possibly wasn't just another part of the vast, deliberate conspiracy to cripple the sim -- ahem, I mean, "dumb it down" -- for the XBox, vastly superior PC users be damned?

Well dang.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Wait, so you mean it possibly wasn't just another part of the vast, deliberate conspiracy to cripple the sim -- ahem, I mean, "dumb it down" -- for the XBox, vastly superior PC users be damned?

Well dang.

There is almost nobody who think this is a conspiracy to destroy the PC version of the simulator. 

It is possible the sim was "dumbed down" or simplified because they don't have the resources to run two fully different simulators at the same time. Making one main simulator that works almost similarly on different hardware makes sense. That doesn't mean the optimizations didn't result in a dumbed down version with a plethora of bugs. It's quite clear that Asobo has been squeezed between Microsoft who demand an Xbox version at this or that deadline, and a beta team on the PC side saying "wait a minute, we still have bugs here to solve". In fact we know that is the truth. 

The third option is sheer incompetence, but I don't believe that's the case. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

There is almost nobody who think this is a conspiracy to destroy the PC version of the simulator. 

It is possible the sim was "dumbed down" or simplified because they don't have the resources to run two fully different simulators at the same time. Making one main simulator that works almost similarly on different hardware makes sense. That doesn't mean the optimizations didn't result in a dumbed down version with a plethora of bugs. It's quite clear that Asobo has been squeezed between Microsoft who demand an Xbox version at this or that deadline, and a beta team on the PC side saying "wait a minute, we still have bugs here to solve". In fact we know that is the truth. 

The third option is sheer incompetence, but I don't believe that's the case. 

It's not that MS demands an Xbox version. That was the plan from day one when they commissioned this project. Speculation on my part but being in the business I can envision the Xbox release milestone was forecasted approximately a year after the PC release and to miss that date would have cost Asobo in finanacial bonuses. 

Also there are some on this board that have stated MS's goal was to use the PC enthuisiats as a beta team for the Xbox version. So conspiracies all around. 🙂

Semper Fi 

1 hour ago, joec63 said:

It's not that MS demands an Xbox version. That was the plan from day one when they commissioned this project. Speculation on my part but being in the business I can envision the Xbox release milestone was forecasted approximately a year after the PC release and to miss that date would have cost Asobo in finanacial bonuses. 

Also there are some on this board that have stated MS's goal was to use the PC enthuisiats as a beta team for the Xbox version. So conspiracies all around. 🙂

I know it was planned from day one. My point is the same as yours, Microsoft demands the Xbox version on a certain date, or it will be breach of contract and very expensive for Asobo. This put them in a somewhat resource limited and squeezed position. The only option was to run only one simulator with minor differences between Xbox S, X and PC. 

I don't think there was any conspiracy. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Well dang.

That what I was trying to explain since the beginning but "some" kept insisting turning off volumetric lights is some sort of dirty way from Asobo to get 0.0000001 fps in Xbox. I mean like, really? 😅

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

11 hours ago, styckx said:

Despite the full encyclopedia worth of evidence that says otherwise? 

Hope you don't frequent Vegas. 

It's the "for Xbox" I take issue with. I think its a dumb, tinfoil hat assertion based on nothing. We've had issues before. It's interesting that Asobo has listed some of these things as bugs, haha. Let's wait and see before we jump to conclusions.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.