Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Hype Performance Group H145 Early Access Tomorrow

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thats what I asked and it also needs "stick Trim"

I would love a great heli but its nhas to have Blade slap and "stick Trim"

Why would it "have" to have blade slap if Airbus is actively working it out of their choppers.  The 130, 135, 145 are all industry leading in terms of noise suppression.  The 160 had a new blade design to eliminate it entirely.  So yeah, hearing a different pitch in the rotors during blade slap is going to be irrelevant on a bird that is designed from the ground up to nullify it... 

Edit for Airbus reference:

https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/stories/Quieter-city-skies.html

What solutions exist for lowering a helicopter’s sound levels?

“There are many different tools in our toolkit that could each play a role in lowering helicopter sound emissions even further,” says Julien Caillet, sound expert at Airbus Helicopters. “These include improving the Fenestron, working on blade profiles, reducing rotor speed, integrating hybridization, exploring low-sound flight procedures, and inventing very specific solutions for reducing a helicopter’s perceived sound footprint in urban areas.”

Thanks to continuous evolution of the Fenestron shrouded tail rotor, the H130, H135, H145 and H160 are industry-wide benchmarks for low sound levels in their respective classes.

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just now, psolk said:

Why would it "have" to have blade slap if Airbus is actively working it out of their choppers.  The 130, 135, 145 are all industry leading in terms of noise suppression.  The 160 had a new blade design to eliminate it entirely.  So yeah, hearing a different pitch in the rotors during blade slap is going to be irrelevant on a bird that is designed from the ground up to nullify it... 

If the Airbus Heli does not have Blade slap then thats fine Paul. I have Helis coming over my house most weeks all have it, but if the Airbus have worked out to not have it then ofc it does not need it, but is it nulifyed or just toned down? I dont know, am asking? 

I have only flown 2 helis in flight sims, the Dodo in FSX and the Heuy in (better not say Tushkin will have a heart attack) Both are/were great. Like I said I want a good one, but if blade slap is not a thing anymore thats fine Paul, then I just need "stick trim" 🙂

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

If the Airbus Heli does not have Blade slap then thats fine Paul. I have Helis coming over my house most weeks all have it, but if the Airbus have worked out to not have it then ofc it does not need it, but is it nulifyed or just toned down? I dont know, am asking? 

I have only flown 2 helis in flight sims, the Dodo in FSX and the Heuy in (better not say Tushkin will have a heart attack) Both are/were great. Like I said I want a good one, but if blade slap is not a thing anymore thats fine Paul, then I just need "stick trim" 🙂

I have the same here, I am lucky enough to have Governor Murphy's Sikorsky pass overhead daily as well as some Chinook's and frequent Bell overflights and the noise can shake the house at the right frequencies.  I've been in the 135 in real life and can tell you I never "noticed" the blade slap even on approach.  To your point I'm not sure if they are nullifying it with noise reduction inside the chopper or actually designing it out of their builds.  It looks like with the 160 they are designing to avoid it entirely.  

Not sure on stick trim, didn't have a chance to load the 145 yesterday but will today during MotoGP and F1 and check it out.  

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Went brave and purchased it. Never been a heli guy. But man, this IS astonishing, phenomenal, fabulous,stunning...it's simply jaw dropping. Favourite MSFS addon now and I have crash landed it only twice, XD. 

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 3

Iñigo Bildarratz

Anyone with real life modern heli experience here? Would like to know their opinion about the flight model before I consider buying it.

• Like 5

Pleeeeeze! Someone who flies real 145's (or similar) tell us all how this compares to the real thing 🙏 

I sooo want to buy it, but have the physics been noticeably changed (improved?) over the 135?

Edited by dogmanbird

One thing I will say is this thing needs some movement added to it...  Sitting on the tarmac with rotors spinning I'd expect a little movement inside the cockpit in terms of vibrations... 

@Nyxx haven't found stick trim yet going to dive into the docs.  None of the "features" or buttons on the stick look to be enabled.  As for slap, really all you hear is more of a turbine whine than anything.  Rotor noises are secondary and quite muted which is what I remember from the real 135... 

It seems a little "too" stable for me but in all honesty I never used the 135, haven't read the docs and don't even know what flight mode I am in LOL!   But I do want it to "feel" more "alive"  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

23 minutes ago, psolk said:

One thing I will say is this thing needs some movement added to it...  Sitting on the tarmac with rotors spinning I'd expect a little movement inside the cockpit in terms of vibrations... 

@Nyxx haven't found stick trim yet going to dive into the docs.  None of the "features" or buttons on the stick look to be enabled.  As for slap, really all you hear is more of a turbine whine than anything.  Rotor noises are secondary and quite muted which is what I remember from the real 135... 

It seems a little "too" stable for me but in all honesty I never used the 135, haven't read the docs and don't even know what flight mode I am in LOL!   But I do want it to "feel" more "alive"  

I dont know how much FBW the Airbus has in these heli's In the Bell Dodo and Heuy, the first thing you learn is for every control movement you make you then have to correct it. Its a constant balancing act. "Stable" really never comes to mind 😄.There are/where a nightmare, lol but once you got to do it all without thinking about it, its very rewarding. As far as I know and again I dont know how the moden Airbus work. But my understanding of Helis is the Stick unlike all most anything else does not self center, By TM HOTAS sure does self center. A"joystick" would have to have all its springs taken out to work like a real heli stick does, move it and it stays there. The way round that is to have "stick trim" so you press it and the heli thinks the stick is were it should be and you can release presure.

If anything we can fly should "feel alive" it should be a heli 🙂 And you should need rudders as a must to even think about touching one. The Bells needed around 70% push on the right one to lift of straight.

