Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

16 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

If you end up using the solution from that video, there's no need to go the lengthy route that person takes if you are  downloading the tool to the same PC you are repairing. Select the "Upgrade this PC now" option, not "Create... for another PC". It will allow you to repair your Windows installation without deleting any of your programs/apps or files and settings.

I completed all the cmd lines, in the prior tips post. Unfortunately CTD again. EGBB to BIRK, descending over Iceland, pretty much the same location as previous CTD.

I'll retry flight with FBW A320 Experimental, as I've never had a CTD with that, only ever the CJ4.

If that CTD's in same approx area, then it's possibly a scenery issue. There does seem to be some water mask issue in southeast Iceland, maybe it is just ice flow into the sea? 

Cheers for your help

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

16 hours ago, turbomax said:

do you have any CJ4 repaints or other add-ons that might have changed/replaced the panel.cfg?

No, Just CJ4 12.9 and navigrapgh data 2111 rev 4.

Otherwise it's just a plain vanilla Premium Deluxe Steam edition.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

6 hours ago, Sethos said:

Noticed another small issue. I bound my middle-mouse click to go into freelook mode in cockpit, worked fine. However now, when I press it, it unzooms. So if I zoom in to look at the FMS or look at a button, I just go out of zoom when I want to actually click it. Really annoying. 

Well, guess I'll go back to right click to freelook. 

Yep, I had that exact same issue - was down to the middle mouse click being set back to toggling freelock as apposed to holding freelock. Just reassign "TOGGLE COCKPIT VIEW FREELOCK (HOLD) to "MID-CLICK" and remove the "TOGGLE COCKPIT FREELOCK" assignment.

Edited by garydpoole
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had a discord chat with Matt at Working Title.

He says there isn't a possibility JS mods to their version of CJ4 can crash the base sim.

However, he is aware of numerous reports with the CJ4 CTD'ing for what ever reason. 

He advised me to report to Zendesk, which I will do.

Just tried the same EGBB to BIRK flight in the experimental FBW A320 with no issues...... apart from some max reverse thrust and heavy braking on the 5000ft runway!

Something with the CJ4 and MSFS is not playing nice since SU5.

I've still to try reinstalling Windows keeping my apps in place, maybe I'll try that tomorrow.

Stu

13 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Is it possible to use Opentrack with the TrackClip and TrackIR camera? I don't have the TrackClip Pro

nope, have tried  and tried. Can't find a way even with "google".

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

EDIT: I was able to fix it by doing a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers.

Another issue:

Someone suggested to delete rolling cache, so I did. 

The result was the introduction of blocky pixels at the top of the screen whenever the screen moves. Deleting rolling cache was the only change I did.

I tried to fix it by resetting graphics settings, turning things on and off again, and going from 130 resolution to 100. No difference. In the past when people had this happen, going to 100 fixed it. Not this time.

It appears on the upper third of the screen, difficult to get a screen grab of it, but you can see it at the center of the window.

VIi6Qut.jpg

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

27 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

It appears on the upper third of the screen, difficult to get a screen grab of it, but you can see it at the center of the window.

Definitely see it. Weird. Have you also tried clearing your shader cache in disk cleanup?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Definitely see it. Weird. Have you also tried clearing your shader cache in disk cleanup?

Nope, I don't know how to do that. 

But I was able to fix it by doing a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers! 

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

42 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Nope, I don't know how to do that. 

Glad you got that sorted. You just run windows Disk Cleanup (type that in the search bar) and there's an option to clear DirectX shader cache - just check it off and click OK.

• Like 3

Apologies if this issue has already been discussed but I noticed that the A320 autopilot is acting a bit erratic after the update. If you adjust the V/S the nose of the plane starts rocking up/down in an aggressive manner.  Even if you adjust the V/S up/down by one click the plane's nose starting rocking up and down (very annoying). Not a pilot but I don't think this is a normal behavior.

Edited by Huascar

On 11/20/2021 at 8:28 PM, Republic3D said:

EDIT: I was able to fix it by doing a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers.

Another issue:

Someone suggested to delete rolling cache, so I did. 

The result was the introduction of blocky pixels at the top of the screen whenever the screen moves. Deleting rolling cache was the only change I did.

I tried to fix it by resetting graphics settings, turning things on and off again, and going from 130 resolution to 100. No difference. In the past when people had this happen, going to 100 fixed it. Not this time.

VIi6Qut.jpg

I experienced this on my first flight post SU7 too.  Hasn't happened again since but I'm expecting it back! 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 6:36 AM, Bucksnort said:

Asobo doesn't care, because TrackIR problems don't affect Xbox users.

nonsense. why would they fix VR then?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

19 hours ago, Huascar said:

If you adjust the V/S the nose of the plane starts rocking up/down in an aggressive manner. 

did you check the various ASSISTANCE OPTIONS - Auto trim settings? seems they have been reset in SU7 to an easy for beginners mode.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:48 AM, garydpoole said:

Yep, I had that exact same issue - was down to the middle mouse click being set back to toggling freelock as apposed to holding freelock. Just reassign "TOGGLE COCKPIT VIEW FREELOCK (HOLD) to "MID-CLICK" and remove the "TOGGLE COCKPIT FREELOCK" assignment.

Only a month later for me to get this true clue!:blush:

Yes this was a wonderful change!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.