Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Banner at the bottom of the forum screen

1 hour ago, GHD said:

There are no ads here 😔

Really?  What do you call those things on the sidebar advertising Warbird Art Deco and Gifts or T-Shirts and the refinancing ads at the bottom and the ever constant changing banner?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

Really?  What do you call those things on the sidebar advertising Warbird Art Deco and Gifts or T-Shirts and the refinancing ads at the bottom and the ever constant changing banner?

Noel

Well there are  some  of us  that have  never  seen  the  banners or  adds

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

Noel

If people previously had Ad Blockers installed then no, they won't of seen any ads. As before on my PC I see none (now that I use an ad blocker) but on my mobile device they're everywhere!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 hours ago, birdguy said:

Noel

Yes, really:

AVSIM.jpg

Using Firefox on W10.

Edited by GHD

Note. At one point I had a pop-up for "Cookie Preferences" in which I set my preferences.

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Well there are  some  of us  that have  never  seen  the  banners or  adds

Lucky you!

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, GHD said:

Using Firefox on W10

Me too.

Noel

10 hours ago, MarcG said:

but on my mobile device they're everywhere!

This is what I use on my mobile devices:  https://brave.com/

• Like 2

I reset W10 and on Avsim  was prompted with:

Avsim.jpg

I have never seen, wasn't aware of, and didn't know about what GHD just posted above.  Does that mean AVSIM is farming out or perhaps even selling my personal data?

Does this mean they don't need permission to mine your personal information and that it is automatically for sale unless you take action to stop it even if you were not made aware of it?

Noel

Yes.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It is an EU requirement, but I don't know how to forcibly access it.

4 hours ago, GHD said:

It is an EU requirement, but I don't know how to forcibly access it.

Nowhere on this site do I see a link or anywhere in the privacy policy to remove consent. Its not in our profile/account setting pages or on the sites own terms of service page. Looks like avsim can do whatever it wants with your info once your here. I would like to know what third party vendors avsim is sharing this data with if we have no way of withdrawing our consent.

2 hours ago, Garys said:

Looks like avsim can do whatever it wants with your info

I know from reliable sources that they sell your data to the Chinese.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

I know from reliable sources that they sell your data to the Chinese.

think  they already got  your  data 🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg