Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

Flybywire A32NX Stable v 0.7.0 more issues......

Hello,

It seems that this version still has more bugs/issues. Last time was that the autopilot didnt work/engage. But was able to function once I removed the livery I was

using, according to Flybywire website that was a Known issue.......Today just a couple minutes ago...ATC instructed me to climb to 8,000ft after departure. Which I set

for the autopilot. I took off and started climbing. During the climb I heard like couple of clicks it seem something turn off or disegage. But all seem ok. After a couple of

minutes I notice that the Autopilot turned off and I had pass 8,000FT so ATC instructed me to descend to 8,000FT but the plane didnt respond/autopilot. The plane kept

climbing. So I dont know why....Also When I click on the LOC button it doesnt work/engage. Any help is appreciated THANX

Edited by Whisper202

Sounds like user errors, not bugs to me. I fly the FBW every day and the autopilot works fine.

I recommend watching some YT videos (easyjetsimpilot or others) to familiarize yourself with the typical A320 flows.

• Like 5

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

For my part the autopilot does not follow the flight plan.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

12 minutes ago, filou said:

And... at this point I should probably add the words "of course" here, everything seems to be working for me, except for one scare where my waypoint's all disappeared from  -direct-to, but then reappeared after I went into Flight Plan and then went back.

So far, that's been it.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

Sounds like user errors, not bugs to me. I fly the FBW every day and the autopilot works fine.

I recommend watching some YT videos (easyjetsimpilot or others) to familiarize yourself with the typical A320 flows.

I will take a look....thanx

2 hours ago, filou said:

Why am I not surprised…..

2 hours ago, Silicus said:

I fly the FBW every day and the autopilot works fine

same, recently in the experimental mod only and before in the dev mod. no problems once I sorted that the AP disconnects for floor protection

• Upvote 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Flightplan works every time for me (I fly the AC every day). Certain ground rules need to be followed due to the limitations of the Asobo flight planner which is still in use in the STABLE AND DEV versions.

Always put your SID and STAR in the "box" before departure. Note that the Stable and Dev versions use the Asobo implementation of the flightplanner. As a result you CANNOT OUTRIGHT DELETE THE STAR once entered. YOU MAY CHANGE IT on the fly if you need to do so if you are assigned a different runway or approach. HOWEVER, be very mindful of the starting waypoint of the STAR (This is where the flyback bug comes in). to get around this Put the aircraft in manual heading mode temporarily. Then Change the runway and Approach as needed in the "box". After doing this, Either direct to the start of the new approach or whatever waypoint in the approach you desire. Put the aircraft back to managed mode (Make sure the line on the Nav Display is solid and not dotted by pulling "up arrow" on the heading knob) and you're set. If you know what your doing you should be able to quickly double check the new flight plan by putting the ND in PLAN MODE and reviewing the waypoints to ensure you have no weirdness or discontinuities in the flight plan.

Experimental i believe no longer has the flyback bug but i don't mess with the experimental version because its missing a few features so i cant speak for it.

A couple important things i need to Add

As @DAD mentioned. If you get the Aircraft into an Alpha floor situation .. the Autopilot WILL DISENGAGE and you will not be able to re engage it until the aircraft is out of the Alpha Floor flight envelope. Autothrottle will still be engaged ( As far as i can recall so please be mindful of this) 

I always plan my flights using Simbrief  and the flight is always started cold and Dark at the gates.

Also.. If anyone ever installed the stable version from the marketplace ( I didn't) Iv'e read that it must be uninstalled using the content manager (You cant just remove it from the community folder).  If you have only ever used FBW's standalone installer then you can add remove the A320nx folder at will.

Users must also be mindful that they are using a post Service update 5 livery as issues or CTD's may occur if you are using a NON UPDATED livery.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

16 minutes ago, DAD said:

same, recently in the experimental mod only and before in the dev mod. no problems once I sorted that the AP disconnects for floor protection

Ditto here

-B

• Like 1

3 flights each day over the past weekend in the FBW A320, not one issue with any... you need to look elsewhere for your issues.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

35 minutes ago, swiesma said:

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

14 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

And... at this point I should probably add the words "of course" here,

OFF course it doesn't 🙂

No issues here with 0.7.0 stable.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

The first iteration of LNAV is available in "Experimental" if anyone wants to try it out. Version 0.70 is fine as long as you do not use the ASOBO flight planner, SimBrief or manual entry only.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!