Sign in to follow this  
psolk

AIG OCI Lessons Learned

OK, here are my own lessons learned and how I got things working.  

In Sim Settings:

Aircraft Vehicle Type:  Off

AI Aircraft Traffic Density Slider: 0

Airport Vehicle Density: 0

Ground Aircraft Density: 0

Generic Plane Models Off and Off

Issues:

1.   if you have random traffic at the gates:

The random aircraft I have pinpointed to Ground Traffic Density not being at 0 

Apparently MSFS is using the AIG AI as Ground Traffic randomly.  Hence the random liveries.  

**Setting Ground Traffic Density to Zero resolves this issue

2.  "MY" issue is when I set that to 0 I have no traffic what-so-ever.  AIG TC shows connected, shows the UTC time, centers on my plane but won't inject anything.  

***Make sure AIGTC is properly pointing to your Community directory.  Mine "looked" like it was in the abbreviated path withing AIGTC settings but it was actually pointing the the AIGTC install folder on my O: drive.  My Community folder is on my J: Drive  

Pointing to the AIG directory within the Community Folder resolves this.  

Just my own findings and how I got things to work.  Also, once I did get it working it took a little bit (seconds) for the traffic to inject.  It appeared on the map before it appeared in the sim.  

Following the process above I got everything working.  

Hope it helps someone else! 

• Like 21
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Excellent Paul.  This needs to be pinned in the Tips and Tricks section after a few other useful replies maybe, if anyone else has any additional tips to add.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Paul, are these tips for the Offline traffic, or online, or both?

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

48 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

are these tips for the Offline traffic, or online, or both?

Right - what are the in-sim and AI Manager settings to run either the static flightplans or the online traffic?

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

Online AI:

Do not start AIGTC, enable online AI in the Sim

Thank you, I haven't seen this explained anywhere else.

• Like 1

James

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

Online AI:

Do not start AIGTC, enable online AI in the Sim

Just to be sure...

Under AVIATION TRAFFIC there is the first option AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE with 3 choiches: OFF / REAL-TIME ONLINE / AI OFFLINE.

Is the following correct?

1. OFF is OFF so nothing will be shown (neither MSFS traffic nor AIG)

2. AI OFFLINE with DENSITY 0 --> AIG planes are there and the density is controlled through AIGTC

3. REAL-TIME ONLINE --> MSFS AI kicks in

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 minute ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Just to be sure...

Under AVIATION TRAFFIC there is the first option AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE with 3 choiches: OFF / REAL-TIME ONLINE / AI OFFLINE.

Is the following correct?

1. OFF is OFF so nothing will be shown (neither MSFS traffic nor AIG)

2. AI OFFLINE with DENSITY 0 --> AIG planes are there and the density is controlled through AIGTC

3. REAL-TIME ONLINE --> MSFS AI kicks in

Not quite.  See my first post:

1 Aircraft Traffic: OFF  is off, nothing will be displayed until you run AIGTC and inject traffic.  This is the correct setting.  

2.  Unnecessary for AIGTC, see above

3.  Correct

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

1 minute ago, psolk said:

1 Aircraft Traffic: OFF  is off, nothing will be displayed until you run AIGTC and inject traffic.  This is the correct setting.  

2.  Unnecessary for AIGTC, see above

3.  Correct

Nice and clear. This would be handy to include in the next version of the guide.

• Like 1

Is there a manual for MS 2020 install? I downloaded and ran the exe,and chose MS 2020 option,I see the progress bar,but no files accumulating in my community folder.Is everything automatic?

Thanks

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 minute ago, psolk said:

I was intrigued because if I set Traffic to OFF then I can't do anything with the traffic density Slider (the slider can be set to 0 only if I select AI OFFLINE...).

Basicaly refering to your first 2 settings...

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

29 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I was intrigued because if I set Traffic to OFF then I can't do anything with the traffic density Slider (the slider can be set to 0 only if I select AI OFFLINE...).

Basicaly refering to your first 2 settings...

Correct because once it is off the AI traffic density is handled by the density slider in AIGTC no in the sim  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

8 hours ago, psolk said:

1.   if you have random traffic at the gates:

The random aircraft I have pinpointed to Ground Traffic Density not being at 0 

Apparently MSFS is using the AIG AI as Ground Traffic randomly.  Hence the random liveries.  

**Setting Ground Traffic Density to Zero resolves this issue

2.  "MY" issue is when I set that to 0 I have no traffic what-so-ever.  AIG TC shows connected, shows the UTC time, centers on my plane but won't inject anything. 

MSFS is definitely using AIG as ground AC. For me setting Ground Traffic Density to anything but 0 results in some AC that have no flightplans (and some models with no paint) and if set to 100% fills up every gate. At KRIC I set back from 5% to 0% and went from quite a few AC to just one, but that was accurate for where I was at that time of day.

Edited by desbean
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Is there a manual for MS 2020 install? I downloaded and ran the exe,and chose MS 2020 option,I see the progress bar,but no files accumulating in my community folder.Is everything automatic?

Thanks

Just got home from work,6 hours later progress bar still going???

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

28 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Just got home from work,6 hours later progress bar still going???

Took me 7 hours in total for a full install of all flight plans.