Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 5th, 2021 - Development Update

2 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

Little known fact - Did you know that David Suchet (the best Poirot actor) clasped a coin between his buttock cheeks to perfect Poirot's 'rapid, mincing gait'?

I did not know that. I love Poirot and Suchet is THE Poirot. That coin-thing however... :biggrin:

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

7 hours ago, March Hare said:

What makes them think they/some of them aren't working over the weekend anyway?

Very good point!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Do you have a link to it? I did not know that this has been already discussed in the forums and would affecting other people too.

It's in the Resolved Bugs section: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/intermittent-performance-spikes-high-time-in-manipulators/368197

However it seems there were a few posts made in June, while the previous ones stopped in March. Of those, only two confirmed that they were experiencing Manipulators stutters though, and not any of the other types (many users have been posting in the wrong threads when it comes to stutters lately). It seems that any leftover cases are extremely rare now. It might be worth opening a new bug report with more details to see if others still experience this too.

On 8/6/2021 at 5:10 PM, Espana Pete said:

Little known fact - Did you know that David Suchet (the best Poirot actor) clasped a coin between his buttock cheeks to perfect Poirot's 'rapid, mincing gait'? A trick he says he borrowed from Laurence Olivier.

Rather better known fact - SU5 update aint appening today by the looks of it.

Another Poirot Fact: They filmed at EGKA (Shoreham/Brighton Airport) using the Terminal building and outside.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

23 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Another Poirot Fact: They filmed at EGKA (Shoreham/Brighton Airport) using the Terminal building and outside.

I expect you have already downloaded the freeware version of this which is a fantastic piece of art?

If not you should as it still looks the same as in the film: Brighton City Airport Shoreham EGKA » Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

55 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

I expect you have already downloaded the freeware version of this which is a fantastic piece of art?

If not you should as it still looks the same as in the film: Brighton City Airport Shoreham EGKA » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Yeah and got the iniBuilds version (my local airport)

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

It is almost one year since MSFS 2020 was released and I still don't see more models being added to this simulator. I am not sure if previous versions took longer to get models like all versions of Boeing aircraft (737-200 to 777-300) I believe there were so many to choose from. I understand MSFS 2020 is a completely different type of game. But some 3rd party modelers offered us great models like the Boeing 747-400 and recently I saw the A350-900 and A330-900 NEO, but they had to be scrapped with recent updates. Does Asobo test these models which 3rd party developers work so hard to make them available to us? I wish they would. I paid the for the Premium De Luxe version, but never got the 787. It is so hard to get someone to help that I gave up trying. Thanks for hearing my rant.

3 hours ago, Hernan1 said:

Does Asobo test these models which 3rd party developers work so hard to make them available to us? I wish they would. I paid the for the Premium De Luxe version, but never got the 787. It is so hard to get someone to help that I gave up trying. Thanks for hearing my rant.

The 787 included in the premium deluxe edition isn't a third-party add-on, it's Asobo's own model. Have you found it in the content manager and ensured it's downloaded and installed?

There is a help article about missing content here, too:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015946980-Missing-Deluxe-or-Deluxe-Premium-DLC-content-Microsoft-Store-

Regarding third-party add-ons, Asobo aren't responsible for testing them. I think that would be a big liability issue.

The SDK is not ready, and the design process is completely different from the FSX way.

So a lot of developers are not jumping on yet.

Not every design team is a complete group of profesionals.

Many do it as an extended hobby, in which they invest a lot of time, to create content they are passionate about.

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

30 minutes ago, robcap said:

That's not exactly what I observe on the market.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, robcap said:

The SDK is not ready, and the design process is completely different from the FSX way.

Not every design team is a complete group of profesionals.

Many do it as an extended hobby, in which they invest a lot of time, to create content they are passionate about.

We see the exact contrary, a frantic race to release products, payware and freeware. In 40 years of simming, I haven’t seen that. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes, I see that on flightsim.to. And absolutely some great additions, especially in scenery. But I can assure you, to develop an airplane, is a whole different ballgame.

And I thought that was the initial question, I was replying to.

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

On 8/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, robcap said:

Yes, I see that on flightsim.to. And absolutely some great additions, especially in scenery. But I can assure you, to develop an airplane, is a whole different ballgame.

I know, I doodled a few sceneries before in MFS predecessors but was utterly unable to make an aircraft 😁. But when you look back a year, a short period of time for a new platform, the production of simcraft has been less massive than sceneries but rather impressive all the same, including with the DC-6, CRJ and also with a lot of new comers... in spite of a WIP SDK.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 8/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, robcap said:

to develop an airplane, is a whole different ballgame.

It takes a lot longer to develop an aircraft, that explains why so few came up as of today (essentially GA), but many complex are on the way and some will be there before the end of the year, that remains extremely fast for a totally new sim, this is not another iteration of P3D!!! 

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2,