Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Reno Air Races - Full Collection Trailer

Concerning crash detection it sounds like they will have crash detection if planes touch and the planes will be reset after the crash to continue on from the same point.  This is per the dev Q&A yesterday.

• Like 1

Releasing on November 18th. The very day I retire. The stars are lining up well.

• Upvote 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

I want Rare Bear!

• Like 2

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

54 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

you can sign up for the beta test now

Do you have a link?  I would sign up for the beta if I knew how

Really looking forward to this - but They need to sort out the MP servers first!

I’ll wait for reviews before spending any dosh on this.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

32 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Really looking forward to this - but They need to sort out the MP servers first!

I’ll wait for reviews before spending any dosh on this.

They said they're improving the multiplayer connection with this update. The races themselves I assume are also on their own servers since it's all close racing without those racers.

1 hour ago, PlumCrazy said:

Do you have a link?  I would sign up for the beta if I knew how

https://www.flightsimulator.com/reno-pre-release-testing/

It might be full now I don't know.

For steam users

"The Reno Preview is a separate build and a cut-down version of the sim that is about 25GB. Technically, Steam users can sign up as it isn’t required to own the MS Store version."

Edited by Tuskin38

13 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They said they're improving the multiplayer connection with this update. The races themselves I assume are also on their own servers since it's all close racing without those racers.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/reno-pre-release-testing/

For steam users

"The Reno Preview is a separate build and a cut-down version of the sim that is about 25GB. Technically, Steam users can sign up as it isn’t required to own the MS Store version."

As in other user's aircraft opacity/alpha not fading away at very close proximity.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It might be full now I don't know.

I've just this minute signed up, so there may be some space left.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

I was able to sign up at 1840 GMT.

From the sound of it this is going to be a short, focused test ending ending in 25th presumably so they have time to review the feedback and tweak as necessary and maybe do another test before release.

Sounds a way more sensible way of handling it than the least two beta tests and I haven't seen any reference to this testing being covered by an NDA ?

As I understand it, all aircraft are in the SIM and be can flown any where in the world you want. At $60.00 for 40 highly detailed aircraft that is $1.5 each. How can you beat that? Well worth it to me. always wanted a nice T-6. Looking forward to this. Even if I never enter a race.

Signed up

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

I was able to sign up at 1840 GMT.

From the sound of it this is going to be a short, focused test ending ending in 25th presumably so they have time to review the feedback and tweak as necessary and maybe do another test before release.

Sounds a way more sensible way of handling it than the least two beta tests and I haven't seen any reference to this testing being covered by an NDA ?

Only because they're just testing the races, not the entire sim like previous tests were. It's also a separate download from the base sim.

Regarding NDA I see no mention. The news post itself also says there will be a public forum for testers to post in (not for reporting bugs though).

So I guess there won't be an NDA if the forum is public.

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They said they're improving the multiplayer connection with this update.

Hope so.

Multiplayer is badly messed up again after SU6.

Extremely, extremely, extremely super excited about air racing coming to MSFS.  Almost at the pee-my-pants level of excitement!!!

Don't know if anyone else around here flew on WestCoastATC back in the FS9 days but they had a great Air Racing setup with a large, friendly gang of folks that got together every weekend to race at various courses they had custom scenery with timing gates.  It was an impressive and well-organized affair with lap times and finish order recorded, and they ran full-on racing seasons using WW2 warbirds (P-51's and Sea Furies, and later the P-38 which I campaigned in and won the Reno race in one season) as well as T-6 Texan and Biplane racing classes.  It was highly addictive and the most fun any of us ever had with our clothes on!

More recently there has been some organized racing events in IL2 Sturmovik but the lack of timing gates makes it a gentlemen's honor sort of affair but still fun.  If you are not sure if online air racing is exciting and fun enough for you, I offer this video taken by an IL2 squadmate at the time, with some other flying buddies from IL2 in the mix on a river race course I set up using lighthouses as the "pylons".   If we can have a good time with a makeshift setup like that, a more proper air racing feature will be an absolute hoot!

In IL2 we ran with collisions turned on, but the WestCoastATC "PROPS" air racing campaigns ran with collisions off, and honestly both options are quite fun.  If MSFS air racing is successful we will have lots of new air racers, which is a good thing, and having collisions off would be beneficial for everyone to save some ruined evenings IMHO.  At least for the first few season.

I'll see you folks at the starting line... 😁🤙

Edited by Stoopy
Fix the usual idiotic typos
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!