Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Free update - MSFS Game of the Year Edition

1 minute ago, johnbow72 said:

Early access to DX12 is now confirmed for November 18th .

Does it require Win 11?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Does it require Win 11?

What I can gather it does not , but don't quote me . All the info is here : https://www.flightsimulator.com/coming-soon-microsoft-flight-simulator-game-of-the-year-edition/

I saw this also If I remember correctly, DX12 will be an option, similar to FSX’s “DirectX 10 preview” switch

Edited by johnbow72

12 hours ago, espent said:

It has 5 aircrafts, 8 airports, 8 photogrametry cities ++  Pretty big bells if you ask me.

NONE of these will affect me in any way.

It is, however, a potentially great update for the majority of simmers and, as has already been stated, one has to admire MS/Asobo for the work put in since release. This, despite the trials and tribulations passed on during the process.

I still regard it as a Work In Progress and it will be for some time.  The competition platforms are still in that same state and it will be a long time (if ever) before they achieve perfection.  I am incredibly grateful for what we have in each of those platforms.

Regards

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

13 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

oh that poor Porter guy 😡😰

Indeed, not very elegant from Microsoft to give away an aircraft already sold by another company and in the making by an indie. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

True, but what about the ten year project? 🙂

its like the need to empty the Community folder before an update. As it is repeated over and over people believe it to be true. In any case, they never gave the starting year 😄

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Terrible community this is going to end up Like fsx crybabies everywehere. Don't even have to explain its going to fail. Like in the past.

Edited by jbdbow1970

5 hours ago, jymp said:

Hmmm, going to have a Hornet, already have a Tomcat, gonna need a carrier ....

With the top gun update next year

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

Does it require Win 11?

Nope, DX12 Ultimate is available on Windows 10.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

18 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I wonder what "early access" to DX12 means? I hope it's not like the FSX "DX10 Preview!"

That was explained in the last Q&A. 

They expect compatibility and hardware issues with the multiple different PC specs out there at first. So they will work on stabilzing the code and the engine over the course of the next year or so.

Until then DX12 will remain an optional choice. The moment they are satisfied with stability and performance they will fully switch to DX12 without the user being able to switch back to DX11.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

admire MS/Asobo for the work put in since release

second that regardless of little thingammies here and there (YMMV) but overall I am impressed and once I sorted out that MS Store vs XBOX App update procedure (wasn't aware that the update process for the MS Store version can get even more complicated than already before) all went fine and swift. Third flight today, PANC PAKT with the FBW, then EDDM LOWI in the CRJ and now enroute EGPF EGLC in the CRJ and all fine, smooth, happy camper. May be placebo but even the CRJ behaves better, LOC26 into LOWI followed perfectly, now holding speed at FL26 much better than before. All with LOD 200, mixture between high and ultra setting with no stutters or hickups at all. Compared to FSX with just few updates or Flight that had DLC which took ages and covered just small areas (Alasca wilderness was the second/third and last one if I remember correctly, before MS shutdown the servers) the commitment, progress and speed of the MSFS development and enhancement is just whopping. Keep it coming, MS/Asobo.  

• Like 6

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I'm thinking about MSFS multiplayer mode after GOTY...

Skies crowded of F/A-18 fighter jets flying low and wildly at supersonic speeds, doing every kind of stunts over major civil airports and other players. And I can't shoot them down with AA missiles!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, Shack95 said:

Is that even a bug? Isn't it rather just not implemented yet? But I agree, I would love to see this soon. Proper wiper effects add a lot to the atmosphere.

Read somewhere that it was programmed in such a way that windshield would receive rain drops but could not be wiped off. Whether you call it a bug or not, isn't it an eye sore and so unrealistic in a sim which is being purported to be a graphical feat? Unfortunately there were very few votes in the bug reporting page regarding this issue.

Is it really that hard to fix or something that can be totally ignored?

Edited by vinodkk

22 hours ago, DAD said:

second that regardless of little thingammies here and there (YMMV) but overall I am impressed and once I sorted out that MS Store vs XBOX App update procedure (wasn't aware that the update process for the MS Store version can get even more complicated than already before) all went fine and swift. Third flight today, PANC PAKT with the FBW, then EDDM LOWI in the CRJ and now enroute EGPF EGLC in the CRJ and all fine, smooth, happy camper. May be placebo but even the CRJ behaves better, LOC26 into LOWI followed perfectly, now holding speed at FL26 much better than before. All with LOD 200, mixture between high and ultra setting with no stutters or hickups at all. Compared to FSX with just few updates or Flight that had DLC which took ages and covered just small areas (Alasca wilderness was the second/third and last one if I remember correctly, before MS shutdown the servers) the commitment, progress and speed of the MSFS development and enhancement is just whopping. Keep it coming, MS/Asobo.  

Yes, the relentless pace of development is for me the single most impressive feature of the MSFS2020 product.

Yes, there's weaknesses and holes, but you know they will be sorted out.

• Like 1