Sign in to follow this  
CaptMatto

G36 Improvement Project

4 hours ago, CaptMatto said:

@fppilot

We are limited by what we can achieve as our two licences (ours is GNU General Public License & Robs is his own) are not massively conducive to being able to collaborate. Please do know my last statement is definitely not a criticism in any licence model or dev, I respect and understand why they are made. I just want to be honest.

As the mods diverge on their own paths it will become a lot more difficult to merge them. I am adding a lot more systems modelling into the background and as this develops the chances of making a patch to work with Rob's excellent turbo will reduce. Once we have our mod feature complete I'll go back and look at our patch and hopefully make the two aircraft work together.

As much as I appreciate all the work your team are doing, I honestly do not see a pressing need to "combine" two mods that simulate two aircraft that are distinctly different from one another. It would be similar to insisting or suggesting that two mods, one of the airbus a320neo, and another of the A321 or A319, should be automatically combined because they are both Airbuses. I do not see why just because something is free it should be automatically assumed that everyone's similar mod should be combined. 

There are several versions of the same scenery and/or airports for FS2020. Some are payware and some are free. I don't see their authors rushing to combine, mainly because they are proud of their own work and their own input into the flavour and character of their output.

I have worked for many hundreds of hours deciphering the potential of the new flight model system in FS2020 and experimenting in order to get the Bonanza to "feel" right and to fly especially manually in a believable and authentic way.  To me that is that overwhelming goal and comes second to other tweaks like systems etc. That, combined with over 25 years of building flight models for multiple sims,  has been hard won and I'm quite reluctant to casually share it with anyone who demands it, and someone on your team some time back did get VERY pushy even when I told him I was ill and did not have the energy or time to collaborate in the way he wished.

I don't wish to open old wounds but I'm happy going my own way. If at some point it might be easy or really desirable to combine certain things, I'm not against it per se, but for now each author has the absolute right to act as he or she wishes, and not to feel pressured to act otherwise. I think it is different with a project like the FlybyWire Airbus, because the overwhelming complexity of its systems does require a large team with discrete skills.

I wish you all success with your continued development.

• Like 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

@CaptMatto

Hello and thank you for your nice mod!

Really like any addons with saved state ... very sexy for me 😉

However I encounter one issue (maybe issue): the aircraft is very heavy on the back. I have to trim it very, very nose down to get her leveled, much, much more than other addons. Weight is standard (2 pilots, else empty) and centered according to the payload window.

Do I miss sth. here?

thx!

w06942g.jpg

Have a look at this trimmings, and
this is the AP which tries to level the plane

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Rob posted his message, I was just thinking to myself that I, as an end user,  would prefer that both of these remain separate. I would rather have two different Bonanzas than one. And, as has been mentioned, if their paths as to what their ultimate goals are do not necessarily align, it makes sense to not make an attempt to merge them.

• Like 1

I really want to have them both as separate mods/models.

No need to merge them, but would be great if we could run both mods together, to have both enabled at a time

(yes I know about Addon Linker, but do not want to think about before, what mod I do have to enable or disable)

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner

@robert young totally understand your point of view and reasonings behind not coming together; although a relative newcomer to the space I am a seasoned developer in other realms and totally understand where you are coming from in protecting your own work and experience.

Perhaps one way we could collaborate, if you were interested, was in seeing if we could make our mods work in a way so that end users didn't need to choose between the two.

Perhaps if this was of interest we could chat in a PM?

Thanks for all the excellent aircraft you have produced! Take care.

Matt

• Upvote 2

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

@CaptMatto

Hello and thank you for your nice mod!

Really like any addons with saved state ... very sexy for me 😉

However I encounter one issue (maybe issue): the aircraft is very heavy on the back. I have to trim it very, very nose down to get her leveled, much, much more than other addons. Weight is standard (2 pilots, else empty) and centered according to the payload window.

Do I miss sth. here?

thx!

w06942g.jpg

Have a look at this trimmings, and
this is the AP which tries to level the plane

Hey, I'm not sure what is happening there for you. It is not something we have seen to date in our flights. What were your loadings / fuel levels?

If you let me know those I can try and reproduce on my end.

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

2 minutes ago, CaptMatto said:

If you let me know those I can try and reproduce on my end.

thx for getting back to me

ekQXoSb.jpg

Guenter Steiner

@guenseli

I'll have a check in a sec and see if I can reproduce the issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, guenseli said:

w06942g.jpg

I see yours also doesn't have a registration. Is this because it is the development version?

Kind regards

39 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

development version?

To be honest, I don't know. 

