Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

PSXT + RT + AIG : Live traffic

Hey Ian, this is what I did:

1) In your C :drive, navigate to the following:  C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\PSXT_MSFS.  Inside that folder is a parameters.xml file.  Open that with Notepad.

2) Scroll down where it says 'lfolder0, lfolder 1, lfolder 2, etc.  For each one of these lines (lfolders 0-9), I entered as the value the location of my community folder where the AIG liveries folders is.  This resides on my D :drive, so the value looks like this:  "D:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community".  Doing this resolved the liveries error message I was getting.

3) Underneath that I entered the following for the "STOCK_AIRPORTS_PATH" value:  "D:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base"  This points to an 'fs-base' folder in the "Official" folder.  Doing that got rid of the (47) error message about the stock airports.  

After that, everything works fine.  Between the manual and the thread you referenced, I was able to piece it together, but I still think this could be explained better, both in the quick start guide and in the manual.  For someone just using the quick start guide for MSFS, it just won't work unless the above values are entered.  I happened to have the day off so I had the time to troubleshoot it, but man, it was confusing.

Edited by mikeklimek
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

For someone just using the quick start guide for MSFS, it just won't work unless the above values are entered.

Yeah, strange cause all of that was automatic three days ago.

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yeah, strange cause all of that was automatic three days ago.

That is strange.  Seems to be going backward if it was automatic before, now requiring manual input, but not really telling the user except through vague error messages one has to track down.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

Hey Ian, this is what I did:

1) In your C :drive, navigate to the following:  C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\PSXT_MSFS.  Inside that folder is a parameters.xml file.  Open that with Notepad.

2) Scroll down where it says 'lfolder0, lfolder 1, lfolder 2, etc.  For each one of these lines (lfolders 0-9), I entered as the value the location of my community folder where the AIG liveries folders is.  This resides on my D :drive, so the value looks like this:  "D:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community".  Doing this resolved the liveries error message I was getting.

3) Underneath that I entered the following for the "STOCK_AIRPORTS_PATH" value:  "D:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base"  This points to an 'fs-base' folder in the "Official" folder.  Doing that got rid of the (47) error message about the stock airports.  

After that, everything works fine.  Between the manual and the thread you referenced, I was able to piece it together, but I still think this could be explained better, both in the quick start guide and in the manual.  For someone just using the quick start guide for MSFS, it just won't work unless the above values are entered.  I happened to have the day off so I had the time to troubleshoot it, but man, it was confusing.

Have you managed to see any GA aircraft?  I see airliners fine but no GA.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Have you managed to see any GA aircraft?  I see airliners fine but no GA.

From what I understand, even when using AIG AI Manager with AI Traffic Controller, you won't see any GA flights as there's no GA planes converted for MSFS use yet (as mentioned on page 8 by Tuskin38 here): 

Since PSXT is using AIG, I suppose this is the same reason why you aren't seeing them with PSXT either.  If you're wanting to see GA planes, I imagine the only way would be to use AIG with the MSFS Live Traffic (as I believe it would still show GA traffic).

7 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

From what I understand, even when using AIG AI Manager with AI Traffic Controller, you won't see any GA flights as there's no GA planes converted for MSFS use yet (as mentioned on page 8 by Tuskin38 here): 

I'm getting GA flights. Was at KBTV yesterday, and there were four C150/C170/C180? doing circuits and touch-and-goes. I'm using AIG and IVAO. 

Petraeus

7 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

Since PSXT is using AIG, I suppose this is the same reason why you aren't seeing them with PSXT either.  If you're wanting to see GA planes, I imagine the only way would be to use AIG with the MSFS Live Traffic (as I believe it would still show GA traffic).

I'm seeing live GA traffic. I was at KBTV yesterday and there were light Cessnas doing circuits and touch-and-goes. I'm using PSXT with AIG and IVAO.

Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus

19 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

For someone just using the quick start guide for MSFS, it just won't work unless the above values are entered.  I happened to have the day off so I had the time to troubleshoot it, but man, it was confusing.

Hi guys,

The QuickStartGuide assumes you have bought MSFS from MS Store, like I did.  I have not yet figured out how Steam deals with installation paths, its rather complicated and I see people report different paths. If I do know the paths I can make automatic also work for Steam users.

(Remember, "The pioneers get the arrows, the settlers get the land"  😉

However, one can always switch to manual mode and define the paths with parameters. It is clearly stated in the Manual (10.1 and 11.1)  also where to find parameters.xml ( see Chapter 3).

Please take some time to read the stuff.

And use my AVSIM Forum if you have questions, please.  It's better to have Q&A at one place.

Regards,

Nico Kaan.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

UserCfg.opt

InstalledpackagePath: "" Mine is "K:\Packages...This is Steam version.

registry.448685

That help any Nico?

Edited by Adrian123

17 minutes ago, kiek said:

It is clearly stated in the Manual (10.1 and 11.1)  also where to find parameters.xml ( see Chapter 3).

Please take some time to read the stuff.

You've put together a good product, but this is one thing I respectfully disagree with.  I read the stuff repeatedly in the manual and "clearly stated" is not the exact phrase I would use.  I submit the documentation could be clearer, as evidenced by the fact that I wasn't the only one having issues.  I just kept going and going and going, hopping between threads and the manual until I was able to piece it together--and that was just because I had the time to do it. 

My humble opinion of course. Otherwise, a good product once the first-time user can get it sorted (especially if on Steam).

Edited by mikeklimek

25 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

UserCfg.opt

InstalledpackagePath: "" Mine is "K:\Packages...This is Steam version.

Weird. Did you created that your self ?

10 minutes ago, kiek said:

Weird. Did you created that your self ?

You know, I was trying to remember that but I believe when installing the Steam edition, I was given the option. There is a post on FSDevelopers on the Steam install subject.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/registry.448685/

From Jon's info:
Config path for Steam Edition: “%AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator”
Config path for MS Edition: C:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
The file is called userCfg.opt and the last line shows where you put the content folder and the community folder is inside that. InstalledPackagesPath
The SDK installation creates an environment variable MSFS_SDK which contains its install path.

Edited by Adrian123

6 hours ago, Petraeus said:

I'm seeing live GA traffic. I was at KBTV yesterday and there were light Cessnas doing circuits and touch-and-goes. I'm using PSXT with AIG and IVAO.

Could you share how  you set up?  I fly mainly GA aircraft so would love to see GA in the skies!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, kiek said:

"The QuickStartGuide assumes you have bought MSFS from MS Store....."

In my younger days one of my teachers on medical school once told me: "never assume... "😉 

Edited by Digger57