Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

P3D purchasers of PMDG 737 may get it for free in MSFS?

So the PMDG 737 for MSFS is about to go into beta testing and after it goes into beta testing, it probably won't be too much longer until it is released.  So people have been speculating that on release, whether the PMDG 737 would be priced lower than $100.  Randazzo said in 2019, that the price of the 737 in MSFS would be $139.99 USD.  More interestingly though, he said people that purchased the NGXu in P3D would get a "full credit" on the MSFS 737:

... ... With the impending arrival of MSFS, we know that some users would hesitate to make the investment to enjoy our work in the Prepar3D v4 environment because they are expecting to transition to MSFS upon it's release.

As a gesture of thanks to our customers that purchase NGXu, we are giving you full credit for your purchase price against the purchase of NG3 in MSFS when that product releases. We thought this would be a nice way to make the transition as painless as possible for you.

We anticipate NG3 going to market at around $139.99. NGXu is priced at $99.99. If you purchase NGXu, you will only be charged $40 at that time, while new customers to NG3 will pay the full $139.99.

The way I read that quote above from Randazzo, since people purchased the NGXu on P3D for $99.99, "full credit" in the context of these several sentences means the "full credit" is $99.99, which means they get $99.99 off the purchase price of the 737 for MSFS.  This means if the 737 for MSFS is priced lower than $99.99 in MSFS, people that purchased the NGXu for P3D should get the 737 in MSFS for free.  

I'm not a lawyer, but I think with the wording Randzzo used on "full credit," a case could even be made that if the 737 for MSFS is lower than $100, not only should the P3D purchasers of the NGXu get the MSFS 737 for free, but they should also receive a credit on the difference between $99.99 and the actual price of the 737 for MSFS.  For example, if the 737 is priced at $80 USD in MSFS,  P3D purchasers of the NGXu should get the MSFS 737 for free and a $20 credit towards future PMDG purchases.  

Of course, all these problems go away if PMDG prices the 737 above $100 in MSFS.  But if the 737 in MSFS is priced under $100, then I can see a lot of chaos ensuing if PMDG still charges P3D purchasers of the NGXu some amount to purchase it in MSFS.

I would think it's smarter to just say, P3D purchasers of the NGXu will get a discount on the MSFS 737 - maybe even specify something like a 40% discount off the MSFS purchase price or whatever.  I really, really, want to give Randazzo the benefit of doubt here. Maybe he didn't mean what he typed, and PMDG will clarify it when they release the 737 for MSFS. 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

20 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

The DC-6 wasn't free for P3D users - so why would the NGX be?

They would lose 80% of their sales if they gave it away like that.

Oh yeah, I agree with you.  Assuming the PMDG 737 is under $100 for MSFS, it would be really weird if PMDG didn't make some money for P3D purchasers of the NGXu.  Those are the most fervent customers that really want the PMDG 737 for MSFS.  But at the same time, if the PMDG 737 is under $100 for MSFS, I don't see how PMDG can reconcile their original statement above by Randazzo.  I don't see much wiggle room in that quote from Randazzo.

If the PMDG is over $100 for MSFS, then all the problems from Randazzo's quote are kind of solved.  But then you have a really expensive add-on if it's over $100 USD, especially when no other add-on in the MSFS marketplace, or any other aircraft for MSFS, is over $100 USD at the moment.  Heck, the next most expensive plane for MSFS is the PMDG DC-6 at $55 and the Aerosoft CRJ at $50 USD (at today's exchange rate), which would make the PMDG 737 really, really, expensive (it's doubtful that even the Fenix A320 will be over $100 USD).

Edited by abrams_tank

19 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Because that what they said early buyers of the NGXu would get. The purchase price of P3D version will be deducted from the price of the MSFS version if you bought the NGXu within the first 4 weeks after release. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Your not crasping this at all.

I will try my best to enlighten you.

If you bought the NGu for P3D you get a credit for $99.99. Following so far? ( thats what we paid for the NGu the "u" BTW is for upgrade)

If PMDG charge what they said back then people like myself would only pay $39,99.

