Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

Anyone else seen these in FSX?

Dodgers Stadium adjacent to downtown L.A.; and about 65 miles east of SLC-------

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep mine's the same way. I believe I mentioned this in a notice to the Aces team... Maybe they will fix it. maybe they don't like the Dodgers that much?

Maybe they moddled sink holes in the sim. Dont they just appear at random /??

Yes, Dodger stadium is fixed in SP1.These are the result of a confluence of edge cases in the data export process. Given how we stitch together data from different sources ( sometimes at different resolutions ) our data export is a non-trivial process. As we find these sorts of anomalies and track down what is causing them, we refine our test cases in the export process.Just to give some scale to the problem, we have something like 22,000 airports in the product. If 200 of them have a data issue resulting in spikes or canyons that our export tests dont catch, thats a failure rate of .0090909 (repeating) for airports. Less than 1/100th of a percent. I believe our failure rate is less than that for airports, this is just illustrative. We did spend some time mining various forums and looking for these on our own and have addressed more than a few, although not all, in SP1.

>Yes, Dodger stadium is fixed in SP1.>>These are the result of a confluence of edge cases in the data>export process. Given how we stitch together data from>different sources ( sometimes at different resolutions ) our>data export is a non-trivial process. As we find these sorts>of anomalies and track down what is causing them, we refine>our test cases in the export process.>>Just to give some scale to the problem, we have something like>22,000 airports in the product. If 200 of them have a data>issue resulting in spikes or canyons that our export tests>dont catch, thats a failure rate of .0090909 (repeating) for>airports. Less than 1/100th of a percent. I believe our>failure rate is less than that for airports, this is just>illustrative. >>We did spend some time mining various forums and looking for>these on our own and have addressed more than a few, although>not all, in SP1.Phil, i don't know if you are aware of it, but the world's largest waterfalls (Iguacu falls - Brasil) are missing in FSX. I wonder if that is going to be fixed as well.

>Hey It's Dodger Stadium. If it were Yankee Stadium then it>would really matter.If Yankee Stadium matters so much, then why are they going to tear it down? :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

>>Phil, i don't know if you are aware of it, but the world's>largest waterfalls (Iguacu falls - Brasil) are missing in FSX.>I wonder if that is going to be fixed as well.Iguacu Falls was made by the 3rd-party in FS2004. I expect the same to happen in FSX.Actually, I have not yet tried to import the FS2004 scenery into FSX. It might work! You should try it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

I'm just glad or will be glad when the issues are fixed in the more traveled areas. I live in Santa Maria Californig KSMX and I've had to rely on add-ons to make it look decent, even Mega Scenery left this area out. It would be nice for a company to do all of California and not just parts.Anyway thank you Phil for taking care of the areas you are. I wonder if you can bet in Vegas on what day SP1 will be out?

I live in SLC, and use that as my base of operations so to speak in FSX, so I've seen the one in the mountains east of SLC...ain't she a beauty?First time I saw that rising up in the distance I had to go and check it out, you can see it in the distance pretty much after flying east from KSLC for about 5 minutes - while it would be nice to see it fixed in FSX, in some ways it would be nice for mother nature to create that in real life, would be quite the talking "point" (pun intended, sorry).

Aren't they those "mountains" and "molehills" that were referred to in a previous post?

In a somewhat related question, is there a reason why certain stadiums made it in and others didn't? Like in Miami, I think the Orange Bowl was there (might have been Dolphins Stadium, I was a bit lost) but Pittsburgh doesn't have either stadium. In FS2000 and 2002, I remember the old Three Rivers Stadium being there. I skipped FS9 and was a little disappointed that PNC Park and Heinz Field were both absent.

Thanks for the link, Luis . . . your program does make things simple and in some ways your manual is better written: "Objects will be placed at the location of the green cross-hairs, so it is best to slew up a little bit and point the cross-hairs down towards the point on the ground where you wish the object to appear." -- an important point to remember when placing scenery. Thanks for sharing your FREE program with us.