I would love a good heli but I dont want a "toy"

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I dont know how much FBW the Airbus has in these heli's In the Bell Dodo and Heuy, the first thing you learn is for every control movement you make you then have to correct it. Its a constant balancing act. "Stable" really never comes to mind 😄.There are/where a nightmare, lol but once you got to do it all without thinking about it, its very rewarding. As far as I know and again I dont know how the moden Airbus work. But my understanding of Helis is the Stick unlike all most anything else does not self center, By TM HOTAS sure does self center. A"joystick" would have to have all its springs taken out to work like a real heli stick does, move it and it stays there. The way round that is to have "stick trim" so you press it and the heli thinks the stick is were it should be and you can release presure.

If anything we can fly should "feel alive" it should be a heli 🙂 And you should need rudders as a must to even think about touching one. The Bells needed around 70% push on the right one to lift of straight.

I would love a good heli but I dont want a "toy"

Ok, so after a full C/D and following their procedures is still lacks that feel of being alive however to your point, there is an a.trim button you can map to your controller according to their docs.  I am wondering if that is the airbus version of stick trim.  I have a lot to learn.  

With that being said, my MFG's are getting a work out!  Never realized how stiff they were until I really had to use them LOL.  The 145 does need the reactive movement for every movement and rudders are alive even had to kick her left rudder to keep it centered on startup.  The one thing I did notice was I could actually taxi this heli which is something I've always struggled with in a Heli in FS.  It was awesome to "taxi out" to the active in Vegas the way the tour flights really do.  

I don't think it's a toy, can use some refinement to feel more alive but seems to be a challenge which is what I was looking for.  I need some in depth manuals though, haven't seen anything of that nature included.  

The 145 is a VERY different beast to the 47 or a Huey or really any rotor based A/C i've flown before.  Much more refined and closer to a fixed wing "feel" which I believe is accurate to the 135/145 in real life. 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Well I caved in. My addiction to sim helicopters is obviously stronger than my will power.

It's beautiful. The model is fantastic inside and out . Superb detail. The sounds are great quality if a little dull in the interior but that's probably correct.  Haven't really delved into systems yet. Love everything about all that. 10/10 Outstanding job.

It flys just like the H135.  It's basically, just as i predicted, the same flight model with all the same flaws and weird behaviors.  I have absolutely no idea how people are praising it and saying it's better than the H135.  I find it baffling. 5/10 

I should have trusted my gut feeling all along.  Would refund if I could.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Moose, thank you for sacrificing your cash and being the guinea pig. It's disappointing to hear, but what I was expecting too. 

Hopefully they'll find a way to get around it. 135/145 and 45g projects need to get together and have a lovechild - we'll all be saved

I appreciate your candour 👍

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

Moose, thank you for sacrificing your cash and being the Guinea pig. That's disappointing to hear, but what I was expecting. 

I appreciate your honest feedback 👍

Well, clearly most seem to disagree, so as usual...the only way to find out is to spend your own cash I'm afraid 😉

Don't make any purchasing decisions based on my opinion please!  I'm just giving my honest thought though I'm afraid.  I'm simply not feeling it. I'd love it to be the best heli I've ever flown, it's certainly the best looking 🙂

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, psolk said:

Ok, so after a full C/D and following their procedures is still lacks that feel of being alive however to your point, there is an a.trim button you can map to your controller according to their docs.  I am wondering if that is the airbus version of stick trim.  I have a lot to learn.  

With that being said, my MFG's are getting a work out!  Never realized how stiff they were until I really had to use them LOL.  The 145 does need the reactive movement for every movement and rudders are alive even had to kick her left rudder to keep it centered on startup.  The one thing I did notice was I could actually taxi this heli which is something I've always struggled with in a Heli in FS.  It was awesome to "taxi out" to the active in Vegas the way the tour flights really do.  

I don't think it's a toy, can use some refinement to feel more alive but seems to be a challenge which is what I was looking for.  I need some in depth manuals though, haven't seen anything of that nature included.  

The 145 is a VERY different beast to the 47 or a Huey or really any rotor based A/C i've flown before.  Much more refined and closer to a fixed wing "feel" which I believe is accurate to the 135/145 in real life. 

Thank you for all your feed back Paul.

22 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Well I caved in. My addiction to sim helicopters is obviously stronger than my will power.

It's beautiful. The model is fantastic inside and out . Superb detail. The sounds are great quality if a little dull in the interior 

Ive only been in one Heli IRL, that was for a 40 min tour of NY from the heli pads at the bottom of Manhattan. It was a "big" Birthday so the guys put me in the front next to the pilot. One of the things I remember the most was, how deferning it was on start up and when I placed my head phones on, BOOM....almost no sound at all, just incredible the sound deadening. Just the pilot talking and hearing all the ATC around NY, his TCAS was going off all the time it was funny. Its funny how we like the sounds of switchers etc but the chancers of hearing a switch in that heli was 0 , 😄

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

I've never piloted a real helicopter. Many times over a few years, I rode in Esso's Sikorsky S-76C as a passenger, out to gas platforms to do installs and maintenance. Fortunately I managed to avoid doing the helicopter dunk/roll escape training due to the the limited number of flights per year I had to make. I scored the unfortunate milk-run flight some times

I've flown various radio controlled T-Rex electric and nitros. To me, FI's 47g "feels" the way the larger RC helicopters look/feel when remotely controlled, especially when tamed down.  Questions regarding improving the physics, by folk who have apparently flown a real 135, have been asked on discord but I've never seen a response about it.

Edited by dogmanbird