Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Addon Linker Messed Up?

9 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

I break that link by simply deleting the folder in the Community folder and created an addons folder (for ORBX & Flightbeam) to "Addon Linker".

All you need to do, is to add the Orbx Library folder to Addons Linker's list of folders to be scanned.

The Linker will then take over the link management. No need to delete anything in the Community folder. 😉

Bert

Thanks Bert. That's good to know going forward. So it looks like I am performing a needless step when Adding these folders to Addon Linker.

Regards,

Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

On 1/6/2022 at 12:13 AM, Bert Pieke said:

All you need to do, is to add the Orbx Library folder to Addons Linker's list of folders to be scanned.

The Linker will then take over the link management. No need to delete anything in the Community folder. 😉

Found this on a search. So, not sure if something changed with Orbx Central but this no longer works. I can add the folder to be scanned with Addon Linker and it shows up but if you check to activate any folders in the Orbx library via the addon linker, they no longer stay checked on the left side panel but it shows checked on the right side panel in Addon Linker. Wierd.... 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

Not sure if it can help anyone in this thread, but I spent a lot of time sorting out this matter one year ago and found the following solution regarding ORBX and Contrail:

1. All my addons are sorted by type (aircraft, sceneries, tools) and my sceneries by countries (I have hundreds of them), in a separate MSFS Addons on my D drive
  2. Addon-Linker reads that folder and scans all my addons keeping the same order.
  3. In ORBX and Contrail, I created similar libraries to the one I made in Addon-Linker, for example Europe/UK in my MSFS Addons will be named the same in the ORBX and Contrail libraries in both platforms, I save each libraries (I have approximately 25 of them) and whenever I buy a new product it will be installed in the relevant library. For example today I bought Aerosoft EBBR from ORBX and installed it in the "Europe/Benelux" library, yesterday I bought LKPR and it went into the "Eastern Europe" library, Las Palmas was installed into the "Europe/Spain" library, etc.etc.
  4. In doing this, all my sceneries are sorted and recognised by both ORBX and Contrail platforms, whenever there is an update for one of my products, the app will flag the update automatically and all I have to do is click on the Download button of the app, the rest is all automatic, the library is known to the app, it will uninstall the old version, download the new one and install it where it should be in its relevant library.
  5. Both app create a subdirectory in each library like "Europe/Spain/msfs"
  6. When I open either ORBX or Contrail apps, they automatically perform their checks without me having to link the products in Add-on Linker.
  7. Evidently each product can be individually activated/deactivated in Add-on Linker
Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

Found this on a search. So, not sure if something changed with Orbx Central but this no longer works. I can add the folder to be scanned with Addon Linker and it shows up but if you check to activate any folders in the Orbx library via the addon linker, they no longer stay checked on the left side panel but it shows checked on the right side panel in Addon Linker. Wierd.... 

Indeed it does work exactly as Bert describes and nothing has changed.
Here it is, working exactly as he described.

19.jpg

You do need to point Addons Linker at the msfs folder inside your Orbx Central Library folder.
Every item can be ticked or unticked, or the entire folder can be ticked or unticked, as it is shown in the image, at will.
When ticked, a link to the Community folder is created and when unticked, the same link is removed.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reader said:

NVM, got it sorted. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric