Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

Nah, it looked better for him ( I mean, scotchedegg). And that´s great. Good for him. Period.

Iñigo Bildarratz

22 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

What? So what’s the standard driver and panel settings we should all use to evaluate if an update looks better for us or not?

What ever, dont make a statment that imply you did nothing and its a myth about it looking bad.

Then in another topic explain everything you did to make SU5 look good. 

😄

Glad your happy but dont say its a myth and then not explain all the steps you had to to get it to look right becasue you clearly did not think that at first, or you would not have done all that you listed  to help others.

And for you sarcastic comment above, if you set and calibrate you moniter right you should never have to touch it again. Its the first thing you should do with a new one. From day one with my G7 ive never had to change anything for any game or MSFS and any update till this one.

They how have said they messed up and HF the looks. Hence like you Ive had to change setting to get it to look right. So lets not now make out its anthing but a mistake from Asobo. Ifyour set up was right before, the first time you loaded SU5 you sure just what now Asobo say...

• Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance – Attempted improvements to the cloud appearance introduced an overexposure of the world. This will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix. We are planning on a brightness slider for an upcoming Sim Update to allow visual customization of your sim.

You will more than likly be undoing all your changed come the HF. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The only thing that will tell us conclusively is an A/B test in as similar a situation we can find. Start taking screenshots now folks. 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What ever, dont make a statment that imply you did nothing and its a myth about it looking bad.

What statement did I make that even sniffed at an implication I did nothing?

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So lets not now make out its a myth and all is fine with SU5 looks

I was very careful to say that SU5 looked better than ever FOR ME. 

If you’re going to get aggressive then do me the favour of reacting to what I wrote, not what your imagination tells you.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

22 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

What statement did I make that even sniffed at an implication I did nothing?

I was very careful to say that SU5 looked better than ever FOR ME. 

If you’re going to get aggressive then do me the favour of reacting to what I wrote, not what your imagination tells you.

Here you are again, if you repeat yourself countless time does it make it right.

Yes it looks right for you NOW<<<key word..............( am glad and I thought it was good you shared all the things you changed to make "Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance" (Asobo words not mine)  ...but it did not at first and if you keep all your changers then good look it looking better for you when its reversed.

Also I believer you know only to well that your need to set/calibrate you montor right and then leave well alone , but here its not quite suiting your agender "So what’s the standard driver and panel settings we should all use to evaluate"😄

Aggressive? lol, nope, just showing the full picture.

Report me....if you feel am being "Aggressive" Sorry am just simply pointing out you in your very own words changed lots of thing to stop SU5 "Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance" and to get to a place your happy with. Am glad you did fine after all that, a good look.

Did I imagine this.....

I thought so at first but then found out most of the visual degradations were recoverable:

• Object LOD can be increased in the cfg.
  • Colorgradation can be disabled in the cfg.
  • Monitor / Nvidia settings can be tweaked further for colours (simply setting my panel to ‘gaming’ mode made a huge difference)
  • Reverting Nvidia driver to 466.77 virtually eliminated problems with the AA, cloud pixelation, and artefacting."
Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Did I imagine this.....

Ok, I’m gonna ask this just one more time as clearly as I can.

Where…did…I…say…or…imply…I…never…made…any…changes….?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Let me mention that I made zero changes to my settings beyond setting it all to ultra. I don't love some of the banding in the clouds but it's a pretty minor issue for me.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

13 minutes ago, Slides said:

Let me mention that I made zero changes to my settings beyond setting it all to ultra. I don't love some of the banding in the clouds but it's a pretty minor issue for me.

The issues aren't too bad all the time, but certain flights come out worse than others. I've seen rainbows pop up in a quadratic pattern across snow with clouds that looked like elmer's glue. Fly in an area with live weather that is experiencing a lot of strong popcorn thunderstorms. It can look anywhere from "pretty good" to "rainbow brite story telling time".

rainbow-in-the-clouds-rainbow-brite-1030

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

20 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Ok, I’m gonna ask this just one more time as clearly as I can.

Where…did…I…say…or…imply…I…never…made…any…changes….?

LOL, 😄😄😄 it's more what you dont say, your very selective when it comes to suiting your current agenders.

that SU5 looked better than ever.

It does for me. It’s not a myth just because you don’t believe it.

You just "forget" to explain how. Implying all was fine...in your normal flipent way.

14 minutes ago, Slides said:

Great, truely happy for you, you might have to change setting to get it back to how you like when they revert it back come the Hot fix. If you like the looks now. You might have to do as you say take some screenshots of how you like it and then when they revert the "Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance" you will need to changed to suit your screen. The screen shot looks nice but I find under clouds it does look  alot better than few clouds.

I did things also to make it look "good" in its current broken forum. But how good something looks is a mind field of taste and what someone see's on there screen to your.

Flight-Simulator-v6-RF4towo-L.png

Also adding to what you say I notice sky banding in this SU5, hopefully that will go away come HF, I even set to 10bt from 8bt but did not change much. But if you really like what you have now and thats great for you. You will probely need to work your setting a lot because it seems we will go back to SU4 looks after the HF.

Edited by Nyxx

7 minutes ago, Slides said:

Experience the same. The higher cloud level - I hope get fixed in future. The layer below the aircraft - in this case - something is wrong - looks like "dirty clouds" , it should look like the clouds further ahead.

Patience is a virtue ... 

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

LOL, 😄😄😄 it more what you dont say

I have a feeling I’m not the first person to tell you this, but what you perceive is VERY different from what was said.

Anyway, fun though it’s been, don’t think I can take much more of “Nyxx goes off on one about things people haven’t said”.

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

I have a feeling I’m not the first person to tell you this, but what you perceive is VERY different from what was said.

Anyway, fun though it’s been, don’t think I can take much more of “Nyxx goes off on one about things people haven’t said”.

😄 your a star....a true star.

8 hours ago, Slides said:

All of the graphics issues so far identified have been minor as expected. 

You just don't get it.  The graphics issues were minor TO YOU ON YOUR SYSTEM.  I saw images posted that looked a hell of a lot better than what I was seeing on my system.

The graphical issues were not minor for me and many others.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Then in another topic explain everything you did to make SU5 look good. 

😄

Glad your happy but dont say its a myth and then not explain all the steps you had to to get it to look right becasue you clearly did not think that at first, or you would not have done all that you listed  to help others.

And for you sarcastic comment above, if you set and calibrate you moniter right you should never have to touch it again. Its the first thing you should do with a new one. From day one with my G7 ive never had to change anything for any game or MSFS and any update till this one.

They how have said they messed up and HF the looks. Hence like you Ive had to change setting to get it to look right. So lets not now make out its anthing but a mistake from Asobo. Ifyour set up was right before, the first time you loaded SU5 you sure just what now Asobo say...

• Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance – Attempted improvements to the cloud appearance introduced an overexposure of the world. This will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix. We are planning on a brightness slider for an upcoming Sim Update to allow visual customization of your sim.

You will more than likly be undoing all your changed come the HF. 

Yes, another poster saying " It's perfect now" meanwhile the company that made and released  the software is saying, "it has many problems now, but we will fix it".  Who do you believe. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, another poster saying " It's perfect now"

*sigh*. Ok Bob. Who said “it’s perfect now”?

• Like 1