Sign in to follow this  
JBDB-MD80

When is the Hotfix.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Well for one, the Longitude and the TBM.  Warning sound as soon as the power is turned on.

yes, confirmed .

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, xender said:

Mmm.. For what exactly is a hotfix needed?

Asking for a friend.

Worked be nice to have the Best Mixture command work propely and not break the entire Mixture Axis in the plane.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Working your way up to another Avsim ban, aren't we?

Put me on your ignore list. I am more less flagrant as some others around here.

Edited by jbdbow1970

[IN PROGRESS]

Several issues I've found during my first short tests with SU6 this morning and afterwards:

- Bonanza G36 missing registrations

- Missing buildings and different objects (like light poles) in some add-on airports compiled with previous SU5/SU4

- Handle bar issue still persists (stay on the screen for too long. It should disappear just after the mouse action)

- Apparently no wind effects when using weather presets

The positives:

- Visual quality has improved with the addition of the LOD slider (even at the 200 setting it looks good enough)

- Performance and loading times not affected by the increase on the Terrain LOD

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

When using the FBW 320,and the flyto function,all push buttons on flight deck are off,and unusable.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

3 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

When using the FBW 320,and the flyto function,all push buttons on flight deck are off,and unusable.

Are you sure you turned off the keyboard typing feature before trying to manipulate anything else?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Are you sure you turned off the keyboard typing feature before trying to manipulate anything else?

Where is this keyboard function you speak of? Never recall changing any computer/Flight-sim procedure.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

33 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Where is this keyboard function you speak of? Never recall changing any computer/Flight-sim procedure.

If you click on the screen of the MCDU (even accidently) a white/grey bar will appear and you will be able to type in your selections using the keyboard. You have to click on the MCDU screen again to depart this function, or all other controls will freeze/be-unavailable.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

Do you have time for friends ? ? I am always flying or here ; no wife, no kids , no friends. Just me and my home cockpit ✈️

He Man, i'm sorry, seems you're throwing your life away..🤔

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, edpatino said:

[IN PROGRESS]

Several issues I've found during my first short tests with SU6 this morning and afterwards:

- Missing buildings and different objects (like light poles) in some add-on airports compiled with previous SU5/SU4

- Handle bar issue still persists (stay on the screen for too long. It should disappear just after the mouse action)

- Apparently no wind effects when using weather presets

The positives:

- Visual quality has improved with the addition of the LOD slider (even at the 200 setting it looks good enough)

- Performance and loading times not affected by the increase on the Terrain LOD

Thanks for this Ed.

Hopefully addon airport developers will update their products as several have stopped doing that during the last year….

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

When is the Hotfix for the Hotfix? That is the question.😉

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Thanks for this Ed.

Hopefully addon airport developers will update their products as several have stopped doing that during the last year….

Hi Gerard,

I'll be updating the list once I try out other aircraft and flight situations in the following days.

I'm not so optimistic that freeware scenery developers will continuously update their work, maybe only a few of them will do. After SU5 a significant amount of airport add-ons have been affected and even airports that were updated after SU5 are now affected again after SU6, more or less in the same way. These repetitive situations leads to disappointment for the developers. In addition to this, the MSFS SDK was also derailed after SU5 and hopefully the new version (v0.15.0.0) released yesterday will perform better and could resolve the most relevant issues. This has been extensively discussed at the MSFS developer forums.

It's not matter of being pessimistic or optimistic, but I think that at this stage it's clear that MS/Asobo prefer the fanfare and frequent news and fancy updates to market this product instead of working hard in making this sim more stable and solid. One example of this, and this is just my opinion, is the upcoming "game of the year" edition, just shy of a month after SU6, so no time to "settle down". While all of this happens, most freeware developers will prefer to stay away, hopefully at least for a while.

Stay and fly safe!.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Why a hotfix ?

Simple, currently it is impossible to compile a project in command line with fspackagetool.The only solution or turnaround given by ASOBO is to launch MSFS and compile with the DEV Mod.

When you try to create many projects for a big airport or you test an aircraft, you should launch MSFS at least 30 times a day. For each launch you should wait 5 mn so it is impossible to create in this conditions. I don't understand how this can be supported by Editors ...

The funny thing is that this version was in test for at least 15 days so nobody compiled or the version provided is not the one that was tested. But what do the source file managers do?

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

15 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I'm not so optimistic that freeware scenery developers will continuously update their work, maybe only a few of them will do. After SU5 a significant amount of airport add-ons have been affected and even airports that were updated after SU5 are now affected again after SU6, more or less in the same way. These repetitive situations leads to disappointment for the developers.

15 minutes ago, edpatino said:

While all of this happens, most freeware developers will prefer to stay away, hopefully at least for a while.

And this is very bad for all of us, not least for Asobo. I hope Asobo realise it. Freeware developers have made MSFS a much better place. The aircraft I fly are ones that have been modded. The CJ4, A32NX, B36, TBM, C152 - all modded. In fact, those that have not been modded are parked in the hanger because, well, lets just say they are generally speaking, not particuarly good. So, if Asobo thoughtlessly chases the modders and freeware developers away thru constant changing of goal posts every single month, they ironically degrade, not improve this simulator. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

[IN PROGRESS]

Several issues I've found during my tests with SU6 so far:

- Longer loading times with Terrain LOD setting at 200 or above 200

- And this is very annoying: Sometimes the sim tries to load a flight "forever", the blue bar goes full to the right and keeps there for too long without loading up the flight. This has happened to me in different airports, sometimes you can get in, sometimes not, and you have to kill MSFS from the Task Manager. Looks like depending on the servers status (my guess), you're allowed to get in or not. This has happened to me in airports near photogrammetry areas (it's so far the only common factor I can tell).

The positives:

- Performance is not affected by the increase on the Terrain LOD

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed