Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

FlyJSim's new Q400 aka Q4XP

7 hours ago, beep747 said:

For some, the cabin and the cabin details are very important, and I understand. For me, the systems and the flightdeck are. I never visit the cabin. I would be nice to have the option to not load the cabin details and gain extra FPS. As it stands, too heavy on the frames for me.

Jos.

As long as the cockpit door is closed (and the camera is not inside the cabin) the cabin is not loaded. So, these features do not use up any performance unless you're in the cabin looking at them. The main sources of performance hit with this plane is the SASL coding and lots of 4k textures in the cockpit. The systems and flight modeling is fantastic as expected but I can confirm a significant performance hit on my higher-end system, cabin or no cabin. I'm thinking of resizing all the textures to 4k in gimp or photoshop or something to at the very least keep it above 19.90FPS wherethe FM starts running in less than real time.

Edited by avgaskoolaid

Here are the performance comparison this morning from KLAX/Orbx TE/Enhanced skyscape

Default Cessna : 48 fps
ToLiss A321neo : 45 fps
Zibo 738 : 37 fps
iniBuild A300 36 fps
FlyJSim Q4XP : 31 fps
TBM 900 : 27 fps

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Video of the performance I am getting 

• Like 4

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

After nearly three years of development on the project since the announcement, FlyJSim has wrapped up development and has released the highly awaited aircraft. 

617d47d5ddbf3ccf8b272c25_XQIlh7IIo1Mp0Up

FlyJSim’s Q4XP can be purchased for $79.95 at the X-Plane.org Store now. As aforementioned, no discount is offered to Q400 Legacy owners.

• Like 2

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Topics merged... Moving discussion about this addon to this thread

Would love to buy it, but i'll wait for it to be available for XP12. I see no reason to further invest into XP11 at this point.

From the fps above, well, ouch.. Hopefully there will be some more optimization running.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Would love to buy it, but i'll wait for it to be available for XP12. I see no reason to further invest into XP11 at this point.

From the fps above, well, ouch.. Hopefully there will be some more optimization running.

It all depends on how long it'll take for XP12 to get released. I'm not that sure about it being near, so, with actually no alternatives for civil flight simulation I decided to reinvest in XP11, specially when authors say they will freely port their addons into XP12.

I was considering this Q-400, used by SATA which also operates the Q-200, as well as the Toliss A346 🙂

Enhanced Skyscapes brought me a very nice alternative for weather rendering, and latey I am revisiting some great freeware projects, one being that amazing freeware Aeroworx C-47 Alexis linked, as well as Thermal-X

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/130227-aeroworx-douglas-c-47/

Therm-X and a few gliders said to be top-notch for XP11 are my next try 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

36 minutes ago, jcomm said:

It all depends on how long it'll take for XP12 to get released. I'm not that sure about it being near, so, with actually no alternatives for civil flight simulation I decided to reinvest in XP11, specially when authors say they will freely port their addons into XP12.

I was considering this Q-400, used by SATA which also operates the Q-200, as well as the Toliss A346 🙂

Enhanced Skyscapes brought me a very nice alternative for weather rendering, and latey I am revisiting some great freeware projects, one being that amazing freeware Aeroworx C-47 Alexis linked, as well as Thermal-X

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/130227-aeroworx-douglas-c-47/

Even if it took XP12 10 more years, i'll wait for that for the simple reason XP11 visual wise holds no value compared to other competitors and as much as i enjoy the flight dynamics (it is what made me switch from FSX to XP10 and then XP11 after all) the eye wants to see something too. And, in my opinion, what we have graphics wise are small band aids (some great attempts too, like Enhanced Skyscapes, but still attempts).

I had the Majestic Q400 for FSX and it was a fun bird, i am sure this will be too. If i was you, i would go for this since it offers a different style of flying (while the A346 likely won't compared to another smaller Bus).

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

I dare to ask how long ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

4 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Both A346 and Q400 will cover X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12. Aerobask  also mention they will support X-Plane 12.  At this late stage, I imagine all developer will make their aircraft supported by XP12 otherwise nobody will buy them. 

"X-Plane 11
Support for X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 when available
Windows, Mac or Linux
4 GB VRAM Minimum - 8 GB+ VRAM Recommended
Download Size: 1.5 GB
Current version: 1.0 (October 30th 2021)"

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

Here are the performance comparison this morning from KLAX/Orbx TE/Enhanced skyscape

Default Cessna : 48 fps
ToLiss A321neo : 45 fps
Zibo 738 : 37 fps
iniBuild A300 36 fps
FlyJSim Q4XP : 31 fps
TBM 900 : 27 fps

Unless I misused my calculator, that's a ~35% FPS hit. A bit worse than the usual 30% with other SASL-driven aircraft (FJS 727, etc.).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

9 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Got it few hrs ago. Its abt a 5 to7 fps according to plugin manager

Great! That is only about 6%!

@fogboundturtle Thanks for that link !!! Excellent !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...