Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

More AIG thoughts

We were upset with the lack of real world liveries and models and AIG fixed most of that, but took away all the GA and so now most airports (that aren't major hubs) look empty. Traded one problem for another.

And as someone else asked, is there anyway to get the aircraft labels back in sim? I know you can click on the AI aircraft in the TC map and get info, but it was nice to see the labels in sim. Can TC not inject this info?

James

57 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

We were upset with the lack of real world liveries and models and AIG fixed most of that, but took away all the GA and so now most airports (that aren't major hubs) look empty. Traded one problem for another.

And as someone else asked, is there anyway to get the aircraft labels back in sim? I know you can click on the AI aircraft in the TC map and get info, but it was nice to see the labels in sim. Can TC not inject this info?

No incentive to do the AIG thing for me then.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

25 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Cheers

bs

Unless I have misread I think there is a way to do either/or. 

Flying tubeliner out of major hub turn off MSFS AI and run AIGTC. 

Flying out of a small GA field you re-enable default MSFS AI don't launch AIGTC.

I "think" this gets you GA when in smaller fields and AIG airliner AI in larger airports until AIG brings in cargo, GA, Corporate etc... 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

8 minutes ago, psolk said:

Unless I have misread I think there is a way to do either/or. 

Flying tubeliner out of major hub turn off MSFS AI and run AIGTC. 

Flying out of a small GA field you re-enable default MSFS AI don't launch AIGTC.

I "think" this gets you GA when in smaller fields and AIG airliner AI in larger airports until AIG brings in cargo, GA, Corporate etc... 

What do you do at something like KSAV which is split 50-50?

James

4 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

What do you do at something like KSAV which is split 50-50?

Personal choice, choose one or the other.  Myself "personally" I'd lean towards airline traffic but for some not having the GA is a show stopper for now until AIG matures or they go with something else altogether. Personal choice really. 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

As I understand this, if you set "Ground Aircraft Density" to higher value than 0, the game will put GA aircrafts on smaller airports, but will also put generic aircrafts at the gates at big airports that may not be realistic, but that's a trade off I can live with, I have not tried this myself as I'm downloading AIG as we speak, but I will later this evening.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

22 hours ago, Ixoye said:

As I understand this, if you set "Ground Aircraft Density" to higher value than 0, the game will put GA aircrafts on smaller airports, but will also put generic aircrafts at the gates at big airports that may not be realistic, but that's a trade off I can live with, I have not tried this myself as I'm downloading AIG as we speak, but I will later this evening.

I believe the default asobo airline models can be disabled by editing the .cfg files.  this would create the result you are looking for.  I have not tried this yet but will soon. 

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, Phantoms said:

The labels only work on Players and Live Traffic. Even the default offline traffic doesn't have labels.

23 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Cheers

bs

I just run AIG and Live traffic for GA.

You could also edit the default traffic file to remove the airliners and run the sim with AIG and the default traffic file as a stop gap.

AFAIK when AIG gets to the GA, the planes aren't going to be small Cessna and such. It's going to be what corporations and such use, private jets and the like.

22 hours ago, psolk said:

until AIG brings in cargo,

Already in.

Edited by Tuskin38

There is no point in me using AIG but thanks for the response.

I do think that it is time for another AIG thread though.  lol

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 11/11/2021 at 6:50 AM, Car147 said:

Two words.. Pointy Planes.

One word:  Temporary

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

47 minutes ago, Noel said:

One word:  Temporary

3 words.. Do you think so?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

If only Microsoft would release a Global Airport Immersion DLC with ATC/AI/Ground/Tower Innovations next Thursday

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, urthgental said:

If only Microsoft would release a Global Airport Immersion DLC with ATC/AI/Ground/Tower Innovations 

I'd easily pay for that...and Interestingly that would probably skyrocket the purchases of addon airports in the marketplace