Sign in to follow this  
Ronaldo1978

Avsim down in parts of the world?

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

It went down for me this afternoon, I can now access it on my PC but still cannot on my iPad/iPhone.  Is there something I need to do on those apple devices or is it just a matter of patience?

It came back to my Windows and iOS14 devices at the same time. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yeserday it was down....today is working all ok. What went on? 

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

7 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Working on phone but not PC for me

All good on phone for me checked myself yesterday was a random marketing website.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

15 mins ago it wasn’t available on my Safari iPad but now it is. Strange. Even moderators are affected. No privileges for us! 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On Chrome or Edge I cannot access web site right now.  Not loading a different page, just not loading anything at all.  Tried with Firefox and no problem with it.  Similar to late yesterday. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Went to Avsim.com via Chrome yesterday AM - about 9:00 EDT - and this new company  appeared with the exact same name - "Avsim.com" - having nothing to do with flight simming - seemed to be an educational endeavor?  Then a few hours later was  finally able to get the good old Avsim site!

50 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

15 mins ago it wasn’t available on my Safari iPad but now it is. Strange. Even moderators are affected. No privileges for us! 😁

It wouldn't surprise me if different devices cache DNS locally, and have different expirations.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I have been talking to some of our members who still can't access the site.  They are using the SOH site for now.  Dose anyone have any recommendations, beside flushing the DNS cache on their computers?  I have suggested rebooting their internet routers, but they seem to balk at that idea.  Their response is "Oh, we can access every other site, but AVSIM!"

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

@charliearon, I just restarted my iPad and that seemed to help. Turn off and on fixes 99.9% of computer problems. 😁

I never touched my router. Drastic!

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The site was down for me since 0812 yesterday morning, and was still unavailable as of 2039 last night.

Obviously it came alive sometime while I was sleeping. I was able to get here at 0832 this morning.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

I have been talking to some of our members who still can't access the site.  They are using the SOH site for now.  Dose anyone have any recommendations, beside flushing the DNS cache on their computers?  I have suggested rebooting their internet routers, but they seem to balk at that idea.  Their response is "Oh, we can access every other site, but AVSIM!"

Why on Earth do they have an issue with rebooting their routers? What do they think it will do, cause a catastrophic meltdown? Weird people. 

Oh god no, I had to turn off at the main electrickery hole in the wall and now it's caused aliens to invade and my PC to be rendered a steaming pile of molten metal on the floor. And the cat has turned into that monster from "The Thing".

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Why on Earth do they have an issue with rebooting their routers? What do they think it will do, cause a catastrophic meltdown? Weird people. 

You'd be surprised at the number of cheap ISP-provided routers that do heavens knows what with a loss of power.

It's also interested to see just what a train wreck most people's DNS configuration is.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

You'd be surprised at the number of cheap ISP-provided routers that do heavens knows what with a loss of power.

It's also interested to see just what a train wreck most people's DNS configuration is.

Cheers!

What the heck do these people do in a power failure, then?  When the power comes back on, their routers reset and you're off and running!  I have had several problems erupt and a simple power reboot of my router/modem fixed it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Good news for the folks who were having the login problem.  I guess that it just took a long time for the dns servers in their locale to adjust.

Charlie Aron