Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Is there a tool to check gauges?

Does anyone know if there is a tool to check a panels associated gauges to determine whether they would work within FSX. e.g. determine which gauges are FS98 format and thus would be automatically excluded?If there are any smart programmers out there, that could knock such a tool up, it would be very usefull when checking older FS2002-2004 panels / aircraft, before trying to install within FSX.Just a thought.Cheers,Stuart

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Does anyone know if there is a tool to check a panels>associated gauges to determine whether they would work within>FSX. e.g. determine which gauges are FS98 format and thus>would be automatically excluded?>>If there are any smart programmers out there, that could knock>such a tool up, it would be very usefull when checking older>FS2002-2004 panels / aircraft, before trying to install within>FSX.>>Just a thought.>Cheers,>StuartActually FSX should do that. It's stupid the way FSX handles the gauge verification.If ya have a hundred gauges and try to load them into FSX you will have to click two hundred times. lolololDon't these programmers think and test? lolololNothing like a couple of extra buttons to accept all or skip all.

My point exactly. I don't want to sit there hitting the OK key over and over again. I would prefer to be able to check out an aircraft / panel in FS9 to see if it's at least partly compatible, before having to go through the pain.

Actually, if the gauges are 'code signed', then you can choose to automatically accept the publisher and not have to click to each gauge 100 times for FSX to accept it.FS2Crew uses a lot of gauge files, and for the FSX versions of FS2Crew I had to code sign all our gauges for this very reason. It would drive the users mad if they had to individually accept each gauge.Cheers,Bryan

Panel Studio will tell you if it is a FS98, FS2002,2004 or FSx gauge. Just open your panel and click Add Gauge. Click on the gauge and it will tell you. I don

You can right click on a single gauge and read the Properties. One of the Properties is the Description (like FS98). You can also open the Gauges folder and select View. Then Choose Details, then check Description. It will list the FS98 gauges as well as all the others. It would be nice if some programmer could write a simple program to scan the panel.cfg and list the gauge types. Regards, Bob.

Thanks Bob,That helps a lot. It doesn't always work, (some gauges that have been marked as FS98 style gauges by FSX claim to be FS2000 and FS2002, or their description is blank or says other things), but it's a huge step towards what I was looking for (I'm attempting to write a tutorial on how to import aircraft, and assume not everybody wants to purchase FSPS).Thanks! Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180