Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Hype Performance Group H145 Early Access Tomorrow

h145 makes mfs the perfect platform for helicopters with my hard earned cash--right now.

Edited by kdfw__
  • Like 6

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Just my two cent's here:  Their crowdfunding method was not my taste. But I've had so much fun with their free H135 and wanted to support them. Not regret it.

At first - it is BETA and WIP !!!!! Early access even .... They do not publish a roadmap, but following their Discord you will get an idea what they intent. We can expect many updates to the current BETA and it is still a way to go for versiuon 1.0.

I would like to see more information about things are not implemented or bugged in the documention. Discord or find it out by yourself.

For the time (to name some) : CG - simple disregard / VS - no numeric indication / ALT set - over Cyclic beep trim / Synth Vision - not yet / EFB - bugged with SU5, will be implemented / FADEC needs further work (parameters) / AP-AFCS - not all 4 Channel / reaction to beep trim inputs needs fine tuning / fuel flow - not existing or incorrect ......

You can still "auto" - hover (beep trim with collective, not documented.

During normal flight - no jumping like the in the H135.

Very "light" to FPS, insight or outsight. Wondering a bit, because the VC are marveless and heavy glass (you can switch all MFD/PFD (3x) and plus 2x GTN750. I have the basic GTN750 (it's free) and use it a lot, EFB will have charts (navigraph).

Flight model - improved, tweaked model of the H135. It is clearly different to that, the H145 is much heavier (up to 10 POB) and flies accordingly. I would expect a general overhaul with the system implement for heli's by MS/Asobo, not earlier...

In general - you can't compare the H145 with other existing addons (across all sim platforms). It is simply another generation. It starts with no Huey flap flap and ends with AFCS. No trim force (like the real thing) - because actuators.

Talking to IRL pilots - no other heli is easier to fly than the H145 and this addon is not so far from that as we all mean to know. 

Best regards

Detlef

PS: About 8 hrs fun for now with the H145. No CTD's.                                                                                                                        Activation process is a bit annoying - they are working on it.

• Like 6

I get the occasional 'jump' like the H135 used to get – and on the H135 it annoyed me to the point where I removed the heli from the sim – but it is so minor that it doesn't bother me. Hype suggest disabling camera shake, which will illuminate it entirely but I can live with the minor movement (it appears to be a PC performance thing ... I have an old PC). Good FPS all-round.

I've only done one flight where I started with engines running: took off and did a smooth 160º turn as I was building speed aaand ... CTD. This is the ONLY CTD I've had with the H145. ALL other flights started with engines C+D (really a super simple startup procedure anyway) and all of those flights were 100% trouble free. 

Also not at all a fan of You-give-us-a-lot-of-money-now-and-we-give-you-something-much-later method, but I caved and am happy I did. If you are on the fence go look at Hype's Discord where the devs are active and you will get an idea of the drive behind the project. IMHO it is conducted in an honest and polished way: not perfect, they are learning as they go, but I have faith we will see the Civilian and Military versions that the Early Access fee also pays for in the not too distant future. And that updates will continue to appear for a long time. 

If you are interested in helicopter flight (and let's be honest with ourselves the only realistic heli in FSX was the Dodosim 206 (us X-Plane guys are spoiled with a few very good helis) then get the Bell 47 (very good) and the Hype H145 (very good for a 21st century stabilised helicopter) ... or wait a year+ to see what Asobo delivers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stratone said:

In general - you can't compare the H145 with other existing addons (across all sim platforms). It is simply another generation. It starts with no Huey flap flap and ends with AFCS. No trim force (like the real thing) - because actuators.

To be clear as I've seen a lot of post saying similar things...  No ones comparing it with the other helis mentioned with regards to how it flies.  The other sim helis were all just examples of helis that obey the laws of physics!  The H135 and 145 both have massive issues with inertia that have been there from day one and haven't improved since, amongst many other weird physics issues.

Plenty of time for things to improve.  I dont doubt their passion.  I have no confidence they will pull it off though. I'll happily, publicly eat a large slice of humble pie if they do.  I like being proven wrong.😄

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

To be clear as I've seen a lot of post saying similar things...  No ones comparing it with the other helis mentioned with regards to how it flies.  The other sim helis were all just examples of helis that obey the laws of physics!  The H135 and 145 both have massive issues with inertia that have been there from day one and haven't improved since, amongst many other weird physics issues.

Plenty of time for things to improve.  I dont doubt their passion.  I have no confidence they will pull it off though. I'll happily, publicly eat a large slice of humble pie if they do.  I like being proven wrong.😄

I wanted to resist, but your sentence: "The other sim helis were all just examples of helis that obey the laws of physics! " ?.....

For MSFS important physics for helicopters simply not existent. We have the good Bell47 with its own flightmodel. Really good but not useable for the HPG Heli's, way to different (only to name here rotorsystem/Fenestron eg). Anything else?

Speaking of XP11 and DCS, with physics, I could give you some examples for addons simply ignoring the law of physics....

Back to MSFS - you can't compare the Bell 47 and the H145. You can't reduce it in that way, the H145 ignores the laws of physics.

It is another generation. Like DC6 and Airbus or what ever. Of corse, the physic still excist but you will barely take notice - Automation!  As I mentioned already - IRL the H145 is one of the easiest to fly helicopters, you may guess why.

And in no way I will say the HPG heli is perfect. I agree also for issues with the inertia.

