Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Anyone flying the Carenado M20R Ovation?

Mine stands and collects dust at the far end of the hangar, maybe it's time to take it out in the sun for a while again.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Four flights with mine this morning, other than the idle problem, it flies great, and looks good too. 200 mph is pretty cool too . 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Ray,   quick personal question if you don't mind.

Are you the author of this draft review of the Carenado Mooney?   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FazltkVlPERwA7DyAAyLOcBwRZzTvDAt/view

If so, I believe you sent it to me long ago.    Rather enjoyed the insider info, either way.   Great read for Mooney drivers,  probably Bonanza drivers too.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

Yes, that is me.  I am an old time Mooney driver from way back when.  Glad you enjoyed the draft.  I had planned on publishing it but, Carenado was slow at correcting many of the initial glitches so I just stopped writing and made it available.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I just noticed that the rudder trim doesn't seem to work. There is a takeoff setting for it, but I can't seem to get the indicator to move by pressing the toggle button on the panel. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 10/23/2021 at 7:43 AM, Bobsk8 said:

New Paint job flying over Finland on a cloudy day with intermittent icing. 

spacer.png

Cool - that one's mine.  You can change the registration too if you want.  I don't think I ever mentioned that...they're just Carenado's tail number system, much like Asobo.

Also, if anyone needs a little more power I recommend this turbocharged mod for the Mooney.  Maybe a little overkill in the lower altitude stratum but it's nice to have the option.

https://flightsim.to/file/21351/mooney-m20r-ovation-tubo-mod

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Cool - that one's mine.  You can change the registration too if you want.  I don't think I ever mentioned that...they're just Carenado's tail number system, much like Asobo.

Also, if anyone needs a little more power I recommend this turbocharged mod for the Mooney.  Maybe a little overkill in the lower altitude stratum but it's nice to have the option.

Does it do anything to fix the idle speed?

22 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Thanks Ryan, I will give this a try.  Faster and higher are always good things.  Thanks for the link.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Does it do anything to fix the idle speed?

Yes, it fixes the idle cutoff problem, but the idle RPM stays too high, IMO.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now, Alvega said:

Yes, it fixes the idle cutoff problem, but the idle RPM stays too high, IMO.

Yeah, it's a shame the way Carenado, once they have your money, really drags their feet on fixing issues. 

Approaching Havana, Cuba

spacer.png