Github is a bit unintuitive for me. I have not intentionally downloaded a Dev Version. Will check

Guenter Steiner

Ok, I made sure I have downloaded the correct version as linked in the first post.

But triming problem persists.

Guenter Steiner

10 hours ago, Gerwil said:

I see yours also doesn't have a registration. Is this because it is the development version?

Hey all

The registration is a known bug introduced at the last update - the devs know about the issue and we hope a fix will work it's way across in due course.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, CaptMatto said:

Hi All

I'm on the team who made the G36 Bonanza Improvement Project. We have a forum topic in the main MSFS forums but I thought it might be a good idea to post here as well with a link to the mod; so those here in the Avism forum can give feedback and chat about the mod. All constructive feedback greatly received.

We've developed some great features and just released 0.6.6 Beta 2 in our dev channel. 

MSFS G36 Project version 0.6.6 Beta 2

This is the improvement project for the MSFS default G36. It all started as a simple edit of some configuration files but it has since grown into a fully-fledged modification that improves all aspects of the default G36 and introduces new features.

This was made possible with the help of the community consisting of both enthusiasts and G36 pilots.

• New! Aircraft Persistence
  • Fixed: NXi Engine System Page spacing

Features:

Flight dynamics/performance

• Adjusted climb and cruise performance to match the Bonanza G36 POH charts.
  • Adjusted flap and gear drag
  • Slightly reduced pitch effect due to elevator deflection + propwash
  • Slightly increased nosewheel steering angle
  • Added drag due to cowl flaps. This causes a 3-4 kts cruise speed loss.
  • Decreased yaw sensitivity by lowering deflection rate as a function of speed
  • Increased overall stability: less 'twitchy' feeling

Engine & Fuel system

• Completely overhauled engine parameters: realistic fuel flow, mixture-EGT interaction, engine performance at all pressure altitudes.
  • Simulation of the electric fuel pump
  • More advanced simulation of engine startup:
  • Cold starts: correct use of the fuel pump, throttle and mixture required depending on engine and ambient temperature
  • Under some conditions, idling the engine too soon after start may cause it to quit.
  • Flooded engine: pumping too much fuel to the engine may cause it to ignite slower or not at all.
  • Flooded engine start procedure (mixture low/cut, throttle halfway) may resolve this.
  • A hot engine running idle with little airflow may quit because the fuel evaporates.

Systems

• Added new working systems and switches:
  • Airco (has a negative effect on engine performance, you will see a few kts lower cruise speed)
  • Airco and ventilator switches are functioning and part of the electrical system
  • Annunciator test

Electrical system overhaul

• Completely revised electrical buses: all individual systems hooked up to the correct bus
  • Bus tie logic added
  • Correct voltage indications of BUS2 due to reverse current blocking diodes
  • Correct alternator loads
  • Made all indications smooth, rather than instant jumps to a new value

Autopilot tweaks

• Fixed holding the wrong altitude at non-standard atmospheric pressures
  • Max pitch and bank angles adjusted for smoother AP behaviour
  • Added maximum and minimum IAS_ref speeds for FLC mode
  • Adjusted autopilot PIDs

Electronics

• Integration with the Working Title NXi mod, with customized ENGINE, LEAN and SYSTEM pages.
  • Completely redone G1000 annunciators: all annunciators of the real G36 were implemented (except for door open warnings)
  • Corrected fuel gauge scale

Textures & effects

• Including the latest version of Uwajimaya's lighting mod (https://uwajimaya.github.io/FS2020/)
  • Corrected decals (e.g. shoulder hardness -> harness)

Checklists

• Interactive checklists for every stage of your flight that follow the POH

ATC

• You are now referenced as Bonanza > Your Callsign in in game ATC

SOUNDS

• Excessive undercarriage wind noise reduced

AIRCRAFT PERSISTENCE / STATE SAVING / MAKING THE PLANE 'REAL' (WORK IN PROGRESS)

Your aircraft now remembers how you left it! States are saved per Aircraft Registration, so you can multiple 'living' Aircraft. On first flight load of the new 0.6.6, your aircraft is set cold & dark with 64 gallons of fuel. The aircraft now saves the following tank levels, switches and levers every 5 seconds. When you next climb into your aircraft you will find it just as you left it!

