Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

P3D purchasers of PMDG 737 may get it for free in MSFS?

6 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I'm not buying any addon that costs more than the simulator itself. 

Imagine where that would put those who bought FSX-SE for 7 US dollars. If everyone had followed your lead, PMDG would not have sold a single addon.

• Like 1

Just now, Reader said:

Imagine where that would put those who bought FSX-SE for 7 US dollars. If everyone had followed your lead, PMDG would not have sold a single addon.

I think you can imagine a world where there's a difference between a $7 simulator and a $110 simulator. 

And I really don't care if PMDG sells any addons or not. I don't fly airliners. It's too boring. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I wonder why you read the topic and then posted that comment? I am sure that PMDG will continue to prosper without you.

Edited by Reader

9 minutes ago, Reader said:

I wonder why you read the topic and then posted that comment? I am sure that PMDG will continue to prosper without you.

No need to wonder anymore:

I find it curious if PMDG were to give away their aircraft for free like the headline of this thread suggests.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

24 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

The wording could have been different, but essentially saying you'll get this aircraft for MSFS for free up to $100 purchase price.

Yeah, this is thing we are all curious about.  Whether PMDG will give the MSFS 737 for free to P3D purchasers of the NGXu, if the price of the MSFS 737 is $99.99 or less.  I guess we will find out when it's released.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

24 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

And I really don't care if PMDG sells any addons or not. I don't fly airliners. It's too boring. 

When FlyTheMaddog releases their MD-80 give it a shot. It's a pretty busy operation. I think there's a Fokker coming out that looks to be some busy old school flying with INS navigation and rudimentary AP. If you still fly P3D, you could also give the Majestic Sim Q400 a shot. Quick 30 minute flights into small fields with button pressing the whole way; Bonus points if you fly it in Alaska.

I'm just saying, a lot of GA aircraft (all?) are actually easier to fly than a lot of the airliners out there, and some let you do some real unforgivable white knuckle approaches.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The door is closed and locked. There is no one listening, so banging on it will not be productive.

All of you who complain about pricing, are you adults? to me 140$ seems ok for a study level aircraft.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 minutes ago, WestAir said:

When FlyTheMaddog releases their MD-80 give it a shot. It's a pretty busy operation. I think there's a Fokker coming out that looks to be some busy old school flying with INS navigation and rudimentary AP. If you still fly P3D, you could also give the Majestic Sim Q400 a shot. Quick 30 minute flights into small fields with button pressing the whole way; Bonus points if you fly it in Alaska.

I'm just saying, a lot of GA aircraft (all?) are actually easier to fly than a lot of the airliners out there, and some let you do some real unforgivable white knuckle approaches.

Thanks for the suggestions! 

I sometimes flew the Milviz 737-200 Combi and Coolsky DC-9 in the FSX days. Always fun navigating by VOR, NDBs and so on. I just don't like the programming of a computer to fly a set of waypoints at 30,000 feet above the clouds for hours and hours. I prefer low and slow, difficult approaches and beautiful scenery. My favorite aircraft right now is the Just Flight Turbo Arrow. But I can barely wait for the Twin Otter, which was my favorite back in the day. It's a nice mix of airliner and GA, and can land and take off just about anywhere. 😀

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ixoye said:
All of you who complain about pricing, are you adults? to me 140$ seems ok for a study level aircraft.

Yet they have no problem of spending thousands on hardware to play simulators, its a real headscratcher for me.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

I wonder if there will ever be a point when these add-ons start being more expensive than commerical software. 

Soon we're going to say.... $200? Nah it's fine... $500? Yeah that's fine too...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

I'm not buying any addon that costs more than the simulator itself. 

The price of the computer that runs the simulator has to be included in the actual cost of the simulator. I’ve never seen a sim that runs by itself. People pay thousands for a sim computer then balk at paying less than $100 for an expertly detailed addon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, desbean said:

The price of the computer that runs the simulator has to be included in the actual cost of the simulator. I’ve never seen a sim that runs by itself. People pay thousands for a sim computer then balk at paying less than $100 for an expertly detailed addon.

Fair point. But I use my computer for a lot of other things, it's not a dedicated sim for me. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yet they have no problem of spending thousands on hardware to play simulators, its a real headscratcher for me.

And yet there are also people who can barely afford a 14 dollar scenery.  We need to remember there are all kinds of people all over the world, not just those of us who can afford to pay 140 dollars.

• Like 13

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

56 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I’m an adult with a full-time job. Let’s be clear: $140 is a lot of money for an nonessential good, regardless of your salary or where you live. I think the only single-item purchase I’ve made in the past few years that cost me than $140 was a television, which of course my whole family uses.

I’ve bought PMDG and FSL products in P3D, so I’m not saying I can’t afford stuff at that price point or that I don’t understand the value. But expensive is expensive. And new MSFS users who aren’t used to those prices probably just think they’re bonkers. (They may not be wrong!)

James

• Like 7