But good enough to make some autorotations .... (the first one was an accident, my fault).

Best regards

Detlef

5 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

I've only done one flight where I started with engines running: took off and did a smooth 160º turn as I was building speed aaand ... CTD. This is the ONLY CTD I've had with the H145. ALL other flights started with engines C+D (really a super simple startup procedure anyway) and all of those flights were 100% trouble free. 

Also not at all a fan of You-give-us-a-lot-of-money-now-and-we-give-you-something-much-later method, but I caved and am happy I did. If you are on the fence go look at Hype's Discord where the devs are active and you will get an idea of the drive behind the project. IMHO it is conducted in an honest and polished way: not perfect, they are learning as they go, but I have faith we will see the Civilian and Military versions that the Early Access fee also pays for in the not too distant future. And that updates will continue to appear for a long time. 

If you are interested in helicopter flight (and let's be honest with ourselves the only realistic heli in FSX was the Dodosim 206 (us X-Plane guys are spoiled with a few very good helis) then get the Bell 47 (very good) and the Hype H145 (very good for a 21st century stabilised helicopter) ... or wait a year+ to see what Asobo delivers. 

This is the best assessment that I've seen, thank you.

H145 is an improvement over the H135 in every way, and while we never promised a night and day difference in the flight model it has evolved since the H135 and is being tuned to what is expected from the H145. We have been receiving feedback from real world H145 pilots since early in development and their daily feedback has been positive so we know we are moving in the right direction. 

Of course there's sim limitations - you're aware of them, we're aware of them, other devs are aware of them and Asobo are aware of them - this is not a complaint, we accept and respect that official support will be added in 2022. Our goal is to do the best job possible currently within the limitations of the sim - the alternative of building a flight model externally and requiring some external app to be run is out of the question, that plan would mean our aircraft would never be available in the MFS marketplace and that is needed because we want Xbox players to eventually be able to enjoy our aircraft.

I respect that for some people our flight model doesn't cut it for them, that is fine - people work hard for their money and have the right to spend it as they see fit. That said, there are many people enjoying our H135 & H145 - over 8K on our Discord alone and the H135 has a 4.7 rating after 330K downloads on Flightsim.to. 

We will continue to evolve our flight model within the limitations of the sim, hopefully with the Volocopter release there's new SDK functionality added that can help us be even better and of course once official helicopter support is added in 2022 we can determine if our own work can be improved by, or "ported" to the new flight model that will be available. 

No snake oil salesmen here - H135 is free and gives everyone a perfect opportunity to get a good idea of our flight model before supporting the H145. If anyone is ever on the fence about supporting our H145 project please start with the H135.

Give it a couple hours and ask yourself would you pay for and enjoy a modest improvement on the flight model, and a massive jump in visual quality, performance, avionics, sound design and VR support. Then ask yourself if you could have all of that in 3 different variants (civilian, luxury, military) for $42 if it would be worth it for you.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

the H145 ignores the laws of physics.

I believe the point pilot/s in chat were trying to make, is that although 135 has stabilising capabilities, the real 135 doesn't feel like HPG's with regards to aileron/banking input (not losing altitude rapidly enough when banking at lower speeds) and a very noticeable abrupt locking of the tail as it passes through direct forward flight, when yawing at speed, along with describing the physics of the HP 135 feeling more like flying a quadcopter drone than a real 135.

I've really enjoyed the 135 even with the above. Like other posters have mentioned, I think I'd be happy buying the 145 just for the fun I've already had, and hope HPG can tweak it in the future. 👍

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 1

A question about licensing if someone can please help - it was mentioned on chat that the 145 addon needs to be reactivated every 2 hours. Is this correct?

Cheers,

4 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

A question about licensing if someone can please help - it was mentioned on chat that the 145 addon needs to be reactivated every 2 hours. Is this correct?

Cheers,

The activation process is horrid.  I haven't encountered it every two hours (haven't flown it for two hours straight) but have to put my sim into windows mode then alt-tab out and browse to the activator manually every time I load the 145... 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

The activation process is a temporary solution to protect against piracy. We are already working on a less frustrating activation system due to user feedback.

This advice does not help single monitor users, but you can place a shortcut to the activator app either on your desktop or your Windows taskbar.

We store your activation code after the first time, so if you have a shortcut to the activation app it only takes a few seconds to click unlock. 

Edited by HPG

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

5 minutes ago, HPG said:

The activation process is a temporary solution to protect against piracy. We are already working on a less frustrating activation system due to user feedback.

This advice does not help single monitor users, but you can place a shortcut to the activator app either on your desktop or your Windows taskbar.

We store your activation code after the first time, so if you have a shortcut to the activation app it only takes a few seconds to click unlock. 

Would activation work if we launched it prior to MSFS or does MSFS have to be running? 

Thank you for the open dialog! 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

15 minutes ago, psolk said:

Would activation work if we launched it prior to MSFS or does MSFS have to be running? 

Give it a try and should be pleased with the discovery. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Well I like it!

I can get around a bit quicker than I can with the Bell 47, and until Asobo updates the sim to support actual helicopter flight models, it's still a gas.  There are a LOT of things we don't get properly simulated for many other kinds of flying, in this and other sims, so I'm happy not to pick nits over this one.  Also happy to provide some support back to the team that gave a cool freeware H135 to the community.

RyPxwun.gif

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

54 minutes ago, psolk said:

Good timing that.   Just as just as they got the thread on the official forums closed down 😄