Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Can't access AVSIM from my other computer

Not sure what happened, but when I tried to refresh it now says something about not being secure and this site can steal my information and gives gives me an option to continue (unsafe). Never had anything like this happened before. I am using Microsoft Edge browser. But it takes me here every time I try to access www.avsim.com/forums

unknown-1.png

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

had the same thing all morning, resolved now somehow...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

So it's not only me then, strange. Did you do anything in particular to fix it, or did the problem fix itself?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So it's not only me then, strange. Did you do anything in particular to fix it, or did the problem fix itself?

Just fixed itself...  Don't know if it was a cert or DNS issue.  Weird

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Okay thanks guys. Had me worried for a moment there. I thought I got hacked or something.

Happened to me to in Firefox. Copy and pasted URL and tried Edge and it was ok. Copied and pasted back to Firefox and oddly then OK. (weird)

It looked like their website got hacked. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Definitely hasn't been hacked.

Well why did it go to a site that looked like the photo at the top of this thread? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Well why did it go to a site that looked like the photo at the top of this thread? 

Because a domain name expired. If you look at the top right it says "Renew domain" and Avsim's domain registrar is Network Solutions. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Interesting that I couldnt access the site using firefox but I was able to using google and I still cant access the site using firefox

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

same problem when trying to access Avsim this morning, deleted browsing history and was able once again to enter Avsim.

Been out for the last 2 hours. 

3 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Because a domain name expired. If you look at the top right it says "Renew domain" and Avsim's domain registrar is Network Solutions. 

Someone posted on the FS Forum that the domain doesn't expire until 2022.