Since PMDG back then did not know how the market would be in MSFS they could not forsee back then that pricers so far are not at P3D level.

So PMDG have the option to "only" charge $99.99 meaning if people like me who bought the NGu for P3D would get it for FREE. Free in the context we enjoyed in for months and still could be if we have P3D installed, so for the people who could of had well over a year out of it, could well think with nothing more to pay, for MSFS its FREE.

Lastly on topic the only other option is charge $80 and then give a credit of $20 to NGu buyers. But IMO thats a can of worms.

So my best bet is they charge $99.99 and say...hey guys with the NGu..you have nothing to pay.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Lastly on topic the only other option is charge $80 and then give a credit of $20 to NGu buyers. But IMO thats a can of worms.

So my best bet is they charge $99.99 and say...hey guys with the NGu..you have nothing to pay.

Yes, it seems like you are reading Randazzo's quote the same way I am reading it!  If PMDG charges less than $99.99 on the MSFS 737, it appears not only should the P3D buyer of the NGXu get it for free, but they also deserve a credit on the price difference - in this case, a $20 credit if PMDG prices the MSFS 737 at $80.  That's how I read the quote of "full credit" from Randazzo.

I agree with you that PMDG may price the 737 for MSFS at $99.99, and then let P3D buyers of the NGXu get it for free.  This is unfortunate for PMDG since they could not foresee the MSFS market and how low the prices would be.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

So their 737 in MSFS will be 140,-. Good to know.

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

4 minutes ago, kaha said:

So their 737 in MSFS will be 140,-. Good to know.

Karl

Yeah, I'm not sure how that is going to work either. The Aerosoft CRJ is $50 and the PMDG DC-6 is $55 - and these two are the most expensive planes in MSFS so far.  $140 would just make the 737 for MSFS look ultra expensive in comparison.

• Like 2

And there are signs the A320 from Fenix will stay below 100,-

140,- is a tad overpriced? For MSFS at least.

Karl

• Like 4

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

For example, if the 737 is priced at $80 USD in MSFS,  P3D purchasers of the NGXu should get the MSFS 737 for free and a $20 credit towards future PMDG purchases.

The credit was stated to be for the purchase of the NG3. Should there be credit left over it can't be used for anything else.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

If indeed the Fenix A320 is under $100 and has things like working CBs, PMDG would be out of their mind going for 140...

1 hour ago, kaha said:

And there are signs the A320 from Fenix will stay below 100,-

140,- is a tad overpriced? For MSFS at least.

Karl

Yes, so the pricing is going to be very intresting.

31 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

The credit was stated to be for the purchase of the NG3. Should there be credit left over it can't be used for anything else.

Well, thats the can of worms, when people took up PMDG on the offer to buy the NGu the main selling point was, if you bought it now every penny you spend will be credited for the MSFS version. Since then we all know MSFS was coming. So really it was a good deal. But if they now sold the NG3 for ....less say $75. Then the people who bought the NGu were over charged.

Am not sure the $25 more you paid is gone in the wind would go down very well.

I think without knowing PMDG have put themself in a funny spot. They could just say you have a $25 credit to spend with us on anything else, at any time. That also would be fine, but i think it might not be lawfull to not have the option to refund.

Just talking and thinking, nothing more as none of us know what will happen. It will be fun to see what the price is and how Robert will handle it.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Or they could have said nothing at all and wait until release time. 

Actually, as I get it if the NG3 is released I can get the P3D version and pay the rest for the MSFS version. The P3D version is literally a giveaway then, isn't it? Nice!

Karl

I'm ok with $140,  I can’t wait. Bring it on!

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how that is going to work either. The Aerosoft CRJ is $50 and the PMDG DC-6 is $55 - and these two are the most expensive planes in MSFS so far.  $140 would just make the 737 for MSFS look ultra expensive in comparison.

They will raise the price for the DC-6. It will be 59.99. 55 was a discounted price. I think they will do it tomorrow when the P3D sale ends.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel