Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

Up to date on the default aircraft

The new Reno Air Races single seat Pitts should have better handling for the same reason.

My favorite improvement in SU6 is the better ground handling of tail draggers.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

16 hours ago, robert young said:

EDIT: You can add any livery by opening up an aircraft's aircraft.cfg file then entering a new entry in the list, using all the correct entries and then updating the layout.json file but I don't know another way.

Hi Rob, thank you for the reply and thank you in advance for the new version. I hope your doing well.

Now 2 things, 1) every aircraft i own, all I need to do is download a livery and place it in the community folder, job done.

2) I am sure there is a good reason why you do it diffrent to everyone else, but,..."You can add any livery by opening up an aircraft's aircraft.cfg file then entering a new entry in the list, using all the correct entries and then updating the layout.json file"  One of them does not sound to hard but updating the layout.json file!!!

If there is not a "normal" way to enjoy liverys we can download, Rob it would be very usefull and helpfull it you inclued a dummy's walk through on just how we can enters xxxxx and where, and also just how do you update the layout.json files!

One I use is this https://flightsim.to/file/11941/beechcraft-g36-gulf-worldtour-2021

How and with all the step to use this and any other would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

David,

I have been adding Bonanza liveries to the Robert´s version with no problems (I do as Robert mentions in the Edit lines of his message above).

To rewrite the layout.json file is very eazy using  any auto.json generator program (I use auto_json.exe program with which we have just to select the aircraft livery! - I can mail it to you if you cannot find it on the Internet).

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

26 minutes ago, ega said:

David,

I have been adding Bonanza liveries to the Robert´s version with no problems (I do as Robert mentions in the Edit lines of his message above).

To rewrite the layout.json file is very eazy using  any auto.json generator program (I use auto_json.exe program with which we have just to select the aircraft livery! - I can mail it to you if you cannot find it on the Internet).

Thank you for your help Edmundo,

I need a more what lines to edit......have no idea, sorry.

Selecting a files with a auto_json.exe programe seems easy.

Is this the tool?

https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Rob, Thanks for all your work. I keep my G36  much as Bert's. 

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Rob, thank you for the reply and thank you in advance for the new version. I hope your doing well.

Now 2 things, 1) every aircraft i own, all I need to do is download a livery and place it in the community folder, job done.

2) I am sure there is a good reason why you do it diffrent to everyone else, but,..."You can add any livery by opening up an aircraft's aircraft.cfg file then entering a new entry in the list, using all the correct entries and then updating the layout.json file"  One of them does not sound to hard but updating the layout.json file!!!

If there is not a "normal" way to enjoy liverys we can download, Rob it would be very usefull and helpfull it you inclued a dummy's walk through on just how we can enters xxxxx and where, and also just how do you update the layout.json files!

One I use is this https://flightsim.to/file/11941/beechcraft-g36-gulf-worldtour-2021

How and with all the step to use this and any other would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you.

Hi David,

I understand your frustration. I have a quick json.cfg app and can probably send you a download of it, and if you message me I will reply with the app. Once you have the app it makes things so much easier, but you still have to edit the aircraft.cfg file to add a livery. All you do is

1. Make a new Texture Folder, usually by copying the one of the existing ones, then renaming it in the right number sequence.

2. Copy and paste the new livery texture folder contents into the new Texture folder.

3. Check that the files look ok.

4. Open the aircraft cfg file and add a new SIM entry below the last one (make a copy of the last entry then alter some of the lines to point to your extra livery). Then save the aircraft cfg (backup of course). Then run the json, cfg app and it scans all of your files for a particular aircraft then makes all the correct entries so it will work, but the aircraft cfg entries must be very precise.

I've used it for months and it has never let me down.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I would add a note that indeed, the Mugz mod of the TBM is very good.  However, since SU6, it appears that ASOBO's changes that effect flap/gear drag (much improved) have IMO altered the final approach response to the point that it is better to use the default aircraft for final and flair that are closer to the POH.

The mod had compensated well to handle the drag prior to the update - now, she wants to float on me.  I'm sure the mod will be updated soon.  For now, I recommend the default aircraft in combination with the WT g3000 mod when flying the TBM.

Randall Rocke

David,

Robert´s explanation is all you need... - just follow step by step. Be sure that this is really easy!! 

I have the layout generator you mentioned but I use another one that is easier to use - it is just to select the aircraft  folder and the program does all the job for you. Yet this to generat the json file  - you stiil need to add the aircraft info on the the aircraft.cfg of the Turbo Bonanza.

If for a reason you are lost we can arrange a Zoom meeting to fully clarify this matter! 

Edited by ega
  • Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo

On 10/29/2021 at 12:44 AM, robert young said:

Version 4 updated to SU6 and now with more refined rudder, spin, sideslip, lighting, differential brake control, improved ground handling and a host of other tweaks is being tested now and I estimate a weekend release. No need for any trouble shooting or file shifting - it will all be packaged ready to go. Many thanks to Bert for finding the culprit that stopped registration numbers showing (this now also fixed in Version 4). Stay tuned !

Any chance you'll continue work on the DA62?

Thanks for the new work Robert! You gave me extra reason to smile this morning. I love to see you jumping in from time to time. (I'm sure others are too).

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

21 hours ago, ega said:

David,

Hi ega,

I sent David the auto_json app last night. I prefer it over other tools as it is so simple to run and has never let me down.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

1 hour ago, robert young said:

Yes, that's very near to release as well!

Very much looking forward to this!

1 hour ago, robert young said:

Fantastic news! It means a lot (and not only MSFS related)....

• Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo

3 hours ago, robert young said:

This really is very good news - but much better news to see you active here again!!

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.