Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Which is Better?

I have This and the AIG One. Both are adequate.

Which is better? Simple Traffic or AIG one!

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have split this off from the Simple Traffic Topic into your own topic for comparison of the 2 traffic programs.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, Manny said:

Two completely different addons. One paid one free. Spend some time to learn and not ask blanket questions.

Tried both and I'm going with AIG. Better models and less fps hit. The only downside is startup time of AIG.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Manny said:

I use both....................

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Super easy answer:

Whichever you prefer.... 

No one can argue AIG is better.  

No one can argue ST is easier.

AIG isn't focused on GA yet so if GA is your preference then either do model matching with AIG or go with ST which has no impact on GA.  AIG will bring GA, Corporate, and hopefully even helicopter flights in time.  Right now no GA but there are work-arounds.

If high quality AI models high quality repaints, custom liveries matching the RW and awesome support are your thing AIG is the way to go but you have to be willing to put the time into it. If you want to see a BA 747, Qatari 777, Emirates 777, ERJ's, CRJ's and realistic models you only have one choice.

If simply repainting the Generic twin engine Asobo models (which some find quite ugly)  and putting every airliner livery in the world onto those models with a single click then ST is for you.  If you don't care about a bunch of Southwest A330's then ST will make you more than happy enough. It has nowhere near the detail, no models, is not free and the support of the freeware offering is unmatched but for a lot of people they just want to see liveries, they don't care about quality, models or accuracy and the most important thing is a one click installer.  In that case ST is the better option.

So really depends what the individual user wants, there is no "right" answer but putting everything else aside you just can't compare the "quality" of what the competing offerings have delivered.  The freeware offering is far superior in terms of quality and actual offering, the paid offering is much easier to implement and use but delivered far less in terms of features and functionality.  

Just my .02 on the matter but it all comes down to user preference.   Both are going to suffer the same Asobo AI bugs but only one gives you this...

AM-JKLXio6JgSGFSmAGrpkmt_bjU_ouPOEXIdji8-aYHCbVnBme3UFMcJRo5VItnm_Lo3920fFYENNOmHDjmp1MbyRh60JDb1W5jM7-b-gi8RnynJ3xAHy4zjuvoUZYFsOcEmkGvgf37-v2yGN3TEEfnPHHbEQ=w2560-h720-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLWh5zeb7gJRYUxysYS3dXUsVFn-pHhQtArpJGa1KwF8UJrDVdZJePy6KnacqDxQq7ewOwjrznRMGF-AgOxzfjhHAzX35Ldzow6rWHlgllZOE5wDxr8Kjssh7em7NMNFzv1o8FTufwK0ySBvp7mxIl5pzg=w2560-h720-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLXJ7WBCREeD7GTrcOGtXwD03wb_Xl9ecI1fFMk6dY8KA-c4fVfVqiZjaQMqDR_EajY6yHme7XJU7CZLrs_IR6fhV38k4bUzZcT_CLCLWJgdNBmFQoeDpeZ6z5TY_xc8pSvHkF0TXk-P2YlGF6BiHRv0vg=w2560-h720-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLVsFRrN-uBPVLWqmzFauVpOVKzcCL7EwVHLFnDgl2dJEMeBLbg9uT65GqxK5BJ_8XzU_EMkjtyZiZ3mr9wP-ye_uSTF7HNYacGH7lYila004NW6GTVL85bqD8xSd3Jc5ATId6telORkbXovUoRMHkCkTA=w2560-h720-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLUhp20AWoOh39TcWLogw6H0AgGDf9IRrbT_8x4ZDYDELHr6RDGq-PMkFV3pz9NqR7NgpOo5XKbX4eNJkPBlxHgAjp5nZ6jb3NbS2p48dGSa9fkFy1rVkRCi7DvH6GItnIrA5I9rEVVqD8MgcTiAlmrqKw=w2560-h720-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLXIbDUcfNq32Yaxo5oWoTHhhEpzqfpIUAWZTmfcP8MdJgtmGhsbf8G2QkjukIQTjWPTDEXSh677-p60nDCXlQouukKTsovlsfblWebTXbLyGHwyhoKN_c4IDKBB9lL9tI1e18dIa2OViQdIyRcggXiaLw=w2560-h720-no?authuser=0

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 hours ago, Greazer said:

Two completely different addons. One paid one free. Spend some time to learn and not ask blanket questions.

I am not that familiar with AIG.  But isn't AIG free because it's in beta now?

But once AIG is out of beta, isn't it supposed to become a paid product?

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

it will stay free.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

AIG has always been free...  It's been a final product in P3D for years and really the only traffic program people continue to develop and still free...  There was also an add on AI lights program for AIG that offered a free and paid offering.  I could sit there for hours in P3D and just AI spot.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

1 minute ago, psolk said:

AIG has always been free...  It's been a final product in P3D for years and really the only traffic program people continue to use and develop and still free... 

Sweet!  It's something I might install in the future then. Cheers.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Sweet!  It's something I might install in the future then. Cheers.

It can be daunting but the developer will literally stay up all night to work with an individual user to get them up and running if that's what it takes. Some people have no issues getting it running for others it can appear quite dauniting but AIG is a labor of love for the team and they will stop at no end to get a user up and running. 

Kaiii helped me non-stop for a week in P3D when I had an issue specific to my system.  Best support I ever had in flightsim and it was from a freeware offering.  To me that says everything. It's also why some of us are SO passionate about supporting them.  Because they have done so much for us as a community.

ST was a cheap buck for Aerosoft and they actually said directly in their forum they would only help a user so much "because" they are nothing more than "a few euro profit...."   Mathijs's own words... One thing to think it another to actually say it to someone LOL. 

Night and Day attitudes between the two, one is for love the other for money.  

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk