Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

G1000NXi looking good!

On 9/16/2021 at 7:06 PM, MattNischan said:

Thanks Bert, that's very kind!

I'm actually somewhat amused as to how little traction or attention the NXi has gotten on these forums. I seem to recall this crowd yelling somewhat the loudest about how poor the original G1000 was, but relatively little fanfare about one that now does all the IFR stuff everyone wanted in the first place (and a good deal more).

Of course, we're not powered by fanfare, so we'll keep on building the thing out, because we actually really enjoy flying it too! 😉

-Matt

I love it!!!

• Like 2

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

13 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I love it!!!

I really like it too. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 9/16/2021 at 1:06 PM, MattNischan said:

Thanks Bert, that's very kind!

I'm actually somewhat amused as to how little traction or attention the NXi has gotten on these forums. I seem to recall this crowd yelling somewhat the loudest about how poor the original G1000 was, but relatively little fanfare about one that now does all the IFR stuff everyone wanted in the first place (and a good deal more).

Of course, we're not powered by fanfare, so we'll keep on building the thing out, because we actually really enjoy flying it too! 😉

-Matt

I love your work! That's for sure!

Are you going to improve the GNS units too? They need lots of love. I refuse to touch them

Juan Ramos

On 9/16/2021 at 7:06 PM, captain420 said:

MS/Asobo recocgnizes talent and was a very wise decision on their part.

my feeling is this was rather MS/Jörg Neumanns "wise" decision 😊

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 9/16/2021 at 1:12 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

My favorite feature of the NXi (aside from keyboard input) is support for mapping G1000 controls like the FMS double encoder knob/pushbutton,  and the MFD's range knob. 

Is there a G1000NXi document that describes the support for mapping the G1000NXi controls? I'm particularly interested in the AP buttons and the dual altitude knob on the MFD.

Thx,

Al

" support for mapping G1000 controls like the FMS double encoder knob/pushbutton,  and the MFD's range knob."

I use the external x-touch mini USB controller spacer.pngfrom Behringer (originally a midi input device only 55 € on Amazon) which has 8 external knobs and 16 buttons that can be programmed and mapped to MSFS aircraft with "Axis and Ohs" software (15 €) from Lorby. it is very helpful also for VR pilots as you don't see nor use the keyboard, and it is easier to touch and feel buttons and dials than mouse and keyboard. turning dials instead of hitting tiny mouse click spots in turbulence is much more intuitive. it requires some getting used to though, reading of manuals and watching youtube lessons helped me too.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/607192-axis-and-ohs-and-behringer-x-touch

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

25 minutes ago, ark said:

Is there a G1000NXi document that describes the support for mapping the G1000NXi controls? I'm particularly interested in the AP buttons and the dual altitude knob on the MFD.

Al, we're trying to stay in total alignment with the base sim events, so you should be able to use all of the default AP controls for setting modes and values. If you find some that aren't working as expected please let us know so we can investigate.

The only items of note have to do with panels or hardware that wants to READ the selected altitude for display purposes, and we've got a couple notes on that here:
https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/nxi/issues

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

3 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Is it possible to map the CDI button?

You can switch the CDI mode between GPS and VLOC using FSUIPC7 offset (0x132C).

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Is it possible to map the CDI button?

I did it in axis and ohs 

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2021 at 6:09 PM, xender said:

I love your work! That's for sure!

Are you going to improve the GNS units too? They need lots of love. I refuse to touch them

There are mods for the GNS430 and GNS530 available, from pimarc/pmb.  For example here is the github link for the 530:

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

What is the command called in Axis and Ohs?

TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1

• Like 2