Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Free update - MSFS Game of the Year Edition

If I feel like flying f18 I start DCS. Nothing in this update is of interest for me. 

Lukas Dalton

52 minutes ago, DaWu said:

If I feel like flying f18 I start DCS. Nothing in this update is of interest for me. 

Well then don't buy it.

Oh wait... it's free...

Well then... don't accept a gift. 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Well then don't buy it.

Oh wait... it's free...

Well then... don't accept a gift. 😉

Yes I will uninstall it if possible. Waste of disk space

Lukas Dalton

What exactly DX12 is going to be? What are the expected advantages of using it? I remember DX10 preview in FSX didn't do much good until the Steve DX10 scenery fixer fixed it a lot.

Edited by Capt Timeter

A lot depends on how Asobo implements DirectX 12 within the sim.

For an overview of what DirectX 12 can provide:

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

4 hours ago, DaWu said:

Yes I will uninstall it if possible. Waste of disk space

You can uninstall any aircraft and airport in the sim through the content manager.

Don't delete the folder manually or the sim will try and reinstall it, only do it through the content manager.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

You can uninstall any aircraft and airport in the sim through the content manager.

Can you? I tried to uninstall the Pitts and the sim immediately downloaded and reinstalled it back on the next launch reprimanding me for uninstalling mandatory content.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:44 AM, ricka47 said:

I wonder what "early access" to DX12 means? I hope it's not like the FSX "DX10 Preview!"

It means expect a ton of problems and bug fixes down the road!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

On 10/21/2021 at 12:31 AM, ThrottleUp said:

I thought you all might find this list of current PC6 Porter users interesting. Its regularly updated. 

http://www.pc-6.com/porterakt.htm

What happened to the VH Porters ?

Cheers Pete

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

On 10/19/2021 at 10:57 AM, FSUK_86 said:

means you can have dx12 turned on or stay with what we have now 

I think that option is just great!  In case I get borked with only 8GB's of graphics memory....that happened with P3D v5.x at first....

If the PC version of MSFS will only utilize DX12 as a wrapper at first then I wonder if the Xbox version currently only uses DX12 as a wrapper for DX11 too or does the Xbox version actually have elements of DX12 properly integrated? If so, maybe we'll see the same or similar basic elements implemented from day one on the PC.

Otherwise how else does the Xbox keep a constant 30fps and smooth in the heaviest areas?

18 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

If the PC version of MSFS will only utilize DX12 as a wrapper at first then I wonder if the Xbox version currently only uses DX12 as a wrapper for DX11 too or does the Xbox version actually have elements of DX12 properly integrated? If so, maybe we'll see the same or similar basic elements implemented from day one on the PC.

Otherwise how else does the Xbox keep a constant 30fps and smooth in the heaviest areas?

Dynamic resolution scaling, low LOD, objects and terrain detail drawn only for a portion of the FOV at a time (the one you're looking at). Do you remember SU5 before the hotfix, with trees and buildings popping in as you turned your head? Well, the XBox is stuck with that.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png