• Left & Right Fuel Tank Level
  • Battery 1 & 2 switch
  • Alternator 1 & 2 Switch
  • Parking Brake lever
  • Avionics Switch
  • Airconditioning Switch
  • Blower switch
  • Vent Blower switch
  • Aux Fuel Pump Switch
  • Magneto Switch
  • Pitot Heat Switch
  • Prop De-Ice Switch
  • Strobe Switch
  • Beacon Switch
  • Nav Light Switch
  • Flood Light Switch
  • Panel Light Switch
  • Taxi Light Switch
  • Landing Light Switch
  • Fuel Selector Position
  • Defrost switch
  • Throttle Position
  • Propeller Position
  • Mixture Position
  • Cowl Flap Position
  • Flaps Switch
  • Flaps Physical Position
  • Pitch Trim Position
  • Aileron Trim Position
  • Floodlight Brightness
  • Pilot & Passenger Yoke Visibility

NOTE: The aircraft state is only loaded if:

• You are on the ground in a parking spot or
  • You are on the ground somewhere else and your engine is off.
  • This allows the aircraft to load in flight or ready at the end of the runway without messing with the aircraft load. It WILL however, still record switch states and tank levels etc.

MISC

• Possible fix to aircraft getting stuck on the ground. Changed nose height on gear to reflect reference pictures, increased nose gear damping affect

Installation:

1: Download and install the Working Title NXi from the store Marketplace

2: Download and unzip the folder ‘z-bonanza-g36-improvement-project’ in to your MSFS Community folder

3: Download and unzip the folder 'g36ip-hanger-module' in to your MSFS Community folder

FAQ's:

Q: I am not seeing the engine pages in the G1000?

*A: Make sure to install the Working Title NXi (from the Marketplace). Ensure that the old G1000 Working Title mod is no longer installed, we have moved compatabilty to the NXi available from the marketplace.

Please Note: Current version of Working Title NXi 0.7.1 does not have a working reversionary mode and the engine pages are listed on the MFD only. We believe this will change in the future.

There have also been reports of the GNS750 causing issues with the NXi / Our mod.

Q: The mod isn't working?*

A: This is usually due to a conflict with another mod in the community folder. The best thing is to remove all other mods and slowly add them to see what causes the conflict. Aircraft, gauge and lighting mods are the prime suspects.

Q: The engine won't start?

A: Since v0.6, the engine start is modelled. Fuel must be pumped to the engines, cold engines need to warm up and overuse of the fuel pump and throttle prior to engine start may cause it to flood. If you correctly follow the start procedures, the engine should almost always start on the first try, unless under extreme condtions.

Q: My engine quits after landing?

A: Fuel may evaporate in a hot engine at low speeds and idle throttle. This could occur on a very hot day when coming to a stop after landing. Use of the cowl flaps on approach and landing is advised under these conditions.

Q: My engine quits right away when starting on the runway?

A: This mod is designed for cold and dark starts. The sim initializes the CHT as equal to the ambient temperature. Furthermore, the amount of fuel pumped to the engine initializes as 0. Hence, the engine start/run conditions are not met and the engine will shut down. Follow the start-up procedure to restart the engine.

Q: The annunciator test button is stuck?

A: This happens when you left click outside the clickbox and then hover your mouse over the button and release. Do the same thing to resolve the problem.

Q: The AC Blower switch doesn't work?

A: Unfortunately there is something wrong with the animation. We have to wait for Asobo to fix this, but since this button was (inop.) by default don't hold your breath. If you click it, it does actually work. You can see it increases the electrical BUS1 load slightly.

How to get?

Latest Release: https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/releases

Latest Development Version: https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/tree/development

Issues, Bug Reports & Feature Requests: https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/issues 

Clearly there is a lot of good work done here for which we thank you...

One wishes this MOD cold coexist active in MSFS along Robert Yong's Turbo Mod V4.1 post SU6.  I mean as if those were 2 different aircrafts (which they are).

I wonder if you can build that in a future version of this MOD.

Best regards a nd thanks for your dedication to share your work with the community !!!!

Regards

• Like 1

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

3 hours ago, wlix261 said:

Clearly there is a lot of good work done here for which we thank you...

One wishes this MOD cold coexist active in MSFS along Robert Yong's Turbo Mod V4.1 post SU6.  I mean as if those were 2 different aircrafts (which they are).

I wonder if you can build that in a future version of this MOD.

Best regards a nd thanks for your dedication to share your work with the community !!!!

Regards

Why are we spending all this developer cache asking them to do extra work for us?  All that is needed is to use a community folder manager like MSFS AddonLinker. Using a tool like that BOTH aircraft can live in harmony on your hard drive and switching between the two takes less than two seconds. 

-B

• Like 1

Hi, Great work on the mod. Like it a lot. Few things, (maybe not in your scope, but Asobo's).

The stand-by ASI is not displaying the correct airspeed. And, can you maybe change the moving prop texture, so it is more transparent?

Cheers, Rob

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2